Class of 2016 - WR/DB Evan Foster (MI) SIGNED LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/DB Evan Foster (MI) SIGNED LOI

Definitely like him best as a safety, seems to have excellent size and it is certainly a position of need.

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds
C/O 2016 Bowling Green decommit Evan Foster tweets that he's received an offer from Syracuse. He lists DB, LB and WR as positions in his bio

Foster's main recruiter at Bowling Green was secondary coach Nick Monroe, who is joining Syracuse's staff.

Well that was his announcement. Not a commitment but the Cuse offer. Unless...

Interesting they want him at DB. I dont see him covering ACC WR's. I see him as a OLB.

Interesting they want him at DB. I dont see him covering ACC WR's. I see him as a OLB.

6'2 195 4.5 speed. Unless its in his hips he should be able to get it. Maybe safety? Either way its apparent we are moving away from the mighty mite size DB's .

Edit - I assume they would trim him down to 185 ish

6'2 195 4.5 speed. Unless its in his hips he should be able to get it. Maybe safety? Either way its apparent we are moving away from the mighty mite size DB's .

Cover 2 safety type.

I like big safeties but I would rather build up a 6'2 180 corner, rather than trying to get 6'2 200 SS/OLB to lose weight. His tape doesnt show anything that covers down field. I dont see him turning his hips out of his back pedal, dont see him cover ground and breaking at angles, not many PBU's, if anything his film shows his ability to play in the box and come down hill for run support. Maybe the staff seen him in camp and knows what he can do. Just from watching his film I need to see more.

I like big safeties but I would rather build up a 6'2 180 corner, rather than trying to get 6'2 200 SS/OLB to lose weight. His tape doesnt show anything that covers down field. I dont see him turning his hips out of his back pedal, dont see him cover ground and breaking at angles, not many PBU's, if anything his film shows his ability to play in the box and come down hill for run support. Maybe the staff seen him in camp and knows what he can do. Just from watching his film I need to see more.

As normal will trust your judgement.

Was he being recruited for the same at BG? It has been interesting to see which decommits from BG that they have offered versus not offering.

Was he being recruited for the same at BG? It has been interesting to see which decommits from BG that they have offered versus not offering.
If you'd told me 2 weeks ago that Foster would have an offer and Landers would not, I'd have called you crazy.

Of course, Landers has some academic questions so that might be part of the reason.

If you'd told me 2 weeks ago that Foster would have an offer and Landers would not, I'd have called you crazy.

Of course, Landers has some academic questions so that might be part of the reason.
Feel the same. Landers was the one BG commit I thought would have a offer first. He still doesnt have one.

Money, much appreciated as always to here your viewpoint on the film. Not being a coach, it is a great insight into the skills the kid has, and what your expectations are that the coaches may be looking for. Thanks very much.

Money, much appreciated as always to here your viewpoint on the film. Not being a coach, it is a great insight into the skills the kid has, and what your expectations are that the coaches may be looking for. Thanks very much.
Appreciate it but my opinion is just like anyone else on this forum. Ive coached defense for 15 years. My philosophy was to always put the best athletes on the field at each position. LOL, the kids would hate me at times, I put corners at safety, safeties at OLB, OLB's at MLB, MLB's at DE and DE's at DT. You can always add muscle to their frame while keeping most of their athleticism in tact.

Could he be a will then?