Class of 2018 - WR Nate Bauer (OH) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Nate Bauer (OH) Offered

3-Star ATH Nate Bauer Holds P-5 Offers
http://img.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./sites/default/files/styles/author/public/2016/02/02/2016-02-02_173502.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Bill Greene
6:11 AM

Akron Hoban is coming off consecutive state titles in Ohio, and the roster returns plenty of top talent. Nate Bauer is a 2018 prospect that can play either side of the football.

//widgets.boxxspring.com/MzAsNDE1MDA1MjE

Playing for a high school team that features several college prospects can cause some players to be overlooked, but that is not the case for Akron (OH) Hoban athlete Nate Bauer.

Possessing the ability to play either wide receiver or safety at the next level, Bauer has already caught the attention of college recruiters. He holds six offers.

"The latest offers have been from Syracuse and Minnesota, as well as Toledo, Buffalo and Akron," Bauer stated. "I was offered by Boston College earlier. The Syracuse offer was huge to me, and (assistant coach) Tom Kaufman has been to my school."

"I was at Syracuse for a junior day and really liked everything about the program," he added. "I was offered by Coach (Dino) Babers, and they see me as a defensive back. I'm considering them highly and I want to go back there."

"The Minnesota offer was huge because it's the Big Ten, and I have a former teammate, Ted Stieber, playing there," he explained. "I know they just hired P.J. Fleck, and I know he's going to do good things. I want to visit there this spring."

Bauer has no preference for either side of the football, and that will not play a part in his decision.

"It doesn't matter to me which position I play, and that won't factor into my decision," he stressed. "I'm going to go to the program where I feel most comfortable. My coach told me that Wisconsin and Iowa are starting to show interest."

3-Star ATH Nate Bauer Holds P-5 Offers
http://img.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./sites/default/files/styles/author/public/2016/02/02/2016-02-02_173502.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Bill Greene
6:11 AM

Akron Hoban is coming off consecutive state titles in Ohio, and the roster returns plenty of top talent. Nate Bauer is a 2018 prospect that can play either side of the football.

//widgets.boxxspring.com/MzAsNDE1MDA1MjE

Playing for a high school team that features several college prospects can cause some players to be overlooked, but that is not the case for Akron (OH) Hoban athlete Nate Bauer.

Possessing the ability to play either wide receiver or safety at the next level, Bauer has already caught the attention of college recruiters. He holds six offers.

"The latest offers have been from Syracuse and Minnesota, as well as Toledo, Buffalo and Akron," Bauer stated. "I was offered by Boston College earlier. The Syracuse offer was huge to me, and (assistant coach) Tom Kaufman has been to my school."

"I was at Syracuse for a junior day and really liked everything about the program," he added. "I was offered by Coach (Dino) Babers, and they see me as a defensive back. I'm considering them highly and I want to go back there."

"The Minnesota offer was huge because it's the Big Ten, and I have a former teammate, Ted Stieber, playing there," he explained. "I know they just hired P.J. Fleck, and I know he's going to do good things. I want to visit there this spring."

Bauer has no preference for either side of the football, and that will not play a part in his decision.

"It doesn't matter to me which position I play, and that won't factor into my decision," he stressed. "I'm going to go to the program where I feel most comfortable. My coach told me that Wisconsin and Iowa are starting to show interest."
I feel like PJ Fleck is going to be a real pain in the... now that he is in a P5 position. The kids we go after, and they will go after, will overlap a lot. Especially as we continue to recruit the midwest.

“I’ve visited Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, Toledo, and Kentucky as of late. I’m still trying to get to Minnesota as well,” Bauer said.

Bauer is working on return visits to Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, and others after his initial round of visits – the first two for spring practices and the latter for the Orange’s April 22nd spring game. A visit to Pitt for junior day was one of the more notable visits for Bauer on his recent spring tour of college football programs."

Crystal ball has him as committed

Just for clarification 24/7 doesn't show him committed but it's their prediction he will commit. And he just received an offer from UMD.

Are we offering as a WR or a CB?

Good question, that might go a long way in predicting just how comfy he is with SU. The last 6 posts have been confusing in gauging his interest level.

Good question, that might go a long way in predicting just how comfy he is with SU. The last 6 posts have been confusing in gauging his interest level.

I could be way off but I generally get the feeling that either his offer is not committable, yet, or we're no longer pursuing. Bill Greene's tweet doesn't even mention us and a few months ago Bauer was talking about being very high on us. Seems odd that he wouldn't even mention us now.

I could be way off but I generally get the feeling that either his offer is not committable, yet, or we're no longer pursuing. Bill Greene's tweet doesn't even mention us and a few months ago Bauer was talking about being very high on us. Seems odd that he wouldn't even mention us now.

Very true, i went back and read, ty for tour take. Makes plenty of sense. Recruiting is a bizarre endeavour.

I wonder what 10 players the staff has on their wish list.

i think you have to start with 'whats the need' and then who are the top players at that need position. IMO Defensive Tackle went to the top of the list and it's line line line line (DE, DT, OL) , a QB, then you can fill out with a guy like the LB in Ohio or a bigger WR. Needs might change during the year and of course a decommit or 2 will change things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom