Class of 2014 - WR Corey Holmes Transferring from Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Corey Holmes Transferring from Notre Dame

anomander

Living Legend
Another highly rated WR will be at the Spring Game April 20th with his dad, a former Syracuse player. Is this any relation to the recent Mike Holmes? Nice to see us getting mentioned and even visits with schools such as Notre Dame, Michigan, Oklahoma. Also, he is an STA guy so we have a few things going for us.

as for the Spring game I also saw Corey Cooper, and Darius Kelly will be there. I'm sure plenty of others as well.

Another highly rated WR will be at the Spring Game April 20th with his dad, a former Syracuse player. Is this any relation to the recent Mike Holmes? Nice to see us getting mentioned and even visits with schools such as Notre Dame, Michigan, Oklahoma. Also, he is an STA guy so we have a few things going for us.

His dad was David Holmes (not sure if any relation to Mike):
Link

If memory serves ... Holmes had a couple of INT's against LSU in the 1989 Hall of Fame Bowl.

STA has ben MIA recently so its goo:p d to get back in there.

Should have included this...

What proud dad wouldn't want his son to follow in his footsteps?

AN UPDATE: Holmes started all 12 games at cornerback during the ’87 season and did a little bit of everything for the Orangemen with 55 tackles, six pass breakups, three interceptions, a fumble recovery, a forced fumble and a blocked field goal. Chosen by Miami in the fourth round of the 1989 NFL Draft, Holmes knocked around for a while with the Dolphins, the Detroit Lions and the CFL’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats before injuries derailed his career. After spending time with both the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration, he is the chief of police of North Lauderdale, Fla. Holmes, 46, lives in Pembroke Pines, Fla., with his wife (Carolyn) and their two children (Corey and Courtney).

AN UPDATE: Holmes started all 12 games at cornerback during the ’87 season and did a little bit of everything for the Orangemen with 55 tackles, six pass breakups, three interceptions, a fumble recovery, a forced fumble and a blocked field goal. Chosen by Miami in the fourth round of the 1989 NFL Draft, Holmes knocked around for a while with the Dolphins, the Detroit Lions and the CFL’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats before injuries derailed his career. After spending time with both the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration, he is the chief of police of North Lauderdale, Fla. Holmes, 46, lives in Pembroke Pines, Fla., with his wife (Carolyn) and their two children (Corey and Courtney).

not to mention i am sure he has relived the memories of his career countless times when Corey was growing up. Those were some very good teams he was on. He has probably heard first hand how Syracuse played for a national title so it won't seem too far fetched that such things are possible at Syracuse.

Man would I love to land this kid. Look at his offer list on S cout (assuming they are all legit offers):

Florida
Florida State
Miami
Oklahoma
Michigan
Notre Dame
West Virginia
Tennessee

...among several others. He'd be a great get.

Man would I love to land this kid. Look at his offer list on S cout (assuming they are all legit offers):

Florida
Florida State
Miami
Oklahoma
Michigan
Notre Dame
West Virginia
Tennessee

...among several others. He'd be a great get.

the kid is legit. i am willing to bet they are all real offers

his video shows great hands and focus; let's hope he wants to follow in Dad's footsteps and go Orange.

If I remember correctly, David could really lay a hit on.

Rocco?
Tough kid. Gonna be a great WR at the college level. Has the guts to catch the ball in traffic and take a hard hit and the speed to get YAC/serve as a deep threat.

Impressive, and I think he will be ready to contribute almost right away.

would be so great if the new regime could start landing some of the many legacy kids growing up now - too many whiffs the last few years on some great prospects with Orange roots

go get him coach McDonald!

We have a decent shot at him?

I mean we are fighting against the big dogs right here . We do have a few things going for us though. Between it being his dads a la mater and this being McDonalds prime recruiting grounds it should help . This would be a huge statement of GM's recruiting abilities . It won't be easy, but him coming to visit should mean he is definitely considering us.

I would also like to point out SU's recent success in signing WR's named Corey... Yet another factor we have going on for us with this guy!

I mean we are fighting against the big dogs right here . We do have a few things going for us though. Between it being his dads a la mater and this being McDonalds prime recruiting grounds it should help . This would be a huge statement of GM's recruiting abilities . It won't be easy, but him coming to visit should mean he is definitely considering us.
I can't help but wonder if he's just "considering" us the way Gronkowski did, as in, it's just to placate family and he doesn't intend to actually put us in his final couple schools.

I can't help but wonder if he's just "considering" us the way Gronkowski did, as in, it's just to placate family and he doesn't intend to actually put us in his final couple schools.

I'd guess if they are going to spend the money to trip from Florida to Syracuse it's not to placate anybody.

Ill also assume this is a grounded family and mom and dad will carry great influence on the decision. My guess is they are going to want the school that can give the best football / academic balance.