Class of 2022 - WR Justus Ross-Simmons (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 WR Justus Ross-Simmons (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24)

I'm telling you, people keep sleeping on Hatcher.
Don't have no worries. OGII isn't %, and Meeks coming out of minor surgery so we need them and even one may 2 more reliable. Those guys get injured often so you need 3 deep.

Don't have no worries. OGII isn't %, and Meeks coming out of minor surgery so we need them and even one may 2 more reliable. Those guys get injured often so you need 3 deep.
Oh I'm not worried, it's just weird to me that there's this assumption it seems that everyone new is better than Hatcher.

Oh I'm not worried, it's just weird to me that there's this assumption it seems that everyone new is better than Hatcher.
No way, Hatcher was one of my guys when we started recruiting him. I believe it was him and OGII I was rooting that they would come to Cuse. He is really good and we would have done him better if we had a healthy QB throwing to him.

I'm telling you, people keep sleeping on Hatcher.
Well with the amount of WR we keep recruiting and with him being on the 2nd team now I think he may be the one that’s sleeping.

Well with the amount of WR we keep recruiting and with him being on the 2nd team now I think he may be the one that’s sleeping.
Hey cool can you share the two deep the staff has that you've seen with the rest of us?

At this moment in time no one on here knows anything about who is going or who is staying.
But all shall be revealed after Saturday.
Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

No way, Hatcher was one of my guys when we started recruiting him. I believe it was him and OGII I was rooting that they would come to Cuse. He is really good and we would have done him better if we had a healthy QB throwing to him.
Hatcher wasn't physically strong enough to compete at ACC level last year. The QB situation certainly didn't help, but he wasn't able to create separation against better talent

Hatcher wasn't physically strong enough to compete at ACC level last year. The QB situation certainly didn't help, but he wasn't able to create separation against better talent
He has the tools but definitely needs to improve physically.

He is a stud. I watched a weird amount of Colorado St football and he and Tory Horton are tons of fun. Yes, please.
Just watched his freshman tape from ‘22 and he was impressive for a freshman. Very comfortable catching in traffic and the middle of the field. Bring him back “home” Fran he is an immediate impact player. On top of the weapons we have, if we get this dude McCord will have more weapons than any QB has had here in a long long time.

I will just say I think we need a big strong WR who is tough and physical and can make catches with people on him. We really don't have that right now, though I am hopeful Meeks can also do this.

My opinion only: if he comes here, he will be our best WR in 2024. Haynes will get more yards per reception and OG might get more receptions. But this guy brings something to our team we really need.

ACC CBs are no joke. You need a grown man with skills to beat them. This guy can do it.

Last edited:
I will just say I think we need a big strong WR who is tough and physical and can make catches with people on him. We really don't have that right now, though I am hopeful Meeks can also do this.

My opinion only: if he comes here, he will be our best WR in 2024. Haynes will get more yards per reception and OG might get more receptions. But this guy brings something to our team we really need.

ACC CBs are no joke. You need a grown man with skills to beat them. This guy can do it.
There’s maybe a few wr’s in the country better than a healthy OG, covered or open.

That said - I’d love if we landed this kid and he gave McCord a proven second and/or third option

Hey cool can you share the two deep the staff has that you've seen with the rest of us?
You don't need a 2 deep - there's a reason Meeks / Haynes / Pena have been the most talked about during the spring. And they're still targeting WR's that can play immediately out of the portal. Do the math.

I agree, this guy is a go get the ball type of player and Meeks is the same. These 2 with Haynes the flier with OGII across the middle. Oh hell yah, I can see it. Let's roll. Go Orange

Don’t sleep on Peña. I heard directly from a coach’s mouth that they LOVE him. Just have to keep him on the field.
Every time he has been healthy, he has produced. He's dynamic. He has decent enough hands. Don't understand why some think he's a bit player. He's got game. Just sucks he's been hurt so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom