Class of 2018 - WR Amad Anderson (NY) Decommits from Rutgers/Verbal to Purdue | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Amad Anderson (NY) Decommits from Rutgers/Verbal to Purdue

Maybe it's just me but all this recruiting action with UMD makes me wonder what Eric White might be whispering into kids ears about SU.
Is Eric White and ex assistant coach at SU?

Eric was just about every recruit's personal liaison while here... I imagine his influence was significant, when here... At UMD? I don't know.

There' a little buzz going on about the UMD program. They went to a bowl game this past season. They have great recruiters on their staff including the HC. White doesn't need to say anything negative about us to get commits. Im not sure how hard Dino is going after those NYC kids. Amad and Cruishank can be great players in our scheme but where are they on SU's board?

There' a little buzz going on about the UMD program. They went to a bowl game this past season. They have great recruiters on their staff including the HC. White doesn't need to say anything negative about us to get commits. Im not sure how hard Dino is going after those NYC kids. Amad and Cruishank can be great players in our scheme but where are they on SU's board?
+ the Under Armour buzz. UMD as an athletic program is under water but UA gives enough to gloss over a lot of issues

Terps scheduled smart, got to a bowl as a pretty crappy team. Wish we thought that way!

Money your an amazing poster, but White is def part of the equation when it comes head to head

Maryland has a lot of buzz going on around it with new facilities coming, their head coach and staff can recruit, and their marketing team does an outstanding job. I've purchased tickets once (last time we played football at UM) and I still get emails about various sporting events and special offers. We get more and better emails from UM marketing then we do Syracuse and we are season ticket holders for football.
Under Armor is a huge player in this area and I see more and more UM shirts all over this area (used to be everything Nike and UNC). UA/Maryland has just about matched the about of Penn St I see and to go up against a cult like that you are doing something right.
Does Mr. White play a role in recruiting, yes. Is he the reason kids are picking UM over Cuse hell no. This pains me to type this out, but Maryland is a better football destination at this moment then we are, it really is as simple as that.

White has nothing to do with head to head or recruiting against us. Maryland is a regional school and we've gone up against them for forever. From Albany to Tidewater.

Recent history no because since Chris white was fired we stopped recruiting the SEpa/md/northern va/DC area.

Babers has re-emphasized the area in his hiring of Reno Ferri. It's really not much more than that.

Money your an amazing poster, but White is def part of the equation when it comes head to head
When did I say he wasnt part of the equation? Im confused. I said he doesn't need to negative recruit. They have a team of recruiters that will wipe us off the board. Check their bio's if you don't believe me. Eric is their player personnel guy. He's not their muscle. We cant steal DMV guys until we consistently win 7 or 8 games a year. We don't need them getting good. Penn st can almost get any kid in the Tri state. We can't afford to have Maryland snagging kids from us too.

Maryland has a lot of buzz going on around it with new facilities coming, their head coach and staff can recruit, and their marketing team does an outstanding job. I've purchased tickets once (last time we played football at UM) and I still get emails about various sporting events and special offers. We get more and better emails from UM marketing then we do Syracuse and we are season ticket holders for football.
Under Armor is a huge player in this area and I see more and more UM shirts all over this area (used to be everything Nike and UNC). UA/Maryland has just about matched the about of Penn St I see and to go up against a cult like that you are doing something right.
Does Mr. White play a role in recruiting, yes. Is he the reason kids are picking UM over Cuse hell no. This pains me to type this out, but Maryland is a better football destination at this moment then we are, it really is as simple as that.
Exactly. I love Eric, dealt with him on a personal level but he has the smallest Bio on the UMD staff. He's a behind the scenes guy. He never played the game. Recruits fall in love with their positions coach. He's not one. With that said, I think he is a bright young man. I can see him as a players personnel/operations guy in the NFL one day.

It sounds like only WINS can trump that.

yup. Im all for softening our schedule until we consistently win although a win against a team like LSU in death valley can be program changing.

theres_a_chance.jpg

yup. Im all for softening our schedule until we consistently win although a win against a team like LSU in death valley can be program changing.
Maryland got lucky last year that Michigan St was so bad, or they might not have gone to a bowl. Most years they and Rutgers will start the season 0-4, with losses to Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, and Michigan St, then get a crossover of Nebraska, or Wisconsin, and you start 0-5.

Agree they have a buzz. They would've been a great keep for the ACC with lax, soccer, hoops, and women's sports. They would have natural rivalries with so many schools including us. Think of them and WVU in expansion and that could be a lot of fun. That said, UA is a big chunk of their buzz. UA is paying a big chunk of their proposed new facilities too, but let's not overplay the facilities. They have nothing more than renderings. We had IPF renderings too. We have Dome renders as well. It's a detriment to us but an advantage to them?

Agree they have a buzz. They would've been a great keep for the ACC with lax, soccer, hoops, and women's sports. They would have natural rivalries with so many schools including us. Think of them and WVU in expansion and that could be a lot of fun. That said, UA is a big chunk of their buzz. UA is paying a big chunk of their proposed new facilities too, but let's not overplay the facilities. They have nothing more than renderings. We had IPF renderings too. We have Dome renders as well. It's a detriment to us but an advantage to them?
Yes but they do have UA to help pay for those renderings to become facilities. I think it could be pointed out that SU has no "Sugar Daddy".

Yes but they do have UA to help pay for those renderings to become facilities. I think it could be pointed out that SU has no "Sugar Daddy".
That is true and correct, but as a state school they have other political and regulatory hoops to jump through which in large part have stalled their facilities renovations

Fellas its not about what they have. Its what their selling. They are doing a better job at it and the school rest in talented recruiting grounds. The amount of 4 stars they got in 2017 is very telling.

Last edited:
Fellas its not about what they have. Its what their selling. The are doing a better job at it and the school rest in talented recruiting grounds. The amount of 4 stars they got in 2017 is very telling.
Imagine how easy it would be to sell a Mercedes if your prospective client was also looking at a Toyota, but they cost the same. What I'm getting at is, Maryland has more "bells and whistles" than Syracuse. Of course it's easier to sell.

Imagine how easy it would be to sell a Mercedes if your prospective client was also looking at a Toyota, but they cost the same. What I'm getting at is, Maryland has more "bells and whistles" than Syracuse. Of course it's easier to sell.
They have better salesmen. That's my point.

Last edited:
Fellas its not about what they have. Its what their selling. They are doing a better job at it and the school rest in talented recruiting grounds. The amount of 4 stars they got in 2017 is very telling.
We agree here. That's why I was saying it's not about facilities upgrades that haven't happened yet. I haven't heard any pitches myself, but how can they be that different?