Class of 2015 - WR/DB Brad Stewart (GA) Verbal to GT | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/DB Brad Stewart (GA) Verbal to GT

He knows how to go up and get the ball, that's for sure. Good looking prospect, I always wonder what these late names mean about the other prospects we're recruiting. The timing of this news and Clayton is a bit coincidental. I'm guessing Coach Reed would be the primary recruiter?

VaSaltine said:
He knows how to go up and get the ball, that's for sure. Good looking prospect, I always wonder what these late names mean about the other prospects we're recruiting. The timing of this news and Clayton is a bit coincidental. I'm guessing Coach Reed would be the primary recruiter?

Could be anything - just deferred a RB (Perkins) - maybe they want a WR. We could use one...

Army, Cinci, Marshall, and WKU have offered and GT has interest.

He also has a Princeton offer so he would be another bright student to add to the bunch.

If Western Kentucky and Marshall like him then so do I. Western was 2nd in the country in passing yards and 6th in scoring. We all know what Marshall and Cato did.

Seems that he has been followed by Shafer for awhile.

Kid impresses me. I like the way he turns his body on some of those catches. Seems to have good hands, concentration and seems to time his leaps perfectly.

I saw an article that says his HS team ran about 10 passing plays a game, and that he was double-covered on every play...probably two reasons he's not getting more interest, he also was an honorable mention all-state his junior year.

I saw an article that says his HS team ran about 10 passing plays a game, and that he was double-covered on every play...probably two reasons he's not getting more interest, he also was an honorable mention all-state his junior year.
Our coachs have shown a very good nose for under recruited guys thus far, if they like what they see here then I am not going to question them and this kid seems to fit that mold.

Army, Cinci, Marshall, and WKU have offered and GT has interest.

He also has a Princeton offer so he would be another bright student to add to the bunch.
When I see a recruit with an offer from a service academy, I think that they are smart and are a good citizen. I'll take that any day.

looks like a real good - go up and get the ball possession guy.

UGA Football Live‏@UGAfootballLive Jan 17
Paul Johnson has in-home visit on Monday with Brad Stewart, one of the state’s most overlooked prospects. Could haunt #UGA. We should offer.

GTSwarm‏@GTRecruiting 2h2 hours ago
Interesting move by Paul Johnson to offer Brad Stewart...what are your thoughts on the offer?

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/01/19/georgia-tech-makes-grayshirt-offer-to-brad-stewart/

"Johnson flew to Savannah on Monday for in-home visit with Stewart and his family. They talked for two hours, and Johnson explained that he couldn’t offer a scholarship right now because there wasn’t one available. So he presented an option, according to Stewart’s father.
2015 WR/DB Brad Stewart (AJC)
Johnson made Stewart a rare “grayshirt” offer, promising that Stewart would be put on football scholarship by next January. And if a spot opened up before then due to attrition, Stewart would then be added as a regular member of Georgia Tech’s 2015 football recruiting class."

I thought he had an offer from Army?

I never said he didn't ... I was merely responding to the comment that he had offers from a service academy. He is already off to a head start at his prep school was my point.

Looks like he is being recruited by Duke,Clemson, and GT for baseball, would imagaine he could work something there if one of those schools were willing to offer him for football. Kid is smart for sure too, cant imagine him not going to a solid school for academics either. I think not having a baseball team leaves Syracuse SOL.

If you read the the recruiting articles or follow the tweets by Michael Carvell in the Atlanta paper, he raves about this kid. Says he the most underrated player in GA this year. Outplayed 4 and 5 star kids in camps and games.

Guys from Savannah familiar with the kid think Georgia is making a mistake not offering. Would be a great pick up for Cuse.