Class of 2016 - WR Hasise Dubois (NJ) Verbal to UVA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Hasise Dubois (NJ) Verbal to UVA

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
No. 12 Kareem Walker, No. 32 Hasise Dubois, No. 36 Quayshon Alexander and their teammates were paid in-school visits by Michigan linebackers coach Roy Manning, as well as coaches from Rutgers, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Miami (Fla.), Auburn, Wisconsin, Pitt, North Carolina, Iowa, Clemson, Syracuse, N.C. State, Maryland, Duke, UMass and more. Walker, only a sophomore, says he will enroll in college mid-senior year.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ting_njcom_top_50_recruit_updates_may_16.html

We've officially offered this young man, according to Stephen Bailey.

6-foot-4, 200 pounds, 4-star recruit.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago
Syracuse has offered 2016 DePaul Catholic (Wayne, N.J.) HS WR Hasise Dubois (@dubois_5k), @dpfootball announces.

I don't know about the rest of you but there is something that always gets me when I see one of these threads that OE started a year ago pop back up onto the front page.

I don't know about the rest of you but there is something that always gets me when I see one of these threads that OE started a year ago pop back up onto the front page.
I was thinking that as I posted, actually.

Offers from...

BC. Ill. OH St, Kentucky, Pitt, RU, Temple, Wake, Syracuse

• 2:16 PM - 24 Mar 2015
    Hassy Bee ‏@DuBois_5k 2m2 minutes ago
    Blessed With my 10th offer from Syracuse University ">
    1f34a.png
    1f34a.png
    ! #CUSE pic.twitter.com/wUi8LhiLss

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...sise_dubois_has_rutgers_ohio_state_and_v.html

Hasise Dubois, the No. 15 recruit in the NJ.com Top 50, will have many collegiate options before his recruitment is said and done. But at the moment, he tells NJ Advance Media that three schools stand out.

"It's probably Rutgers, Ohio State and Virginia," said Dubois, a 6-4, 210-pound DePaul (Wayne, N.J.) wide receiver. "All of them have good programs, they play freshmen and their academic programs are up to par."

Duboise also holds offers from Pitt, Boston College, Wake Forest and Temple, and has received interest from Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland, UNC and Indiana.

However, the junior hopes to play relatively close to home.

"I don't want to go too far, like 10 hours. Most likely, I'll just probably either stay close or not too far so my family can drive out and come to a game."

With Dubois' teammate and good friend Kareem Walker committing to Ohio State, could that affect his decision?

"To be honest, maybe a little bit because we've been playing together since we were like in fourth grade,"he said. "It's iffy. So probably more interest, like, maybe a little bit."

However, Duboise has a strong relationship with Rutgers offensive coordinator Ben McDaniels that could play dividends down the line.

"I've been hearing from Rutgers. I've been talking to coach McDaniels lately. I think coach McDaniels is gonna do his thing at offensive coordinator," he said. "I think they are gonna throw the ball a lot and he's doing good with the receivers, so I think the receivers corps should be good this year.

"We know each other well. We've been in contact a lot. We are trying to set up a day where I can come to a basketball game or something. He just basally wants me to visit campus again and get to know him better."

McDaniels isn't the only Rutgers representative Duboise has a relationship with.

"I know a lot of people up there like Kiy (Hester). I played with Kiy, I played with G," he said. "So basically, like, it's a brotherhood up there. Like, if I go there, I'd probably feel like it's a big family up there."

And the Virginia Cavaliers find themselves in the game as Dubois is impressed with the school's academic reputation.

Although he currently projects to wide receiver, Dubois could outgrow the position — something he is aware of.

"If I keep growing, why not? I'd probably play like a flex tight end, something like what Devin Funchess (former Michigan tight end) played," he said. "But I prefer to play wide receiver."

Duboise will visit Maryland next weekend for junior day and hopes to visit multiple other schools, including Rutgers, throughout the spring. He also plans to run spring track.

So, this late in the game, he's leaning heavily toward Ohio State...yet he still wants to come visit Syracuse for the spring game.

That's encouraging. I doubt we'll get him at this point, but it's pretty great that he wants to come see the campus and meet with the coaches.

So, this late in the game, he's leaning heavily toward Ohio State...yet he still wants to come visit Syracuse for the spring game.

That's encouraging. I doubt we'll get him at this point, but it's pretty great that he wants to come see the campus and meet with the coaches.

Yes but in the article I posted he wants to be close to home so his parents can see him play. NJ..NY or NJ..OH. That is a long drive through PA to OH. I know. :(

If that's the case, then we've got to overcome Rutgers, which has the advantage of being in his backyard basically, and has a massive head start on him.

By the way - how on earth does a 4-star wide receiver only have 10 offers at this stage!?

The article was written over a month ago but consider the source of the article. Toad.

The kid just tweeted Syracuse "can definitely be in the mix"

It'll be the usual suspects for this kid; buttgers, UVA, MD, BC, along with Ohio State, and I'm sure Penn State and Michigan will get involved. The kid has the makings of a big time WR prospect. 6-4 200. He's someone we need to land.

Is that a 1 handed catch while falling backwards, off balance? if so very impressive. Also I like the subtle push off right before he starts falling back, that is going to be a non-call almost every time.