Class of 2016 - WR Darnell Salomon (FL) Verbal to USF | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Darnell Salomon (FL) Verbal to USF

tep624 said:
If the coaches think he is of good character in spite of this incident, then they will offer. If they don't, they won't. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Yep. We may be old guys with 1/10th the info, but you can bet the coaches are talking to janitors and lunch ladies. They'd get the full scoop.

If it was a one time occurrence and he legitimately apologized, I think he should take his penalty and given a break (just like any teenager). He has one whole school year to stay out of trouble and continue on the right path. If he is a problem child, he will screw up again before he graduates high school. Criminals do not hold themselves accountable when they get caught. Let's hope this kid just made a stupid mistake and has learned from it, regardless of which school he decides to attend.

Obviously I did not read the article before I first posted. What MCW and Terell Hunt got caught doing was stealing. It was dumb, they were caught and they both obviously learned their lesson. When some commits Breaking and Entering (it does not matter that it was unlocked) they are on the verge of becoming a criminal.

I was not there and don't know the whole story, just what was in the article that CL posted. I have dealt with many kids from all different types of backrounds that have made dumb mistakes. I have also gone to bat for a lot of them because some of the things they did were dumb mistakes. You can't help the ones that are continually making the same mistakes over and over. It will make you rack your brain in frustration. Save the sob story about judging others.

I truly hope this young man goes on to succeed wherever he goes. However if he didn't learn anything from this, he will screw up again.

I mentioned this in the recruiting thread, Salomon's recruiter moved over to Miami. I wonder if he would be open to other teams? Miami obviously won't be an option because of what happened at Georgia.

Always easy to be remorseful after you get caught ... remember the LB Cater...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom