Class of 2019 - WR Ke'Andre Street (TX) Verbal to Houston | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Ke'Andre Street (TX) Verbal to Houston

2019 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
  • Jade Ashalintubbi, Elysian Fields, OL, 6-6, 331 —offers from Tulsa, ULM (2)
  • Darwin Barlow, Newton, RB, 6-0, 200 -- offers from Arkansas State, Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Southern Miss, TCU (5)
  • Chance Billington, John Tyler, OL, 6-3, 301 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Texas State (2)
  • Tamauzia Brown, Newton, ATH, 6-1, 170 -- offers from Arkansas State, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Southern Miss (4)
  • Keontae Burns, Pittsburg, ATH, 6-3, 182 — offers from Arkansas, Iowa State, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State (6)
  • Cameron Cantrell, Whitehouse, WR, 6-1, 180 -- committed to Texas Tech (1)
  • Coltin Clack, Texas High, QB, 6-3, 202 — offers from Florida Atlantic, SMU, Southern Miss (3)
  • Josh Foster, Newton, ATH, 6-0, 165 -- offer from Arkansas State (1)
  • Christian Hood, Marshall, OL, 6-2, 290 — offer from Southern Miss (1)
  • T.Q. Jackson, Jefferson, WR, 6-2, 175 — offers from Arkansas, SMU, Southern Miss (3)
  • Beaux Limmer, Tyler Lee, OL, 6-5, 250 -- offer from Texas State (1)
  • Darius Richardson, West Rusk, DL, 6-3, 288 -- offer from Texas State (1)
  • Keivie Rose, Henderson, DE, 6-4, 220 — offers from Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, SMU, Southern Miss, Tulane (5)
  • Ke'Andre Street, John Tyler, WR, 6-4, 190 -- offers from Houston, Syracuse (2)
  • Carl Williams, Lufkin, DT, 6-3, 275 — offers from Arkansas, Houston, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Tulsa (6)
  • Marcus Williams, Longview, OL, 6-6, 250 — offers from Baylor, Houston, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State (5)
  • Keshon Williams, Pine Tree, ATH, 6-4, 230 — offer from Texas State (1)

BEDFORD, Texas -- Ke'Andre Street is a big-framed 2019 receiver from talent-laden John Tyler High School in East Texas.

Street has picked up his first two FBS offers, which came from Houston and Syracuse.

"From Syracuse, I talk to coach (Dino) Babers, the head coach," said the 6-foot-3, 195-pound Street, who got the Orange offer Dec. 17. "He likes my game and I'm the type of receiver he looks for being big and physical, and knowing how to run routes and get open."

Houston had recruited Street for a while before pulling the trigger on an offer Dec. 2. Houston offensive coordinator Brian Johnson recruited Street for the Cougars, but he has since left UH for a position on the new staff at Florida.

Since Johnson's departure for Florida, Street has been in contact with Houston director of player personnel Preston Pehrson.

Both offers make sense as Street has connections to Houston and Syracuse. Houston has established an impressive pipeline in recent years to John Tyler High School, which has provided the Coogs with players such as Greg Ward Jr., Tyus Bowser, and Braylon Jones.

But Syracuse signed a JT standout in December -- 2018 linebacker Tre Allison -- as well as another player from a Tyler school -- 2018 quarterback Chance Amie, who plays for rival Tyler Lee.

Street said he's considering offseason visits.

"I'm definitely going to take a visit to Syracuse," Street said. "I've been talking to Texas. TCU wants me to visit. I talked to Gary Patterson. Texas, (receivers) coach Drew (Mehringer). I texted him Friday and just told him congratulations on the win in the bowl game, and he just said keep in touch."

Street said he has also gotten interest from Texas Tech.

As a junior this past fall, Street caught 36 passes for 873 yards and 11 touchdowns on 24.3 yards per reception.

Street said he's aware of his strengths as a receiver and what he needs to improve for his senior campaign.

"Catching the ball and getting open," Street said of his strengths. "I'm mainly working on my route-running and finding different ways to get open."

Any wide receiver should want to be playing in this offense. Hell, a kid with decent skills and speed can lead the conference in receiving. Imagine what a kid with real size, speed and skill could do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom