Wow best game I have watched | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow best game I have watched

Here's the explanation: if Maryland beats Notre Dame, then Maryland is 1, Duke 2, Syracuse 3, and ND 4. We play Duke in the 2 vs. 3 game. If Notre Dame beats Duke, then Duke 1, Maryland 2, ND 3, and SU 4. We play Duke in the 1 vs. 4 game. Either way, we play Duke.

That's just strange. They determine the tourney based on head to head and record and then ignore it for the tourney.

Maryland can win the #1 overall seed if they beat Notre Dame next week ... which would drop ND down to #4.

Or

Notre Dame can win the #2 seed if they beat Maryland, with MD at #3.

Delmar said:
Here's the explanation: if Maryland beats Notre Dame, then Maryland is 1, Duke 2, Syracuse 3, and ND 4. We play Duke in the 2 vs. 3 game. If Notre Dame beats Duke, then Duke 1, Maryland 2, ND 3, and SU 4. We play Duke in the 1 vs. 4 game. Either way, we play Duke.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Duke is the best team in the ACC, by a bunch, but I get it.

OrangeXtreme said:
Maryland can win the #1 overall seed if they beat Notre Dame next week ... which would drop ND down to #4. Or Notre Dame can win the #2 seed if they beat Maryland, with MD at #3.

A lot of possibilities for 4 teams.

Long story short ... we're playing Duke either at 5 PM or 7:30 PM. :cool:

From the laxpower thread:

Maryland wins:
#1 MD vs #4 UND
#2 Duke vs #3 SU

Notre Dame Wins:
#1 Duke vs #4 SU
#2 UND vs #3 MD

Awesome Game. Team looks to be peaking at just the right time. Love Syracuse Lacrosse!!

I had an all-evening dinner event last night so didn't get to watch the game until this morning. Wow!
They looked so much better than they did against St. John's.

They just need to reduce the number of turnovers. If they do that and Daddio can win 40% of the FO against Duke then SU will have a real chance to reach the ACC tournament final.

In a long time! We are back folks!
It likely was one of the best regular season games I've seen.

The (fairly) recent 2008 UVA semifinal and the 2009 final against Cornell clearly stand out (above this one). Unfortunately, I missed the granddaddy of them all... the 1983 national championship game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom