Class of 2017 - WR Nykeim Johnson (DC) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Nykeim Johnson (DC) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Like that he catches everything with his hands. I can see him taking a few inside slants a long, long way.
Ever since Torry Holt killed us with slants, I have been wanting that kind of threat. Even our guys with speed don't seem to be a threat with the slant. I hope that changes with new a new offense. I don't know much about x's and o's, I just know I love to watch a speedy guy in orange catch a short slant and then just slice through the defense on his way to a long gain.

I liked that QB as well. Pretty much hit him in stride every time. I like Johnson's subtle changes of direction on his routes. Home run hitter.

Just wonder if, at 157, he can withstand the rigors...

I liked that QB as well. Pretty much hit him in stride every time. I like Johnson's subtle changes of direction on his routes. Home run hitter.

Agreed. But on the flipside, he's just entering his senior year of high school. He has time to improve his physique, and should develop once he gets into a collegiate S&C program.

RF2044 said:
Agreed. But on the flipside, he's just entering his senior year of high school. He has time to improve his physique, and should develop once he gets into a collegiate S&C program.

Yeah - I think the encouraging side is that he is built right. I think Estime is a very good comp that way.

1st time he steps on the field during a game is likely September of 2018 after a redshirt year. That's a lonnnnnnng time from today. Should easily be up to 170-175 by then.

1st time he steps on the field during a game is likely September of 2018 after a redshirt year. That's a lonnnnnnng time from today. Should easily be up to 170-175 by then.
Besides, players with his quickness and elusiveness rarely take big hits.

Hate to sound negative but some of his comments didn't sound like he 100% solid. Hope the coaching staff can build a relationship with him that would him really think twice about jumping ship.

Hate to sound negative but some of his comments didn't sound like he 100% solid. Hope the coaching staff can build a relationship with him that would him really think twice about jumping ship.

95% of this kids that commit do not seem solid. It's the way things are now. DeVito is a rare bird these days.

Pretty sure that's how all commitments are, he just said it out loud.

Nykeim, welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!
Nykeim A Johnson6_4496936.jpg

Last edited:
I think he's going to be my pick for most immediate impact in this class. Kid is a dynamic athlete and I think he will make a play for PR and maybe even get in the 2 deep at slot WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom