Class of 2016 - WR/CB Korey Banks Jr (GA) to South Carolina | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/CB Korey Banks Jr (GA) to South Carolina

Offers from Cinci, Colorado State, Georgia Southern, Miami (OH), Michigan, Samford, Western Michigan, Wisconsin, Syracuse

This is definitely the most impressive WR tape I've seen in a bit.

Reminds me a little of Allen Robinson from Penn State. I would take this kid in a heartbeat.

What year is he? Need to update the category methinks.
Oh, yeah. 2016. I didn't even think about the category when I started the thread.

Holy cow. Are we really getting to the point where people right around my age are having their kids pop up as big time recruits?

Korey Banks Jr ‏@__KB7 2h2 hours ago
Syracuse just offered #blessed #Orangemen

Christopher Fredrick ‏@BCG_1 2h2 hours ago
@__KB7: Syracuse just offered #blessed #OrangeMen ” lets goooooo !

Korey Banks Jr ‏@__KB7 2h2 hours ago

@BCG_1
1f60e.png
1f608.png

Holy cow. Are we really getting to the point where people right around my age are having their kids pop up as big time recruits?

I don't know how old you are but that same sentiment hit me when I saw Tebucky Jones, Jr was being a recruited and wound up at UCONN first and then Fordham. Regardless, I remember having lunch in the Schine at the next table many times next to Tebucky and guys like Phil Nash and Donovan Darius and McNabb, etc, etc. Tebucky used to bicycle up the hill from the bottom of East Adams street and wave as i'd be hanging out on the porch at the top of that hill in one of those apt complexes.

During high school i competed against Amos Zereoue who wound up at West Virginia and then in the NFL for a few years. Our basketball team nicknamed Amos "pineapples" because his quads were popping out of those old school early 80s hoops uniforms that were still being used in the mid 90s. He was a 5 foot 6 power forward who boxed me out to half court. I had never seen a lower body like that until a few years later when witnessing Tebucky climbing that hill on E. Adams. I'm looking forward to getting back that kind of recruit. Say what you will about Coach P underachieving with a ton of talent (that's my take), he was able to get those kids to come here (granted before we severely fell behind in the "arms/facilities" race.) Several NFL players who made impacts in the league played for his teams and yet SU always seemingly lost a few games they shouldn't have and never had a chance in the Orange or Fiesta Bowls despite having like-talent. A friend on the equipment staff let me know then that Spurrier took it easy on Coach P beacuse they were golfing buddies and that game could have and should have been even more lopsided.

Based on formations on Offense and game flow, I used to call out what was coming with a 70 percent accuracy and I was just a kid coming off of playing HS ball.

Apologies in advance for the OT tangent..

Had Marrone coached with the level of talent brought in with Coach P, that'd be my hindsight 20-20 wish for the last 12-15 years.

But onward and upward. Looking forward to Dino so far am quite encouraged.

I don't know how old you are but that same sentiment hit me when I saw Tebucky Jones, Jr was being a recruited and wound up at UCONN first and then Fordham. Regardless, I remember having lunch in the Schine at the next table many times next to Tebucky and guys like Phil Nash and Donovan Darius and McNabb, etc, etc. Tebucky used to bicycle up the hill from the bottom of East Adams street and wave as i'd be hanging out on the porch at the top of that hill in one of those apt complexes.

During high school i competed against Amos Zereoue who wound up at West Virginia and then in the NFL for a few years. Our basketball team nicknamed Amos "pineapples" because his quads were popping out of those old school early 80s hoops uniforms that were still being used in the mid 90s. He was a 5 foot 6 power forward who boxed me out to half court. I had never seen a lower body like that until a few years later when witnessing Tebucky climbing that hill on E. Adams. I'm looking forward to getting back that kind of recruit. Say what you will about Coach P underachieving with a ton of talent (that's my take), he was able to get those kids to come here (granted before we severely fell behind in the "arms/facilities" race.) Several NFL players who made impacts in the league played for his teams and yet SU always seemingly lost a few games they shouldn't have and never had a chance in the Orange or Fiesta Bowls despite having like-talent. A friend on the equipment staff let me know then that Spurrier took it easy on Coach P beacuse they were golfing buddies and that game could have and should have been even more lopsided.

Based on formations on Offense and game flow, I used to call out what was coming with a 70 percent accuracy and I was just a kid coming off of playing HS ball.

Apologies in advance for the OT tangent..

Had Marrone coached with the level of talent brought in with Coach P, that'd be my hindsight 20-20 wish for the last 12-15 years.

But onward and upward. Looking forward to Dino so far am quite encouraged.

I believe I either read a story or saw it on here so I won't take credit that Spurrier went crazy the game before SU on the sidelines. Apparently bad enough UF Alum told him he needed to tone it down on the sidelines. Well, SU was the next game. That week of practice he was basically Gandhi. Apparently after the kickoff return he was ready to go Mt. St. Helens but just sat there and didn't yell the entire game. He basically said after that game he would never take advice from Alumni again.