Class of 2017 - WR Cameron Jordan (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Cameron Jordan (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I just got around to watching Cam's highlights from his senior year.
Couple of things:

Cam's got potential to be a really good outside receiver for us in the future. He has great speed, and I don't know what other posters saw, but I did not see him get tracked down from behind in his senior highlights. I think his hands are plus and I love the way we highpoints the ball.

The one thing he will need to work on to be a big factor at the next level is his route running. As you can see on the tape, he really rounds all of his route off. He rarely plants his foot in the ground and accelerates into his route. To be an effective receiver, especially on the outside, route running is key. He doesn't run with a lot of knee bend right now. I would love to see him run routes lower and use his hips more.

Give him a a year in the strength and conditioning program with some advanced WR work, he could develop to be 6'4 200lb stud.
I agree with JB. Cam's film is really impressive. His acceleration would be great in a 5'11 body. Great natural athlete. The kind of player that will give headaches to teams like Clemson and FSU, who love to play our WRs in man coverage all game long.

He remains me of Rob Moore so much. Love everything about him except maybe he could be a little more physical with 50-50 balls.

Newsday's 2016 All Long Island team is out. Cam didn't even make their second team. With apologies to Jack Coan, he is easily the best player out of Long Island this year.

Crazy.

He has straight line speed. When he's able to turn it on, he flys. He wont get caught from behind. His issue is getting in and out of his breaks. It takes him a long time to gain top speed. He doesnt look explosive after he makes a intermediate catch. SoI dont see him going under coverages on intermediate routes. I see him making catches down the sidelines on fades and posts. I think the staff sees a fit in their offense because of that. He also does a good job high pointing that ball and taking it away from defenders. He does a good job on 50/50 balls. Our scheme relies on the outside WR's doing that. Hey Finwad32 Coach Rotchford is sitting with me as we speak.
Rotch is my man! Great dude! Hope your guys' meeting went well, and hope you're doing well money3189 !

so he made 2nd team all state but not all LI?
Newsday's All-Long Island football second team

Cam Jordan, Half Hollow Hills West, WR, Sr.
Cam Jordan, Half Hollow Hills West, WR, Sr. "
image.jpg

(Credit: Kathleen Malone-Van Dyke)
He led Long Island in receiving yards with 943. He also scored 18 touchdowns.

I believe the two that beat him out were juniors Ruckert and Amad Anderson and SU offered both of them.

"When I saw that the receivers were making big plays — they threw the ball deep, over the middle, just passing the ball all over, I was like, 'This is where I want to be,' "

Should be in our recruitment videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom