Class of 2017 - WR Cameron Jordan (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Cameron Jordan (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Are we now full up at the Inn for WR's in 2017?

If so, then that's too bad for Devito's buddy.
Snooze ya lose.

Everything about Dino's O is fast - including committing to it. :cool:

Never pass on WR talent especially in Dino's system because it requires more WRs than most...at BG when HCDB was there he had about 5-6 more scholie WRs than us if I remember correctly.

Welcome aboard Mr. Jordan!

As a rule I never trust a man with two first names, but we'll see how this shakes out.

I say keep the WR commits coming. We're going to need a lot, and some of them can end up in the secondary.

I think every other kid on my freshman dorm floor went to that high school.

Also love the fact that Babers and Company are way ahead of those dreadful recruiting services. This kids numbers and size are ahead of the charts. The kid is so much stronger than the comp. and catches a lot of tough passes even it is a highlight reel film.

Not surprised that the early flow of talent in this recruiting class is a QB (am surprised how good a QB we got) and wideouts because that is what this staff can sell with relative ease (combination of their enthusiasm for the offense and prior results). Great crop of receivers, all of whom will be counted on to make an impact early.

Am hoping the staff is good at identifying the best players available to them at the less glamorous positions, to start building the depth we'll need to play at the pace were going to see come fall. #OrangeisthenewFast

Very excited about Cameron. Seems like he has a really good head on his shoulders from reading the article on his commitment.

Are we now full up at the Inn for WR's in 2017?

If so, then that's too bad for Devito's buddy.
Snooze ya lose.

Everything about Dino's O is fast - including committing to it. :cool:
My guess is that the limited slots left played a role in Jordan's decision.

Another big WR with speed. Another physical guy who looks really good at getting 50-50 balls. Top WR from Long Island. Good to see us hitting that area again. LI produces a lot of good players.

Wide Receiver Numbers; (does not include walk-ons)

SR Alvin Cornelius
SR Brisly Estime
SR Maryland Transfer

JR Sean Avant
JR Erv Phillips
JR Steve Ishmael
JR Jamal Custis

SO Adly Enoicy
SO Tyrone Perkins
SO Kenterius Womack

TFR Sean Riley
ATH Carl Jones (?)

If I recall correctly both Bowling Green and Baylor carry 15 or 16 Wide Receivers. If 15 is the bench mark then the roster is a little out of whack and we're graduating 7 over then next two seasons. I can see us taking 6 (or even 7) WR’s this year depending on the quality. That would give us 13/14 next year; and prepared to replace those juniors.

SR Alvin Cornelius
SR Brisly Estime
SR Maryland Transfer

JR Sean Avant
JR Erv Phillips
JR Steve Ishmael
JR Jamal Custis

SO Adly Enoicy
SO Tyrone Perkins
SO Kenterius Womack

TFR Sean Riley
ATH Carl Jones (?)

If I recall correctly both Bowling Green and Baylor carry 15 or 16 Wide Receivers. If 15 is the bench mark then the roster is a little out of whack and we're graduating 7 over then next two seasons. I can see us taking 6 (or even 7) WR’s this year depending on the quality. That would give us 13/14 next year; and prepared to replace those juniors.
I think Jones will be a corner, but Butler should line up at wideout. You're spot on about the numbers though. I'd expect at least one more WR/ATH in this class.

SR Alvin Cornelius
SR Brisly Estime
SR Maryland Transfer

JR Sean Avant
JR Erv Phillips
JR Steve Ishmael
JR Jamal Custis

SO Adly Enoicy
SO Tyrone Perkins
SO Kenterius Womack

TFR Sean Riley
ATH Carl Jones (?)

Add Butler and Foster to last year's class. Have to wonder about roster turnover too.

I think Jones will be a corner, but Butler should line up at wideout. You're spot on about the numbers though. I'd expect at least one more WR/ATH in this class.

yes i forgot Butler so we'll swap him and Jones. I looked at the roster a little further.

OL – 12 total

-3 seniors

-4 incoming freshman

-1 committed

NUMBERS GOOD – can see 1 more taken this cycle

QB – 4 total (counting Mahoney)

-0 seniors

-2 juniors

-1 committed

NUMBERS GOOD

RB – 4 total

-1 senior

-1 incoming freshman (fullback type)

-1 committed

NUMBERS GOOD could see 1 more this cycle and think Stritzinger ultimately ends up a DB

TE – 5 total

-3 seniors

-2 juniors who’ve never hit the field

-0 incoming

-0 committed

NUMBERS BAD – could see 2 taken this cycle (offensive shift requires more versatility here though to play power or split out)

WR – 10 total

-2 seniors

-3 juniors

-2 incoming

-4 committed

NUMBERS FAIR – can still see 2 more this cycle

Add Butler and Foster to last year's class. Have to wonder about roster turnover too.

Evan Foster? I think he's defensive back.

I see some roster turnover for sure.

Really hope Kenterius Womack can find some opportunities this season. So much talent.

I want to see 4 DL this class at a minimum

Very happy picking up Killa Cam. a NY kid, tall fast WR that has some mitts on him. I still want Eddie Lewis out of NJ. Only played 4 games his jr year. Might be under valued. Has a great relationship with Devito, and the kid can play either slot or outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom