Class of 2016 - WR Michael Irvin, Jr. (FL) Verbal to Miami | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Michael Irvin, Jr. (FL) Verbal to Miami

So hey, you know in Dave and Buster's they have that basketball game (not pop a shot, actual hoops side by side with actual basketballs)? About 5 years ago, I wound up playing that against Michael Irvin Jr (pretty obvious to figure out this 12 year old kid was Irvin's kid since, ya know, Irvin was there right next to him). I actually shot well and was beating pretty much everyone else, but Irvin's kid walked up and DID NOT MISS. I mean it was ridiculous. I think he scored about 45 points in that 30 second span.

You shouldve gone down on a knee and taken that round off.

So hey, you know in Dave and Buster's they have that basketball game (not pop a shot, actual hoops side by side with actual basketballs)? About 5 years ago, I wound up playing that against Michael Irvin Jr (pretty obvious to figure out this 12 year old kid was Irvin's kid since, ya know, Irvin was there right next to him). I actually shot well and was beating pretty much everyone else, but Irvin's kid walked up and DID NOT MISS. I mean it was ridiculous. I think he scored about 45 points in that 30 second span.

If the kid beat you down you must be saying he is the most amazing athlete ever and must get recruit ; )

If the kid beat you down you must be saying he is the most amazing athlete ever and must get recruit ; )
The most shocking thing was how quiet and reserved Michael Irvin was that night. I don't think I actually heard him speak (and I made it a point to just happen by the booth where he was eating, etc, pretty frequently...which was easy since it was about two tables down from my wife and me).

I would love to get "The Playmaker Jr" at the Cuse. That kid could be a Big star here in NYC if he comes North

SU offered Puff Daddy's son, too, right? When you have these kids with famous fathers, you truly are recruiting more than just the athlete. Having Michael Irvin in the stands on Saturday, then on NFL Network on Sunday is a recruiting tool in and of itself.

how come the interviewer of the article picked lsu and florida state and not miami for the camaro offer? he ended up at miami.

Dude is clearly gonna be a monster at the next level. Gotta believe he follows in daddy's footsteps at the next level, but man if we could pull him away...

brian-griffin-jaw-drop-o.gif

Free Article from 2012 when he was playing in Texas as a Freshman...

http://247sports.com/Article/Hall-of-Famer-Michael-Irvin-talks-his-son-Michael-Irvin-Jr-94978

Irvin Jr. making name for himself

PLANO, Texas – Plano Prestonwood Christian may play in the private schools ranks of the state of Texas but the Lions are incredibly competitive and feature prospects such as Top247 linebacker Mike Mitchell and Ole Miss tight end commit Christian Morgan. The team moved 6-0 on the year after defeating Dallas Bishop Dunne 41-13 on Friday evening.

7_675786.jpg

Michael Irvin Jr. is on the radar for the Class of 2016.
One of the standouts for the Lions in that victory was a freshman wide receiver who caught five passes for 53 yards, including a 23-yard touchdown reception. Though it is rare for freshmen to play, yet less start, on varsity, Michael Irvin Jr. certainly has the skillset and pedigree to do so.

The son of former Miami Hurricane and Dallas Cowboy great Michael Irvin, the talented young prospect already stands at 6-foot-2 and 195 pounds. The Hall of Fame receiver enjoys getting to watch his son in the spotlight.

“It’s the ultimate joy,” the elder Irvin said. “It’s Friday night football. Friday night football in Texas is equal to Friday night football in Florida. If we’re not in Florida, where I would love to have him growing up, there is no better place than Texas because football means so much here. Those are the football states – Florida, Texas, California. I was fortunate enough to live in two of them so I’m blessed that way.”

The senior Irvin sees a lot of himself in his son but also knows he is still young and learning the game.

“Well I hope so. That’s what we watch and pattern,” he said as to his son having the same type of game as him. “It’s exciting to see him out there. He’s a big kid and I try to talk to him about coming off the press, getting in and out of routes and things like that. We’re in the formidable years though. He’s young. He hasn’t been playing wide receiver a lot of years because, as you play little league, they won’t let you carry the ball if you’re heavier. He was a big kid and he’s still a big kid.

“I just tell him to keep working on his game right now. ‘Don’t get caught up in all these rankings. Don’t even get caught up in personal battles. You just want to personally get better every day.”

With recruiting getting earlier and earlier and the fact that he has a famous name, fans have already started talking about Irvin Jr. However, the family is not even thinking of that process yet.

“Michael’s just a freshman,” Irvin Sr. said. “He’s just a freshman right now so we’re not worried about the recruiting process. We’re working on him maintaining his game and trying to be the best that he can be – on the field and in the classroom, understanding the responsibilities of being a leader and his responsibility to his team.

“All of that stuff – recruiting and where people have him ranked – I’m not going to worry about that stuff. It doesn’t matter if you’re ranked No. 1, 2, 3, 10, 20, 40, 50 right now, you’ve just got to play ball, enjoy the game and get your work done in school. In the end, all that will work itself out.”

While he does not want to focus on the recruiting process, the Miami native definitely has a preferred destination for his son when the time comes.

“My exact words to Mike were this – ‘There are some choices God gives us and some He doesn’t.’ He can’t choose his mom, his dad, his brothers or sisters or what school he goes to. Everything else, he can choose. He WILL go to the University of Miami,” Irvin Sr. said laughing.

CuseLegacy said:
Free Article from 2012 when he was playing in Texas as a Freshman... http://No links to . . . allowed o...el-Irvin-talks-his-son-Michael-Irvin-Jr-94978 Irvin Jr. making name for himself PLANO, Texas – Plano Prestonwood Christian may play in the private schools ranks of the state of Texas but the Lions are incredibly competitive and feature prospects such as Top247 linebacker Mike Mitchell and Ole Miss tight end commit Christian Morgan. The team moved 6-0 on the year after defeating Dallas Bishop Dunne 41-13 on Friday evening. Michael Irvin Jr. is on the radar for the Class of 2016. One of the standouts for the Lions in that victory was a freshman wide receiver who caught five passes for 53 yards, including a 23-yard touchdown reception. Though it is rare for freshmen to play, yet less start, on varsity, Michael Irvin Jr. certainly has the skillset and pedigree to do so. The son of former Miami Hurricane and Dallas Cowboy great Michael Irvin, the talented young prospect already stands at 6-foot-2 and 195 pounds. The Hall of Fame receiver enjoys getting to watch his son in the spotlight. “It’s the ultimate joy,” the elder Irvin said. “It’s Friday night football. Friday night football in Texas is equal to Friday night football in Florida. If we’re not in Florida, where I would love to have him growing up, there is no better place than Texas because football means so much here. Those are the football states – Florida, Texas, California. I was fortunate enough to live in two of them so I’m blessed that way.” The senior Irvin sees a lot of himself in his son but also knows he is still young and learning the game. “Well I hope so. That’s what we watch and pattern,” he said as to his son having the same type of game as him. “It’s exciting to see him out there. He’s a big kid and I try to talk to him about coming off the press, getting in and out of routes and things like that. We’re in the formidable years though. He’s young. He hasn’t been playing wide receiver a lot of years because, as you play little league, they won’t let you carry the ball if you’re heavier. He was a big kid and he’s still a big kid. “I just tell him to keep working on his game right now. ‘Don’t get caught up in all these rankings. Don’t even get caught up in personal battles. You just want to personally get better every day.” With recruiting getting earlier and earlier and the fact that he has a famous name, fans have already started talking about Irvin Jr. However, the family is not even thinking of that process yet. “Michael’s just a freshman,” Irvin Sr. said. “He’s just a freshman right now so we’re not worried about the recruiting process. We’re working on him maintaining his game and trying to be the best that he can be – on the field and in the classroom, understanding the responsibilities of being a leader and his responsibility to his team. “All of that stuff – recruiting and where people have him ranked – I’m not going to worry about that stuff. It doesn’t matter if you’re ranked No. 1, 2, 3, 10, 20, 40, 50 right now, you’ve just got to play ball, enjoy the game and get your work done in school. In the end, all that will work itself out.” While he does not want to focus on the recruiting process, the Miami native definitely has a preferred destination for his son when the time comes. “My exact words to Mike were this – ‘There are some choices God gives us and some He doesn’t.’ He can’t choose his mom, his dad, his brothers or sisters or what school he goes to. Everything else, he can choose. He WILL go to the University of Miami,” Irvin Sr. said laughing.

That was not encouraging.

That was not encouraging.

That was from 3 years ago, and if you have teenagers, you know a lot can change in three years. Some battles are not worth the fight as a parent.

CuseLegacy said:
Something to keep in mind the Miami of today is not the Miami of his fathers' playing days.

I'm with you :). I'm not sure we are the Syracuse of his fathers playing days either - BUT - as you know I'm optimistic to a fault. Let's get this kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom