Class of 2022 - WR Caleb Burton III (TX) Portal from Ohio St (Legacy) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 WR Caleb Burton III (TX) Portal from Ohio St (Legacy)

According to this website, Caleb is an 8th grader competing in Track&Field. His main events are shop put and high jump, with some relay team running on the side.

I don't think he was anywhere on the Buckeyes depth chart but was just a true Feshman this past year and was behind a plethora of ridiculously talented receivers at OSU. Had a knee injury his junior year of high school. This kid is a Syracuse legacy and was the #132 ranked player in the 2022 class according to 247. Certainly worth us looking into this situation.

No excuse if coaches don't try to convince this kid to come play for his old man's alma mater. Seems like a perfect slot receiver. I did not see anything from Pena to suggest he is ready to be a dynamic playmaker from the Slot; not to mention his injury risks from returning kicks.

No excuse if coaches don't try to convince this kid to come play for his old man's alma mater. Seems like a perfect slot receiver. I did not see anything from Pena to suggest he is ready to be a dynamic playmaker from the Slot; not to mention his injury risks from returning kicks.
NO EXCUSES!!!!! You guys are crazy with this stuff

NO EXCUSES!!!!! You guys are crazy with this stuff
Yes, no excuse to not reach out to the kid. Maybe we get him, maybe we don't. But, no excuse not to at least contact a legacy, at a position of need.

Yes, no excuse to not reach out to the kid. Maybe we get him, maybe we don't. But, no excuse not to at least contact a legacy, at a position of need.
Hypothetically, what if there were academic issues or discipline issues or chronic injury issues that the coaches know about but we don’t?

Hypothetically, what if there were academic issues or discipline issues or chronic injury issues that the coaches know about but we don’t?
C'mon man. Hypothetically, what if a meteor strikes the Earth tomorrow. If, let's say; Baylor, Kansas, and West Virginia start reaching out to him, but no mention of us. How would you feel? Especially after the Spring game, and last season, I have no confidence in Pena making the jump.