Class of 2016 - WR Donald Stewart (NJ) Verbal to Stanford | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Donald Stewart (NJ) Verbal to Stanford

NailstheCusefan12

All American
@Donald_Stewart8: Received offer #3 from the Syracuse Orangemen #Cuse #BlessedAndHumble

6'3 185 pounds from Paramus, NJ

Braulio Perez @BraulioEPerez · 13h 13 hours ago
#Syracuse is offer No. 3 for Paramus Catholic 2016 WR @Donald_Stewart8

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...g-busy-weekend-for-paramus-catholic-athletes/

Elsewhere in recruiting for Paramus Catholic, senior tight end Mark Michaud picked up an offer from Buffalo earlier this week, the school announced on Twitter. As for the class of 2016, standout wide receiver Donald Stewart, who hauled in two touchdown passes in the Non-Public, Group 4 final, picked up an offer from Syracuse on Friday night.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...with_rutgers_wr_leonte_carroo_during_cam.html

on April 22, 2014 at 6:05 PM, updated April 22, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Donald Stewart is one of the top up-and-coming wide receivers in New Jersey's recruiting class of 2016. The 6-4, 185-pounder recently transferred from Seton Hall Prep (West Orange, N.J.) to Paramus (N.J.) Catholic, where he hopes to complete his high school education and career.
Tuesday, Stewart visited campus, accompanied by his father, and began to build a relationship with the Rutgers staff as well as some of the players.
"It was great, I loved it. It was cool," Stewart said. "First, I went to the spring practice and I spoke to coach (Ben) McDaniels, the wide receivers coach. Then I spoke to coach (Kyle) Flood. I watched the entire practice, and afterwards, I took a tour of the campus."
But what stood out most to Stewart was his interaction with Rutgers' top returning wide receiver.
"I met Leonte (Carroo), one of the wide receivers," said Stewart. "He was cool and down to earth. We exchanged numbers and he said that if I needed anything or ever needed to talk, to just hit him up."
Kyle Flood didn't offer Stewart just yet, but gave him a few pointers that should help him earn a tender in the future.
"He told me to work on my speed and change of direction and everything else will come," Stewart mentioned. "He said I have nice size and I would really fit in a program like his, and if I keep working hard, I'll be alright."
Tuesday marked Stewart's first collegiate visit, while he'll visit Temple, Thursday. In 2013, he caught 39 passes for 429 yards and 6 TDs in the Pirates' (7-3, 5-2) Wing-T offense.

Donald Stewart: Playmaker

March 14, 2015
Donald_Stewart_2-e1426305335162.jpg

After watching just a few minutes of his highlight tape, it is easy to see why over 15 Division I schools are making a push for Donald Stewart, a wide receiver from Paramus Catholic High School in New Jersey: he makes a ton of huge plays.

Go ahead, start watching the film at any point. It will soon become evident Stewart has an uncanny knack for getting open down the field, hauling in deep passes and racing into the end zone. That’s why, when asked about how he would classify himself as a receiver, there really is no debating Stewart’s answer.

“I think I’m a playmaker at receiver, because every time I touch the ball, I make big plays,” he said.

Stewart certainly isn’t the only one who thinks he is a playmaker, though. Just check out his mailbox. The 6-foot-4-inch, 185-pound junior is drawing a lot of attention from some of the nation’s top programs: schools that would love to add a strong, rangy deep threat to their wide receiver corps. At this point, he has received offers from Boston College, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Washington State, and Wake Forest, and has also been in touch with Duke, Michigan, Stanford, and Virginia, he said.

Donald_Stewart_1.jpg
Donald Stewart fully extends to make an acrobatic catch. Photo courtesy of Donald Stewart.
Donald_Stewart_5.jpg
Donald Stewart waiting for the play call. Photo courtesy of Donald Stewart.
Donald_Stewart_3.jpg
Donald Stewart concentrates and hauls in the ball. Photo courtesy of Donald Stewart.
Donald_Stewart_4.jpg
Donald Stewart catches the ball in stride before turning up field. Photo courtesy of Donald Stewart.

However, despite all of the attention he is receiving, Stewart is able to keep a level head, displaying a sense of maturity well beyond his years. He understands that, while he has certainly put in the hard work to warrant the success and offers that have come his way, he is in a very fortunate place.

“The recruiting process has been very exciting, but also humbling,” he explained. “There are some kids who would love to be in my position, and I am just so blessed to be able to have all of these options.”

The New Jersey wideout hopes to come to a final decision before the start of his senior season, but as of now, he is content to just let the process play out each day and remain open to any school that talks to him, he said. Stewart did provide some clues on what will end up factoring into his choice, though.

“When I choose a program, I will look at academics, location and life after college football,” Stewart said. “Schools like Stanford definitely stand out as of right now because that is a big-time academic school, and that plays a huge role in choosing the school I would like to attend.”

Until then, Stewart, who looks up to NFL receivers like Dez Bryant and Randy Moss, will continue to train in the offseason, looking to improve his route running and hands, he said. He said he also wishes to get in and out of his breaks quicker, which must be a scary thought for the cornerbacks tasked with stopping him in the future since he seems to already be doing so with pretty decent speed.

As far as his final year in high school goes, the last season of his career that will not be played in front tens of thousands of fans in a power football conference, Stewart has some pretty lofty goals in mind: 1,000 receiving yards, 15 touchdowns and a state title. Of course, there would be only one problem for Stewart if he does end up reaching those numbers: he would have to make a new highlight tape.

I can see this guy making a living on fades into the back of the endzone. 6-foot-4, and watching his HUDL video, dude goes up and gets the ball and looks like he's got great body control.

We maaaaay have jumped the gun. He is apparently watching Wrestlemania so it may have to do with that. Ha.