Wow-Just realized Dungey had 19 carries | Syracusefan.com

Wow-Just realized Dungey had 19 carries

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
And even with that, we still couldn't run the ball. The only runners on our team that I saw break a tackle were he and Elmore. Phillips looked good running the ball, too. The ironic part of our team is our running backs are probably our weakest runners.

This isn't too uncommon. Kelly Bryant is Clemsons best runner. Lamar Jackson is Louisvilles best runner.

Problem is, Dungey isn't a good runner. He's average, just like everything else he does. A lot of teams in CFB rely on their Quarterback to infuse their running game, but a lot of those teams have dynamic speed/athleticism at the QB position. We do not.

I pointed that out during the game, but most ignore bc they think its ish being ish; when, yes, it's a huge problem, a problem with Lewis AND Dino.

How many of those were scrambles where he was caught from behind for a 4 yard loss?

We had 49 carries. That is really odd. And I think not indicative of the system we run.

How many of those were scrambles where he was caught from behind for a 4 yard loss?

Sack -9
Sack -6
Run for 5
Sack -14
Run for 7
Run for 2
Run for 8
Run for 2
Run for 8
Run for 10
Run for 4
Run for 4
Run for no gain
Sack for -2
Run for 7
Run for no gain
Run for 4
Run for 3
Run for 6
Sack -5

If not for his running, we'd probably have lost by more.

Maybe 5. Plenty were called options, thus planned ED runs. Imagine that after all the kid has been through? Its comical. Its like lewis and DINO weren't there for his injuries.

Maybe 5. Plenty were called options, thus planned ED runs. Imagine that after all the kid has been through? Its comical. Its like lewis and DINO weren't there for his injuries.

I'm not sure how many of those were true sacks or him getting caught running behind the LOS on a called run. And Dino and Lewis weren't there for most of those injuries. I'm sure they watched them all and came to the same conclusion - called runs are better than when he bails on passing plays and gets pummeled.

18 and a pitch might have resulted in a different outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom