Class of 2017 - WR Nykeim Johnson (DC) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Nykeim Johnson (DC) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Offers from UNC-Charlotte, Delaware, Bucknell, BGSU, Navy, Army, Hawaii, Towson, Robert Morris, Fordham, CCU, UVA, Syracuse

This kid would be great for stretching out the field, and has soft hands.

Free Article

Syracuse offered Washington, D.C., receiver Nykeim Johnson, who now has a top three.

Nykeim Johnson proved his ability during a weekend camp showing at Syracuse, and now the Washington (D.C.) Friendship receivers has a top three and a decision could be coming soon.

Johnson's top three are Syracuse, Virginia and Charlotte, and he is now getting strong interest from Illinois and Louisville.

"I'm getting close to a decision," said Johnson who measured in at 5-foot-7, 157 pounds at The Opening Regional in Virginia in April. "I should be visiting a few places. I've been to Illinois already. I was thinking about going back to Syracuse again, and UVa, but I'm not sure yet."

One thing schools love about Johnson is his speed. He clocked in at 4.42 seconds in the 40-yard dash at The Opening event. He ran well at Syracuse, which is now in a strong position after Sunday's camp performance.

"It was a very intense camp," he said. "I liked the way everyone came out and competed. It was like a fight out there because everyone was trying to get evaluated. They said they like how tough I am, how fast I am, and just that I'm aggressive."

Aside from the camp, Johnson said he liked the message and coaching style of coach Dino Babers and his staff.

"(Babers) is a great guy, is cool and he's going to coach you hard and at the same time, he's going to always give you advice," Johnson said. "He wants to see the best out of you. He wants to see good character, a good football player and great academics.

"Some of the players were telling me everything is going to be quick, everything is going to be fast, so they are trying to recruit guys that are very fast."

Babers came across as a high-energy, high-tempo coach.

"The way he talks, it's like, 'Man, everything is going to be fast,' " Johnson said. "Everything is going to be high tempo, everything is about speed. He made sure that was clear."

ClgaxUlVEAEYROK.jpg:large

OrangeXtreme said:

Sounds like we should be on commitment watch in less than 30 min ;). I like.

The good news is the only change to his twitter handle is to capitalize the y at the end then he will be Ny in NY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom