wow, blow out city | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

wow, blow out city

At this point, I'm pretty sure the next great, even good, SU FO guy isn't on this team.

At this point, I'm pretty sure the next great, even good, SU FO guy isn't on this team.

2 more guys coming in next year including that kid form Florida. Would like to see what Demarco has and Paduda but im assuming hes still hurt.

7 procedure faceoff penalties for Syracuse, Maryland 18-26 at the X.

Given our face-off deficiencies, once we get behind game is pretty much over.

This isn't shaping up as a good week for SU sports.

We were outscored 10-2 in 2nd quarter!

Yup as soon as the faceoffs went South so did everything else. D fell apart and Offense stopped trying, we didnt score for nearly 20 minutes. Desko better get something going quick because with this schedule things could snowball quickly.

JeremyCuse said:
Yup as soon as the faceoffs went South so did everything else. D fell apart and Offense stopped trying, we didnt score for nearly 20 minutes. Desko better get something going quick because with this schedule things could snowball quickly.

They better not lose the next two because they could be 2-5 before they know it.

cuseguy said:
They better not lose the next two because they could be 2-5 before they know it.
Virginia game is essential a 0-2 start in acc and we'd be handing over the regular season title.

Worse defeat since 2007.

Open face-off tryout this week (I hope). You can't continue playing the same guys.

wvlax said:
Worse defeat since 2007. Open face-off tryout this week (I hope). You can't continue playing the same guys.

It's been an open position since the end of last season. There just isn't any quality there. We're going to have to recruit a stud there if we hope to be a real contender again for. NC. If we played Duke again in the NC this year - and I don't see this team going that far - it would end in the same result as last year. It's a shame because this team has a lot of talent. Just not at the X.

Thats the problem with this schedule and what I have been screaming about since it came out. What happened to UVA last year could easily happen to us if we dont get the X situation and the D straightened out. Even the St. Johns game is no gimme.

Thats the problem with this schedule and what I have been screaming about since it came out. What happened to UVA last year could easily happen to us if we dont get the X situation and the D straightened out. Even the St. Johns game is no gimme.
Glad you you brought up the defense. Not a great performance today. At least last year (with the exception of the Duke game) if the face-offs went south our D could bail us out.

JeremyCuse said:

The D may improve, but what you see at the X is probably what we're going to get. Hopefully they can get someone in here next year so we don't waste the career of Staats, Galasso and others. It would be a shame.

It's been an open position since the end of last season. There just isn't any quality there. We're going to have to recruit a stud there if we hope to be a real contender again for. NC. If we played Duke again in the NC this year - and I don't see this team going that far - it would end in the same result as last year. It's a shame because this team has a lot of talent. Just not at the X.

BINGO.

Paduda still hurt, and it looks like Iacono pulled up lame after a scrum.

Another analogy.

We're a pretty girl with no teeth.

The D may improve, but what you see at the X is probably what we're going to get. Hopefully they can get someone in here next year so we don't waste the career of Staats, Galasso and others. It would be a shame.

I have a Glimmer of hope for Demarco and Paduda, also not sure why Iacono only got a handful of draw after Daddio took at least a dozen +. He won a couple then we never saw him again. Hope Paduda gets healthy would like to see him take some live.

I have a Glimmer of hope for Demarco and Paduda, also not sure why Iacono only got a handful of draw after Daddio took at least a dozen +. He won a couple then we never saw him again. Hope Paduda gets healthy would like to see him take some live.
I thought Wentworth looked better than Daddio.

Glad you you brought up the defense. Not a great performance today. At least last year (with the exception of the Duke game) if the face-offs went south our D could bail us out.

As bad as the X was (and it was horrific) the D did no favors. Harris and Mullins couldnt scoop wide open ground balls, Messina and Grimm couldnt cover me in a hover round scooter and Lamo looked lost. To many turnovers and sloppy plays again trying to clear, very dissapointed in the coaching staff in that regard.

Kyle Fetterly‏@lgrande0912 mins
Shots-55 to 32, Ground Balls-36 to 17, Face Offs-19 to 8 ALL in Marylands favor. Total dominance by the Terps. Scored 10 goals on 12 shots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom