Class of 2016 - WR Jerron Rollins (FL) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Jerron Rollins (FL) Offered

This sucks big time. This kid was a star in the making. How can these players just keep dropping like flies. You almost have to stay with these kids 24-7 until signing date. Wow, Fitzpatrick, Cooper, DJ, and now Rollins. Maybe the coaches needed to do more in house visit with the good recruits and do all this other recruiting for two years down the road at a later date.

DJ committed to Maryland 6 months ago. Which means they were recruiting him for two years.

Babers just got involved a few weeks ago. Did you expect miracles?

I just think the staff needs some time to establish relationships with some of the kids. It's one thing if they were heavily recruiting a kid to BG, but if it's a new kid, you are talking about pulling kids away from different regions and only having connected with them for a few weeks. I think kids do indeed need to see our offense next year, hopefully between that and a full cycle we can bring in some studs. I think in general they are doing a good job in the short time they have had. They have basically cleared out half of Shafer's class, Scott is the only kid they wanted to keep who bolted (and even then they wavered on him for a while). By signing day, I think we will have about 20-22 kids, and it will look a hell of a lot better that what the prior staff had been putting together.

DJ committed to Maryland 6 months ago. Which means they were recruiting him for two years.

Babers just got involved a few weeks ago. Did you expect miracles?
No I didn't, but I didn't expect the number of kids canceling their OV the way they are. And some are within a couple days from setting a date.Plus they have the whole staff out there recruiting for 2017 and 18 when they could be doing more in house to keep these kids attention.

rackman18 said:
No I didn't, but I didn't expect the number of kids canceling their OV the way they are. And some are within a couple days from setting a date.Plus they have the whole staff out there recruiting for 2017 and 18 when they could be doing more in house to keep these kids attention.
Idk, it seems they've been having in-homes with a lot of these kids. How many times do you want them to visit a kid in a 1-2 week period?

We're seeing a whole recruiting cycle play out in one month. It's usually a 2 year process. This happens all the time, it's just way more accelerated due to the time frame.

They need to be getting those 2017 and 18 offers out now. They are way behind other schools in offering those classes.

Reactions: 007
They need to be getting those 2017 and 18 offers out now. They are way behind other schools in offering those classes.
I hear ya but right at the most important time just two weeks before signing date. Its just me folks, I feel they should be spoon feeding these recruits til the fax comes accross. lol

Hey, It seems to be working "GREAT" for him, and he the may end up with # 1 recruiting class. :)

Just for the record, I was joking on my last post. Besides I couldn't see Coach Lew at a sleepover . He would have to sleep on the floor, no bed long enough. :rolling:

We're talking to these kids every single day, what more do you want us to do? Be Jim Harbaugh?

Hey, no one uses pillow talk like Harbaugh...

Just for the record, I was joking on my last post. Besides I couldn't see Coach Lew at a sleepover . He would have to sleep on the floor, no bed long enough. :rolling:

Hey rackman, i know you joined this board 2 years ago. obviously, you are really into recruiting. for no other reason than to satisfy my own curiosity... i was wondering how long have you been following football recruiting?

Hey rackman, i know you joined this board 2 years ago. obviously, you are really into recruiting. for no other reason than to satisfy my own curiosity... i was wondering how long have you been following football recruiting?
He seems like a great SU fan and enthusiastic poster but he doesn't need to post everything that crosses his mind. It's extremely frustrating to open a thread looking for important recruiting updates only to see unrelated personal opinion.

He seems like a great SU fan and enthusiastic poster but he doesn't need to post everything that crosses his mind. It's extremely frustrating to open a thread looking for important recruiting updates only to see unrelated personal opinion.
I don't know where you are reading, but when I post it is almost ALWAYS has something to do with that thread. I say almost because I may have, but can not remember when. These are opinions on here and everyone has one, and I view mine on here, and you may not agree with it, but oh well, that's a forum.

I don't know why I am answering this but I'll bite 7-8 years maybe more off and on but more so in the last couple years since I live in Florida for about 7 months of the years.

Reactions: 007
I don't know where you are reading, but when I post it is almost ALWAYS has something to do with that thread. I say almost because I may have, but can not remember when. These are opinions on here and everyone has one, and I view mine on here, and you may not agree with it, but oh well, that's a forum.
You seem like a great guy but apparently you missed my point. I didn't have to go far for this example:

"Just for the record, I was joking on my last post. Besides I couldn't see Coach Lew at a sleepover . He would have to sleep on the floor, no bed long enough."

Just one example of a meaningless post. Please remember that this wouldn't be so infuriating if it was an isolated case or was posted in June. We're two weeks out from National Signing Day and we come here looking for the latest info...only to open a thread and see this drivel. Very frustrating.

You seem like a great guy but apparently you missed my point. I didn't have to go far for this example:

"Just for the record, I was joking on my last post. Besides I couldn't see Coach Lew at a sleepover . He would have to sleep on the floor, no bed long enough."

Just one example of a meaningless post. Please remember that this wouldn't be so infuriating if it was an isolated case or was posted in June. We're two weeks out from National Signing Day and we come here looking for the latest info...only to open a thread and see this drivel. Very frustrating.

Just put him on ignore and that will eliminate your having to read his posts.

Just put him on ignore and that will eliminate your having to read his posts.
It's not a matter of reading his posts that is so frustrating...it's the fact that his post marks the thread as "unread" and, in many cases, his post is the ONLY post since I last read the thread. So you open the thread hoping to find new info and find ...well, nothing worthwhile.

He seems like a great SU fan and enthusiastic poster but he doesn't need to post everything that crosses his mind. It's extremely frustrating to open a thread looking for important recruiting updates only to see unrelated personal opinio

If you would have went back a bit further you would have seen where it was relating to a post by bnoro where it said,
We're talking to these kids every single day, what more do you want us to do? Be Jim Harbaugh? Which everyone knows that Harbaugh and sleepovers. So I made the statement, Hey, It seems to be working "GREAT" for him, and he the may end up with # 1 recruiting class. Making a joke of it, and then I wrote, Just for the record, I was joking on my last post. I didn't want anyone think I was serious. If it doesn't meet your expectations, oh well. I apologize to the readers on here for me having to explain something that I was being called out on.

It's not a matter of reading his posts that is so frustrating...it's the fact that his post marks the thread as "unread" and, in many cases, his post is the ONLY post since I last read the thread. So you open the thread hoping to find new info and find ...well, nothing worthwhile.

First world problems? It happens in the majority of threads. It's a fan discussion site, people discuss topics. Most of the time it isn't even about the particular subject at hand. Never understood the hand wringing about a poster posting on a posting site that is driven by posts?

First world problems? It happens in the majority of threads. It's a fan discussion site, people discuss topics. Most of the time it isn't even about the particular subject at hand. Never understood the hand wringing about a poster posting on a posting site that is driven by posts?
No hand wringing, simply an observation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom