Class of 2014 - WR/DB Ryan Mayes (FL) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR/DB Ryan Mayes (FL) Offered

I don't think there's a chance in Hell Holley comes here and I have no connections at all.

The longer it drags out with Holley the more it works in our favor. If he commits at some point over the next 3 months, I think there's no way it's SU. If it drags out longer than that, we could sneak in.

His recruitment seems very similar to Wayne Morgan's. Early on Morgan blew up, was a 4 star recruit on Rvls, had an early Michigan offer and a Verbal Alabama offer, decided to wait, and ultimately decided to stay close to home. By that time, I believe PSU was full at his position and Rutgers, UCONN and Syracuse were his options to stay close to home. It seems more and more like Holley is going to stay close to home.

If PSU hits their 15 before Holley commits and Rutgers keeps filling up their class as quickly as they have, then I like our chances if he commits in the fall or later.

What would really help this team is if we can develop another top tier recruiter along with Mcdonald, because Mcdonald is a rising star and I dont suspect he will be here more then 2-3 years at best. I hate to keep coming back to this but the NYC/NJ area needs to pick up, I know its a bit of a sore spot with a few posters but Moore really needs to show something on the recruiting trail soon or be shifted to a less competitive area. To say he isnt exactly lighting it up out there would be the understatement of the century.

Moore just recruits a few areas in NY. Daoust does a lot of recruiting down there as well. I believe he is Holley's recruiter.

Coach Lea could be that asst to step up. The recruits seem to love him, and he has said he would like to stay here for a while.

Not to mention Eric White.