Class of 2017 - WR Josh Palmer (FL) Verbal to Tennessee | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Josh Palmer (FL) Verbal to Tennessee

So he decommitted to take other visits, is he still coming to visit Syracuse. If he doesn't commit this weekend and SU gets the last visit I still like our chances.
I agree, if he doesn't commit. If he commits then we are SOL. There is still hope.

So he decommitted to take other visits, is he still coming to visit Syracuse. If he doesn't commit this weekend and SU gets the last visit I still like our chances.
But he is also visiting UCLA next weekend.

First, I'm quoting this because people seem to have not read this.

If bcubs is right, then this isn't a policy I enjoy. I hate the idea of telling a kid he can't visit other places, and he needs to be 100% locked in. It's undoubtedly what we all want, but man it's a terrible way of doing business. That was probably my favorite Shafer philosophy.

I hope Dino isn't that hard lined, that if Palmer takes his visit to Tennessee and takes his visit to UCLA and then says, yup I'm sure SU is where I want to be, that he wouldn't take him.
I don't know- personally, I kind of agree w/ the policy.
It shows a recruit that we are about getting things done, and if you say you're on board, then we'll take you at your word that its for real.
If you're unsure about the commitment, then don't commit, take your OV's, and come back after you're done...if at all.
Obviously we'll see how it'll ultimately play out on signing day, but this ain't HCDB's first rodeo. I'm sure he'd rather take this approach then the "tourist" commitment that ends up with no signature when it matters.

Again approx 300 kids go to the NFL each year it's a long shot ! Get an education from cuse ,intern in NYC , that resume carries serious weight anywhere you go !
Yeah I bet the Tennessee alum pool that is 5X SU's never gets involved with ex-football players when it comes to jobs. Get serious.

What to get a job in Tennessee area that's it ! You think the rest of the country gives a hoot about a Tennessee degree ??

What to get a job in Tennessee area that's it ! You think the rest of the country gives a hoot about a Tennessee degree ??
Typical myopic and stupid Northeastern point of view (and I am from NYC and have been in DC for 25 years so I do favor the NE). You're right, TN grads never leave the state and are all bumpkins who immediately get on the bus and go back to the farm although on might consider that when there are tens (hundreds) of thousands more of them than SU grads the odds are a few of them have made out ok.

And do you think most of the country outside of a couple of cities gives a crap about SU? SU alum in Virginia (mostly in Northern VA right outside what should be a solid SU city) have been trying for years to get a Virginia SU license plate but they can't get the minimal number of people needed to buy in. You overestimate the aura of SU.

NYC is the greatest city in the world !! The world !!
And cuse kids intern there and the alumn are all over the area . Sure kids are successful from universities all over the world , but again NYC is the undisputed king of the world

NYC is the greatest city in the world !! The world !!
And cuse kids intern there and the alumn are all over the area . Sure kids are successful from universities all over the world , but again NYC is the undisputed king of the world
kids from tennessee are also given the opportunity to work in NYC.

I don't know- personally, I kind of agree w/ the policy.
It shows a recruit that we are about getting things done, and if you say you're on board, then we'll take you at your word that its for real.
If you're unsure about the commitment, then don't commit, take your OV's, and come back after you're done...if at all.
Obviously we'll see how it'll ultimately play out on signing day, but this ain't HCDB's first rodeo. I'm sure he'd rather take this approach then the "tourist" commitment that ends up with no signature when it matters.

I have no problem with this policy.

Secondarily, I've seen some comments about us never having a decommit recommit. I can't think of one myself, but we've also never had a no visit policy so I would imagine that a no visit policy opens us up more for a recommit than not having that policy. Basically the kid has to decommit to take other visits and we've not been in this position in recent memory.

kids from tennessee are also given the opportunity to work in NYC.
17168747062_21a053d3f3_o.focus-none.width-800.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-14_11-50-10.jpeg
    upload_2017-1-14_11-50-10.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 26
I'm sure HCDB has a it under control...while the kid is a nice recruit, I wouldn't call this a big loss...he can and will be replaced...if he comes back at the end then no harm no foul...I get the STA thing but the kid hasn't caught a ball for us yet...onto the next one...

I'm sure HCDB has a it under control...while the kid is a nice recruit, I wouldn't call this a big loss...he can and will be replaced...if he comes back at the end then no harm no foul...I get the STA thing but the kid hasn't caught a ball for us yet...onto the next one...
Stop with the I trust the coaches stuff. He's a loss. He's a very good player that is no longer committed to us. We do not have that level of talent waiting in the wings to sign in place of him. No HS player has caught a ball at the college level has no bearing on his talent level. Red Herring. The only thing you are correct is onto the next one without knowing how good they will be. We just need alot of good players and he was one of them. Bummer.

Stop with the I trust the coaches stuff. He's a loss. He's a very good player that is no longer committed to us. We do not have that level of talent waiting in the wings to sign in place of him. No HS player has caught a ball at the college level has no bearing on his talent level. Red Herring. The only thing you are correct is onto the next one without knowing how good they will be. We just need alot of good players and he was one of them. Bummer.
Easy buddy...I said he was a nice player...the comment about not catching a ball yet was simply to highlight that it's hard to consider someone who hasn't played a snap for Cuse, a "big loss". If Dungy could not play next year that would be a "big loss"...also there is a long time between now and signing day...lots can happen and you, me and probably no one else knows how HCDB is going to close this class...so before panic sets in let's see how things play out?

Quit frankly talking about his education and job prospects after school are silly. He's going to school to play football. Whether he gets a family studies degree from Syracuse or Tennessee makes zero difference.

Syracuse isnt Harvard.

The no visit policy after committing is fine with me. If you're not sure don't commit, if you want to visit other places don't commit . Schools are in a tough spot as they haven't recruited their top prospects since the commitment.

And lastly, I don't worry about WR recruiting and /or offense with this staff.

Quit frankly talking about his education and job prospects after school are silly. He's going to school to play football. Whether he gets a family studies degree from Syracuse or Tennessee makes zero difference.

Syracuse isnt Harvard.

The no visit policy after committing is fine with me. If you're not sure don't commit, if you want to visit other places don't commit . Schools are in a tough spot as they haven't recruited their top prospects since the commitment.

And lastly, I don't worry about WR recruiting and /or offense with this staff.
I think the policy might also depend on how long you've been committed. Obviously you can't have it for late signees who go down to the wire. But if someone has been committed for a long time and it's time lost, then I say fine.

Silly ?? College is about setting up the rest of your life ! Football is a perk !

Easy buddy...I said he was a nice player...the comment about not catching a ball yet was simply to highlight that it's hard to consider someone who hasn't played a snap for Cuse, a "big loss". If Dungy could not play next year that would be a "big loss"...also there is a long time between now and signing day...lots can happen and you, me and probably no one else knows how HCDB is going to close this class...so before panic sets in let's see how things play out?
Its only a loss if they've played for SU. If someone verbally committed but backed out is not a loss? Really playing semantics to convince ourselves of something. No Panic, disappointment on losing, yes losing a verbally committed quality player.

Its only a loss if they've played for SU. If someone verbally committed but backed out is not a loss? Really playing semantics to convince ourselves of something. No Panic, disappointment on losing, yes losing a verbally committed quality player.

Convince ourselves of something? Really? You may want to take a break from the recruiting board until signing day...there are going to be some ebbs and flows...

i am not sure of ANYTHING you said.

What a pile of dung. Last year at this time we didn't even have our all-American WR on the roster.

There is time and this offense will attract enough talent at that position. It sucks, but until signing day, you don't know jack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom