Class of 2017 - WR Josh Palmer (FL) Verbal to Tennessee | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Josh Palmer (FL) Verbal to Tennessee

Looks like he didn't want to come north and play for Dino so let him go to UT. Southern athletes worship the SEC.

Still OV'ing to SU on 1/27. But yeah, not great.

Not many kids decommit and then recommit.

Still OV'ing to SU on 1/27. But yeah, not great.

Not many kids decommit and then recommit.
Agreed, but something tells me, if anyone can convince the kid that SU is for him, it's Dion & Co.

He's from Canada.
I realize he is from Canada but when you play high school in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, you get brainwashed to an extent regarding everything SEC. Tough loss for the Cuse...

I won't be surprised if he takes another OV.
You mean another OV and then his official to Syracuse? I still think we get him if he makes his official here.

STA was a powerhouse again this year. He got a lot of attention. Of course he is going to take this last chance to look around.

STA was a powerhouse again this year. He got a lot of attention. Of course he is going to take this last chance to look around.
Can't blame him and similar to what happened with Steve Clark's visit to Florida w/out the decommitment.

Doubt he ever makes it here for his scheduled OV later in the month. Writing appears to be on the wall.

I don't get it. Etta-Tawo put up 44 more receptions and 500+ more yards that Tenn leading WR.

To each his own, I guess. But if you're a WR you'd be nuts to not want to play in this system.

Tennessee vs cuse education ?? Not a smart decision! They haven't even offered him ! What a shame

Can't blame him and similar to what happened with Steve Clark's visit to Florida w/out the decommitment.
Actually, I believe it's quite different.

From what I learned via a tweet from John Garcia, it appears that Josh was given the "no other visits for verbal commits" schpiel. I infer that Josh may have been told by SU that taking an OV to Tennessee would mean he'd lose his spot at SU. That's a totally different set of circumstances than when Steven went on an OV to Florida. Coach Bullough, Coach Daoust, and Coach Shafer were prettty cool about the visit, in all honesty.

After SU showed that it provided an opportunity fora WR who played 3 years atMaryland and was never used to become one of the leading receivers in the nation and certain to be highly drafted...I don't get the thinking of this guy! Good luck

It's going to take more than one year of a high octane offense to convince a lot of recruits we're Wide Receiver U. We need to maintain it, win and start drawing fans. We're competing here with a program that's winning again and draws 90,000 plus for games.

Tennessee football vs Cuse football really isn't close though...

I'd agree with that... Here's what I don't get though. They are already over the 25 - and I know they do weird (sometimes sketchy) things with their numbers - but is Palmer really a priority recruit for them? He's the top guy we have committed, better system for WR, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom