Wow, is Matt Moyer dedicated to SU! | Syracusefan.com

Wow, is Matt Moyer dedicated to SU!

iommi

Living Legend
I can report that Matt is going to be hitting the road at 5am tomorrow morning to get to SU nice and early to greet what will hopefully be his future teammates. This is a huge weekend for our basketball team; nice to know we will have one of our best young recruiters on the hill to help seal the the deal.

Moyer is an absolute gem of a recruit. This kid loves our team and university. It will help immensely this weekend to have him up there. These kids (Thompson '16, Green '17, Diallo '17, Tucker '17) will feel much more comfortable with Moyer there.

Work your magic, Matt!

I can report that Matt is going to be hitting the road at 5am tomorrow morning to get to SU nice and early to greet what will hopefully be his future teammates. This is a huge weekend for our basketball team; nice to know we will have one of our best young recruiters on the hill to help seal the the deal.

Moyer is an absolute gem of a recruit. This kid loves our team and university. It will help immensely this weekend to have him up there. These kids (Thompson '16, Green '17, Diallo '17, Tucker '17) will feel much more comfortable with Moyer there.

Work your magic, Matt!

He has a large brain! The kid is awesome. He knows what he's doing.

What I respect most about Matt is his willingness and desire to help attract the best talent possible here, even if that means increased competition to him. Not many guys who aren't already locked into a starting role would do this. That's about the best representation of teamwork that you will find. Keep it up, Matt!

What I respect most about Matt is his willingness and desire to help attract the best talent possible here, even if that means increased competition to him. Not many guys who aren't already locked into a starting role would do this. That's about the best representation of teamwork that you will find. Keep it up, Matt!
I think it also says something about his confidence in his own game.

Great points by Nicknack and NYCorange. I can tell you that Matt very clearly values winning over everything when it comes to hoops. And yes, Matt certainly has a ton of confidence. He also knows we could be loaded next year but he will get some playing time if he earns it. Going up to SU for the early session will obviously help. He loves JB (and the whole staff) and desperately wants to help JB cut down the nets again before he bows out.

Last edited:
Great points by Nicknack and NYCorange. I can tell you that Matt very clearly values winning over everything when it comes to hoops. And yes, Matt certainly has a ton of confidence. He also knows we could be loaded next year but he will get some playing time if he earns it. Going up to SU for the early session will obviously help. He loves JB (and the whole staff) and desperately wants to help JB cut down the nets again before he bows out.
Yes, I think it's a big win with him there this weekend. I posted that in the prediction thread that Moyer is Fab Five vs Fab One.

Great thread. I think all is said and done, MM stays four years and like Lydon, becomes a huge chemistry and leadership guy, and he helps contribute to at least another FF or very close to that. Special person that fans will remember and praise his accomplishments. Year 1: give us fierce and dunk the ball, rebound and defend. His offensive game will progress each year.

Matt Moyer seems like the kind of kid that other kids are just drawn to. Like he makes things look cool and makes other kids want to try them even if they aren't traditional or current. Like how he plays the violin. I remember one of the most popular kids when I was in high school was really into Bob Dylan and like all sorts of other people would buy Dylan albums and listen to them and everything because everyone liked this kid and wanted to be friends with him. This is in 1997. I seem Moyer as that type of kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom