Class of 2017 - WR Clevan Thomas Jr. (FL) Verbal to Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Clevan Thomas Jr. (FL) Verbal to Kentucky

Free Article
https://kentucky.n./news/seminole-legacy-thomas-offered-by-kentucky
Seminole legacy Thomas offered by Kentucky
Justin Rowland | Publisher
Eddie Gran probably isn't getting much rest these days. Kentucky's new offensive coordinator has been working overtime to blaze a trail through Florida, extending offers and increasing the program's visibility in the talent-rich southern part of the state.

One of the players recently offered by Gran is a receiver that's probably bound for the slot.

tcafxkwrjshcavkxssxe

Thomas led Flanagan with eight touchdowns in 2015

Clevan Thomas announced his offer from Kentucky via his personal Twitter account on Tuesday. He was one of probably a dozen players from the South offered by the Wildcats.

Cats Illustrated made sure he wasn't lost in the shuffle. When we reached out to the 5-foot-10, 185-pound receiver from Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Flanagan he made it clear he was grateful for Kentucky's offer, stating that he's ready to look into the program.

"Actually I found out about the offer on Twitter," Thomas said. "I haven't talked to (Kentucky's) coach about it. Based on what I heard in the past I didn't even know that Kentucky was interested in me. It came as a surprise to me.

"I really don't know anything about Kentucky. I never knew they were interested. I'm looking forward to talking to their coach about it," he said.

Although Thomas hasn't spoken to the Kentucky coaches yet it's very likely that the Wildcats are recruiting him as a wide receiver. Iowa State is the one school that has floated the possibility of moving Thomas to the defensive backfield, if that's a move he would be interested in, but every other program that has offered likes him exclusively for offense.

Last year Thomas had eight touchdowns for Flanagan, and he was the team leader in that category.

Louisville, Michigan and Temple are the other schools that have offered besides the Wildcats and Cyclones.

Clevan Thomas is the son of a former Florida State player by the same name, who also hailed from the south Florida area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom