Wouldn't it be better to reserve all judgement of this 2012 SU lacrosse team til season is over? | Syracusefan.com

Wouldn't it be better to reserve all judgement of this 2012 SU lacrosse team til season is over?

SUlax4ever

Walk On
Let's say this team turns it around, wins the Big East??? It will be pretty hard to take back some of the serious harsh judgements you all have had on them. Talk about kicking kids when they are down. Not to mention this team needs to know it's fans are behind them not underminding their efforts??? I read these articles & blogs and it embarrasses me as a Syracuse fan this is when freedom of speech & the press sucks...my mother once said if you have nothing nice to say..don't say it at all! Even though I can't be there I am behinde this Orange team 100% I will be cheering from my computer for them to take down those Wildcats!!!! HHH..:cool:

Let's say this team turns it around, wins the Big East??? It will be pretty hard to take back some of the serious harsh judgements you all have had on them. Talk about kicking kids when they are down. Not to mention this team needs to know it's fans are behind them not underminding their efforts??? I read these articles & blogs and it embarrasses me as a Syracuse fan this is when freedom of speech & the press sucks...my mother once said if you have nothing nice to say..don't say it at all! Even though I can't be there I am behinde this Orange team 100% I will be cheering from my computer for them to take down those Wildcats!!!! HHH..:cool:

Sorry but no it wont make up for the issues and record in the regular season. This team has serious issues and while I expect them to win tonight and versus ND a good team in the tourney would blast them.

dude, I was with you up until these last few games... All of us want to see the Cuse go on a run, but its not looking good. Where, besides Rutgers have we shown a full games worth of smart, athletic, and spirited play. This team ain't got it!

It's game 15. If the lightbulb hasn't gone on by now ... it's probably not going to happen. Oh Lord

'Cuse wins the BE and joy is in Syracuse...but lets not forget that there was a time...a time not too long ago when none of the BE schools could hold a stick to 'Cuse.
We all support and want our team to do well...but heck; this has been a tough season so far...but you are right...'CUSE wins the First BE Championship and the LAST 'CUSE will ever play...so yes, it is a very good WIN and Championship.

We all support and want our team to do well...but heck; this has been a tough season so far...but you are right...'CUSE wins the First BE Championship and the LAST 'CUSE will ever play...so yes, it is a very good WIN and Championship.

We get to win another BE Championship next season.

What...thought we are out for '13-'14...that is next season...BE isnt keeping 'Cuse another year...I need another JackD

Our contract with the BE ends June 30, 2013. We have one more full season of BE play.

BE Football in 2012.
BE Basketball in 2012-13.
BE LAX in 2013.

Our contract with the BE ends June 30, 2013. We have one more full season of BE play.

BE Football in 2012.
BE Basketball in 2012-13.
BE LAX in 2013.
But, we announced we were leaving in September 2011. Wouldn't the 27 month stipulation mean Nov/Dec 2013? Did we negotiate an earlier exit and I miss it?

What...thought we are out for '13-'14...that is next season...BE isnt keeping 'Cuse another year...I need another JackD

Next season is the 12-13 season. Too many JackD's already methinks.

But, we announced we were leaving in September 2011. Wouldn't the 27 month stipulation mean Nov/Dec 2013? Did we negotiate an earlier exit and I miss it?
You don't switch conferences mid-academic year.

You don't switch conferences mid-academic year.
I understand that, but if so, and Marrionetti is so determined to hold us to 27 months, wouldn't that translate to June 2014? June 2013 means we are getting out in 24 months, not 27. Do the bylaws stipulate rounding down to match up with academic calendars?

Conference fiscal years run from July 1 to June 30. When you give notice that you intend to leave the conference, you still have to finish out the remainder of the "year". Legally, we are still obligated to the BE until June 30, 2014 (the next available move date after our 27 month notice).

However, all the BE replacement teams are joining in time for the 2013-14 season, and there's no reason for the BE to keep us that long (unless they want to run a 14 team FB conference and a 20 team BB conference for one season).

While nothing is "official", I'm 98% certain that SU and Pitt will reach an agreement with the BE to let us go in June 2013, and we will become official ACC members on July 1, 2013.

WV bought their way out 2 seasons early for $20 million. A price to leave 1 year early will be negotiated.