Class of 2016 - WR/CB DeVaughn Cooper (CA) In the transfer portal...again. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/CB DeVaughn Cooper (CA) In the transfer portal...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we have any shot at this point. Probably 1%. Was surprised he tweeted that we were included in that final 3 the other day...

1% is where I put it at. Pretty much just added us to make the table look more full and the decision more interesting. Kid isn't coming here. Not a chance.

That's Twitter.

See this guy is the definition of creep. Has at least 5 different accounts that I can tell of that constantly tweets at recruits. He befriends recruits, stalks them out in the recruit section during Spring game, home game visits, DM's, and basically anything else to try and make himself part of the kids life. I mean I appreciate the passion, and like that he's that into Cuse Football, but once you cross a certain line it's just plain creepy. The other thing is kids pay attention. They see the love he sends out, and they go out of their way to contact them. Especially kids who we probably won't even accept. Then they go and give out info about their recruitment, and things go from there.

anomander said:
See this guy is the definition of creep. Has at least 5 different accounts that I can tell of that constantly tweets at recruits. He befriends recruits, stalks them out in the recruit section during Spring game, home game visits, DM's, and basically anything else to try and make himself part of the kids life. I mean I appreciate the passion, and like that he's that into Cuse Football, but once you cross a certain line it's just plain creepy. The other thing is kids pay attention. They see the love he sends out, and they go out of their way to contact them. Especially kids who we probably won't even accept. Then they go and give out info about their recruitment, and things go from there.

Yeah - that's a few steps too far. Agreed on that being creepy.

Sounds pretty much like all the homer site writers at scwt and rvls. And they get paid to do it

So Riley faxed his in. Does that close the book on Cooper? Given that Babers is having a press conference at 4pm, before Cooper's announcement, I think we're done.

So Riley faxed his in. Does that close the book on Cooper? Given that Babers is having a press conference at 4pm, before Cooper's announcement, I think we're done.
the book was closed a few days ago.

I dont even have a facebook page
I chat with a couple of college kids on Facebook, but they're both my kids. They live on social media and I have a much higher response rate if I message them there. Every generation has its own tools, but chatting with recruits has always been discouraged or so I thought.

I'm 25 and essentially addicted to twitter.

I just don't tweet at 17 year olds telling them that I know which school is the best choice for them because I want my team to win. Let the kids make their decisions and go play where they want to go play. A kid not choosing SU is going to have literally no effect on my life.

Yet fans tweeting at recruits obviously has an effect on your life based upon the amount of time and energy you spend denouncing it in various threads.

Factually speaking, the recruits have given positive reviews of the fans in multiple interviews and the new coaching staff has been specifically referencing and thanking these same people #CuseTwitterArmy (I am not one of them) in social media posts. Haven't seen any reported negativity this cycle besides the opinions of posters on this forum.

So I guess I'll trust the coaching staff on this one.

Santa Monica College?

I think it is. He's from Harbor City and Santa Monica is pretty close to there. Which is odd that hat's on the table now.

tep624 said:
I think it is. He's from Harbor City and Santa Monica is pretty close to there. Which is odd that hat's on the table now.
when he announcing

That's it. The Ottoman empire's gotta declare war on Tempe and Tucson.

SMC was the surrogate hat for SU evidently. If you squint it sort of looks like SU. Plus the grey uniforms.
When the kid doesn't even have your hat you can pretty much discount him picking you. Imagine he picked up the Santa Monica College hat and said "I'm taking my talents to the University of Syracuse"?

When the kid doesn't even have your hat you can pretty much discount him picking you. Imagine he picked up the Santa Monica College hat and said "I'm taking my talents to the University of Syracuse"?
Is that legal?

Well that one was called. But I do feel all is good with him and SU, it may just be too far for him and hopefully we are in the front door good with the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.