Class of 2018 - WR Jeremy Ruckert (NY) Verbal to Ohio State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Jeremy Ruckert (NY) Verbal to Ohio State

Kid can't even sign for another year and a half - that list means nothing other than " look at all the big name schools that are recruiting me - and rutgers". If the SU staff keeps working on him and shows an exciting offense this fall they have as much chance as anyone.

Kid can't even sign for another year and a half - that list means nothing other than " look at all the big name schools that are recruiting me - and rutgers". If the SU staff keeps working on him and shows an exciting offense this fall they have as much chance as anyone.

Yep, total ego post. The sooner the 3 hour Dino Babers infomercials start running on Friday nights and Saturdays the better.

He's from NY and possibly a national recruit. Did anyone expect him to have any interest in SU?

I just watched that entire damn video just to see we weren't included.

computerrage.gif

Ernj said:
He's from NY and possibly a national recruit. Did anyone expect him to have any interest in SU?

Yes. I expect every WR within 4 hours to know about our offense and be interested. Right now it's all talk - but I bet we'll be in on a bunch of 4* WR from the NE in short order.

Yes. I expect every WR within 4 hours to know about our offense and be interested. Right now it's all talk - but I bet we'll be in on a bunch of 4* WR from the NE in short order.
I bet we will be in on 4* WRs from the NE too. I am not surprised because he is from NY.

I just watched that entire damn video just to see we weren't included.
Oh Lord
computerrage.gif
wait - this kid that's a good 18 months away from his signing day had a video announcing a top 13 list??? oh boy - wow - you gotta be kidding me. Time to put that thread on ignore.

wait - this kid that's a good 18 months away from his signing day had a video announcing a top 13 list??? oh boy - wow - you gotta be kidding me. Time to put that thread on ignore.
I'm much more upset that I took the time to watch the video

I'm much more upset that I took the time to watch the video
I will bet that by 2018, the #2 WR at Syracuse has more receptions and yards receiving than the #1 WR at all of these 13 schools.

If Ruckert wants to spending most of his time blocking or serving as a decoy, he is looking at the right schools.

I don't want WRs who are content to be role players. I want WRs who want to break records and dominate college football record books.

I will bet that by 2018, the #2 WR at Syracuse has more receptions and yards receiving than the #1 WR at all of these 13 schools.

If Ruckert wants to spending most of his time blocking or serving as a decoy, he is looking at the right schools.

I don't want WRs who are content to be role players. I want WRs who want to break records and dominate college football record books.

Amen-brother-gif.gif

go orange good looking (1).gif

It's only the beginning of his recruiting; we're right in there with the Big Boys! Under Coach Babers we are moving swiftly to become one of the Big Boys, in terms of how recruits see us! Go Orange!

He just put a tweet up about being the nations #1 TE and NYs #1 player. Not sure what service did the rating.

Don't we need a TE?

He just put a tweet up about being the nations #1 TE and NYs #1 player. Not sure what service did the rating.

Don't we need a TE?
He put up a top 5 in Dec. of Michigan, OH St, Wisconsin, FSU, Bama and he was getting ready to visit ND. I don't think he has interest in SU.

He put up a top 5 in Dec. of Michigan, OH St, Wisconsin, FSU, Bama and he was getting ready to visit ND. I don't think he has interest in SU.

Oh I know, but my good buddy is from Lindenhurst and he's very good friends with Ruckert senior. I'm constantly putting CUSE in their ear and telling them it would be a tight end's dream to play for Babers. He'll catch 10 times as many passes playing for Babers than he would playing in some outdated pro-style offense.

We need another season of video game numbers and things will start to change.

I think he'll end up at Notre Dame but they are very aware of Kelly's tenuous situation there.

Last edited:
I hope he loves blocking.

Here are the stats for Notre Dame starting TEs the last 4 years:

2016 Durham Smythe 9 catches 122 yards 4 TDs
2015 Alize Jones 13 catches 190 yards 0 TDs
2014 Ben Koyack 30 catches 317 yards 2 TDs
2013 Troy Niklas 32 catches 498 yards 5 TDs

All these guys were HS AAs like Jeremy except Smythe, who was close (top 200 player, rated 6th best TE in country).

If Ruckert starts at ND for 4 seasons (extremely unlikely with the senior driven system Kelly has in place there), he might get as many touches in his career as he would starting one season at Syracuse.

If he wants to play and catch the ball, Notre Dame might be the worst possible choice for him.

I hope he loves blocking.

Here are the stats for Notre Dame starting TEs the last 4 years:

2016 Durham Smythe 9 catches 122 yards 4 TDs
2015 Alize Jones 13 catches 190 yards 0 TDs
2014 Ben Koyack 30 catches 317 yards 2 TDs
2013 Troy Niklas 32 catches 498 yards 5 TDs

All these guys were HS AAs like Jeremy except Smythe, who was close (top 200 player, rated 6th best TE in country).

If Ruckert starts at ND for 4 seasons (extremely unlikely with the senior driven system Kelly has in place there), he might get as many touches in his career as he would starting one season at Syracuse.

If he wants to play and catch the ball, Notre Dame might be the worst possible choice for him.

Maybe a season of Pierce becoming a star here will help convince him. :)

Don't we need a TE?

We need like 3 TE's!!!

Lol - he writes "#1 TE in the country" across his own post. He better not choose ND - a kid that enamored with himself won't handle all that losing very well.

Very true...good riddance. TEs are slowly becoming a dying breed. Will soon be a speciality. College and the NFL is going to pace and space much like the NBA. Which translates to finesse and flexed out TEs playing in space. This will include tall wrs that are 20# away from serving this function.

Lol - he writes "#1 TE in the country" across his own post. He better not choose ND - a kid that enamored with himself won't handle all that losing very well.
Yeah, ND seems like the best place to take his "brand to..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom