Class of 2018 - WR Kevin Johnson Jr (NJ/IMG) PWO SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Kevin Johnson Jr (NJ/IMG) PWO SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Um, seriously, what's the hold up here? The kids offer list is gonna blow up! Why haven't we offered? Does Dino and company play the role of the stud in HS that digs girls but wont let them know it. Treat them like crap and they dig you more? Works with chicks, but not sure it works with 16-18 yo stud athletes looking to find a school to play at. Offer the kid already, be his first OFFER!

Ish88888 said:
Um, seriously, what's the hold up here? The kids offer list is gonna blow up! Why haven't we offered? Does Dino and company play the role of the stud in HS that digs girls but wont let them know it. Treat them like crap and they dig you more? Works with chicks, but not sure it works with 16-18 yo stud athletes looking to find a school to play at. Offer the kid already, be his first OFFER!

If he's good enough to get a scholarship, they'll offer. That's it.

Maybe we have higher targets on the board, and maybe we don't think he fits our system. That's more important than his name.

Maybe we have higher targets on the board, and maybe we don't think he fits our system. That's more important than his name.

Maybe you are right, but this kid is gonna be a 3-4 star with a long list of offers in about 6 months. The cuse fb name doesn't have the luxury of picking and choosing kids like this, especially pedigree talents like this that are begging to be orange.

bnoro said:

Nope as long as hes not a long stretch talent wise which I don't think he is at all, you teach the system to a stud legacy player that wants to be here.

Its easy recruiting/retention of a 3-4 star guy that will sell the university so hard to other recruits. Immediate fan and other player alum engagement as well as an engaged alum player that is allowed to sell recruits' parents because he is also a parent is Priceless.

Maybe you are right, but this kid is gonna be a 3-4 star with a long list of offers in about 6 months. The cuse fb name doesn't have the luxury of picking and choosing kids like this, especially pedigree talents like this that are begging to be orange.
He doesn't even have a P5 offer yet! I'm not saying I don't want a legacy recruit, but if the staff doesn't think he'll play at SU, then they shouldn't take him.

aaaannnd you know this how? have you seen him play?

He doesn't even have a P5 offer yet! I'm not saying I don't want a legacy recruit, but if the staff doesn't think he'll play at SU, then they shouldn't take him.

It could just be that he's class of 2018, so they aren't in an immediate rush.

Playing against Nykeim Johnson.

I have to imagine that both of these guys have to be licking their lips at what they can do in this offense. KJ can tell his dad that I broke all your records if he does come to SU.

I am not totally sure on this, but as much as we like KJ for the legacy thing of it, I don't think he has an offer. Preferred walk-on maybe?

I am not totally sure on this, but as much as we like KJ for the legacy thing of it, I don't think he has an offer. Preferred walk-on maybe?
His dad still heavily involved with program behind the scenes ... He was at UConn game with Tebucky Jones as guests of Jason Poles.

I get the feeling he will end up a PWO

He's very passionate about his dad's alma mater. It doesn't seem to be in the cards for him to get a scholarship at this point. He does have some time as he's class of '18. I'm pretty sure he either came up for a camp or was at the satellite camp in NJ. I'd love to see him as a PWO, but wish him the best wherever he ends up.

DFIXbpXUMAEcPyH.jpg:large

Previous
Next

Kevin Johnson Jr.⁵ @kjohns0n5 Jul 19
pic.twitter.com/cY3W4lx0a4

Didn't see that coming. Good for him. Seems like a nice kid. Wanted to come to Cuse in the worst way.