Class of 2017 - WR Josh Palmer (FL) Verbal to Tennessee | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Josh Palmer (FL) Verbal to Tennessee

It's going to take more than one year of a high octane offense to convince a lot of recruits we're Wide Receiver U. We need to maintain it, win and start drawing fans. We're competing here with a program that's winning again and draws 90,000 plus for games.
But losing their starting QB to graduation and a team that doesn't have a receiver with more than 50 catches..

A little deflating likely losing one of our highest ranked recruits. It's truly a tough balance going against the bigger programs for the better players (which we need) and keeping them committed if they've verballed. Of course players will de commit and that's known, but it still stings

We should stop trying to convince ourselves every WR in the country should be beating our doors down to play here. It makes sense to use and myself but the reality is we looked terrible last year to the casual observer and had a losing season.

We also don't have the flash of the SEC schools to throw around to recruits to make up for the lack of wins. When we win more, the high end recruiting will pick up.

We have education !!! Tennessee hasn't been relative in a little NFL time ! Patents don't get it ! Go to cuse ,intern in NYC and get a job anywhere !!

I strongly hope doors were not closed on him and he has the opportunity to visit SU and meet some of his future teammates. Am I right in assuming he has not been to campus before?

I'd agree with that... Here's what I don't get though. They are already over the 25 - and I know they do weird (sometimes sketchy) things with their numbers - but is Palmer really a priority recruit for them? He's the top guy we have committed, better system for WR, etc.
i get the "star power" of the sec, and education value is really a non factor for many.
this is a shame, but i expect some more of these until/if we pull out of the cellar. what does surprise me, is the number of transfers. pretty soon we will need a separate thread for all of this. i agree about system, but still think high name recognition schools generally win out.
this does not seem to be the case with devito, at least i hope not.

I cant ever recall a decommited player signing with us. Id say he is gone.

I cant ever recall a decommited player signing with us. Id say he is gone.
I tend to agree, but if he does visit us, especially last, I think Dino is the kind of guy that can pull him back in.

Actually, I believe it's quite different.

From what I learned via a tweet from John Garcia, it appears that Josh was given the "no other visits for verbal commits" schpiel. I infer that Josh may have been told by SU that taking an OV to Tennessee would mean he'd lose his spot at SU. That's a totally different set of circumstances than when Steven went on an OV to Florida. Coach Bullough, Coach Daoust, and Coach Shafer were prettty cool about the visit, in all honesty.

First, I'm quoting this because people seem to have not read this.

If bcubs is right, then this isn't a policy I enjoy. I hate the idea of telling a kid he can't visit other places, and he needs to be 100% locked in. It's undoubtedly what we all want, but man it's a terrible way of doing business. That was probably my favorite Shafer philosophy.

I hope Dino isn't that hard lined, that if Palmer takes his visit to Tennessee and takes his visit to UCLA and then says, yup I'm sure SU is where I want to be, that he wouldn't take him.

We should stop trying to convince ourselves every WR in the country should be beating our doors down to play here. It makes sense to use and myself but the reality is we looked terrible last year to the casual observer and had a losing season.

We also don't have the flash of the SEC schools to throw around to recruits to make up for the lack of wins. When we win more, the high end recruiting will pick up.

Depends on what game you caught. The VaTech win wasn't a fluke.

But I agree - win and they will come.

First, I'm quoting this because people seem to have not read this.

If bcubs is right, then this isn't a policy I enjoy. I hate the idea of telling a kid he can't visit other places, and he needs to be 100% locked in. It's undoubtedly what we all want, but man it's a terrible way of doing business. That was probably my favorite Shafer philosophy.

I hope Dino isn't that hard lined, that if Palmer takes his visit to Tennessee and takes his visit to UCLA and then says, yup I'm sure SU is where I want to be, that he wouldn't take him.
Could also mean there are a few players knocking on the door and the inn was full. Maybe the ultimatum was a respectful way by Dino to say we can't hold your spot. Like I said before, let's move and find somone who wants to be here

It's going to take more than one year of a high octane offense to convince a lot of recruits we're Wide Receiver U. We need to maintain it, win and start drawing fans. We're competing here with a program that's winning again and draws 90,000 plus for games.
This... Tennessee vs cuse is about as lopsided as it gets. For now...

I strongly hope doors were not closed on him and he has the opportunity to visit SU and meet some of his future teammates. Am I right in assuming he has not been to campus before?
No. He visited before he committed in June.

I stead he. Gets to be told by Vols and all others that he will get to practice with the best sit with the best get tickets to all games get recruited over and finally look to transfer when he sits sits sits and watches

With how Etta Tawo did last season and his family being so close you would think we would be a perfect fit. I hope we replace him with a surprise recruit that nobody expected we could sign. Well, wishful thinking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom