Worst series | Syracusefan.com

Worst series

temery

What?
The comment previously about Hill Street Blues reminded me of perhaps the worst series ever - Cop Rock. What was Bochco thinking?

The comment previously about Hill Street Blues reminded me of perhaps the worst series ever - Cop Rock. What was Bochco thinking?
This was a classic case of "Let's let Bochco do whatever he wants - how could it not be gold?"

I really hate Dexter . . . my wife likes it so I have seen every episode of every season, but I think it is possibly the worst written show I have ever seen.

I think "Two and a Half Men," "Big Bang Theory," and "How I Met Your Mother" are horrible. Laugh tracks and studio audiences need to go away forever.

I can agree with two and a half men being horrible, and I'm not a fan of laugh tracks. Big Bang Theory? Hoe I Met Your Mother? Awesome shows!

Glee.. My wife makes me watch Glee, and its horrible
There are 3 women in the house...and me. I have seen most episodes. I agree - it's awful. But Jane Lynch is funny.

There are 3 women in the house...and me. I have seen most episodes. I agree - it's awful. But Jane Lynch is funny.

I can deal with some of it, the Mash Ups are cool sometimes. I cant get her to watch 20 minutes of a football game without whining, but let me say something during Glee, lol

I really hate Dexter . . . my wife likes it so I have seen every episode of every season, but I think it is possibly the worst written show I have ever seen.

Ugh...my wife is a Dexter junkie. Drives me nuts.

i despise The Office (The american version..never saw UK). If i have to sit through anything steve carrell stars in ever again i might shoot myself.

i despise The Office (The american version..never saw UK). If i have to sit through anything steve carrell stars in ever again i might shoot myself.

Ditto. Painful and not funny whatsoever.

I might have appreciated these shows if they were made in the 90s, but comedy has evolved. After seeing "Arrested Development" how can anyone settle for these mediocre shows?

I loved Arrested Development.
It took me a few episodes to enjoy how I met your mother, if I caught a random episode I thought it was bad. My wife had us start from season one, and we got hooked

I might have appreciated these shows if they were made in the 90s, but comedy has evolved. After seeing "Arrested Development" how can anyone settle for these mediocre shows?

People do have opinions.. In my opinion The Big Bang Theory is a great show because it makes me laugh. In my opinion The Office is one of the worst shows to ever cross my television screen. Comedy is subjective and just because it has "evolved" for yourself doesn't mean it has for everyone else. Arrested Devolopment is ... not really it's a great show i just felt like arguing.

People do have opinions.. In my opinion The Big Bang Theory is a great show because it makes me laugh. In my opinion The Office is one of the worst shows to ever cross my television screen. Comedy is subjective and just because it has "evolved" for yourself doesn't mean it has for everyone else. Arrested Devolopment is ... not really it's a great show i just felt like arguing.
Obviously! Did this really need to be said on a message board designed for people to express opinions about subjective matters?

Ditto. Painful and not funny whatsoever.

Agreed. My problem with the office is that I worked for a guy who was way too close to the Steve Carrell character. That show made me uncomfortable every second I watched it. When the guy I worked for got fired, I grew to enjoy the show a bit more - the wife loved it. Sadly enough, it's like a 100x worse now that Carrell has left.

Pretty much every series containing canned laughter not named "Seinfeld"

I love Arrested Development, but it's not the be-all and end-all of TV comedy. For that, you go to the Larry Sanders Show.

and also, fwiw, standard network comedies can still be good. anyone who is married with kids knows that Everybody Loves Raymond had many moments brilliant/brutal/truthful hilarity

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom