Class of 2018 - WR Justin Shorter (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Justin Shorter (NJ) Offered

CuseLegacy

Sam Hellman ‏@SamHellmanScout 5h5 hours ago
Syracuse is the newest school to offer South Brunswick 2018 Justin Shorter, who played with Dontae Strickland

Over the summer, Franklin outlined his new position regarding players who seek to transfer. If they add their names to the transfer portal, Franklin said, they will lose their scholarships at the end of the semester.

Over the summer, Franklin outlined his new position regarding players who seek to transfer. If they add their names to the transfer portal, Franklin said, they will lose their scholarships at the end of the semester.
Franklin, a players coach all the way.

Someday, the good folks in Pennsylvania will carve his face from a pile of cow dung.

At least four members of Penn State’s 2018 football team are taking advantage of the NCAA’s new transfer portal to facilitate their potential departures from Happy Valley.
Juwan Johnson, Brandon Polk, Zech McPhearson, and Lamont Wade all submitted their names to the transfer portal last offseason, and former five-star recruit Justin Shorter reportedly entered the portal on November 26, 2019.

Someday, the good folks in Pennsylvania will carve his face from a pile of cow dung.
He is not popular at all. Many many many PSU fans are hoping he is hired away quickly this off season.

Corrected.

sutomcat said:

Someday, the good folks in Pennsylvania
will put his face in carve his face from a pile of cow dung.
He is not popular at all. Many many many PSU fans are hoping he is hired away quickly this off season.

The guy has always been a burnt turd. PSU had an opportunity to fix their broken football culture but instead resold their souls for some W's from this used car salesman.

James%2BFranklin%2BUsed%2BCars.jpg

I think Ped State fans had better be careful what they wish for. I think what they wish for is a white coach who they can relate to. Which might not be what the players wish for.

I hope we hit the portal hard. We have an opportunity to upgrade long-term depth at probably 3-4 positions based on the players in the portal right now. And maybe pick up a quality starter or 2.
This ^^^

I hope we hit the portal hard. We have an opportunity to upgrade long-term depth at probably 3-4 positions based on the players in the portal right now. And maybe pick up a quality starter or 2.
I agree, the problem is that everyone is thinking the same thing. Trying to fills holes from departing seniors or guys that didnt pan out. Even teams like LSU Clemson Bama and Georgia will look for transfers. Even if its just for depth.

I agree, the problem is that everyone is thinking the same thing. Trying to fills holes from departing seniors or guys that didnt pan out. Even teams like LSU Clemson Bama and Georgia will look for transfers. Even if its just for depth.
As I said, it's really crowded in that transfer portal. If I started a thread just posting all I see on twitter I could have another daily job.

True. But it makes it easier to follow if we just look at players who SU had expressed an interest in.

Last edited:

I don't have any delusions of grandeur but there has to be an opportunity for 3-4 quality adds for us out of such a stacked transfer portal.

According to 24/7, Shorter was the #8 recruit in the entire country, the second-highest Ped State recruit behind #5 Micah Parsons, and ESPN's #1-ranked WR in the class. I'd go after him in a Central New York minute.

Alot of these guys bought into the big program lights the first time around. Then they couldn't see the field so they're out. Many wont transfer to another big time school. They're looking for an opportunity to play. That's what can make SU attractive now. Still P5 football too.

Minnesota has a bunch of retreads from name schools who are playing for them right now.

I think it's a route you have to consider seriously if you're a program like SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom