Class of 2015 - WR/OLB Alex Parkinson (NY) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/OLB Alex Parkinson (NY) Offered

Uconn offered today. Always good to add schools to the beat out list

Varsity Insider‏@ 26m
Mamaroneck WR Alex Parkinson was offered by Rutgers and Rhode Island today.

Anybody know his status? I thought it was rumored around here he would commit on or right after his visit. Hoping we can land him

Ya I really like this kid a lot. Looks like other schools are taking notice as well. He's got great potential I hope we can nab him.

Syracuse football pulls offer from Frank Battle after another WR/TE commits, high school coach says

"Coach Acosta was telling me that the guys that they have now, they have good blocking, but their route-running isn't all that great," Battle said. "He thinks that I can really add to that."

And before Battle left on Saturday, Shafer told him there would be only one scholarship given at the 'Y' position and the Orange had made three offers.

One to Battle. One to an Alex from New York State (presumably Alex Parkinson). And one to a third target.

Battle flew home, consulted his mother Sunday night and decided he would commit to the Orange after speaking with his coach, Richard Stuart, before practice on Monday.

"We pretty much came to the decision to commit, give a verbal commitment, Syracuse is my best school right now and has the most to offer," Battle said.

But he never got the chance. McDonald called Stuart that morning to tell him that another player had committed Sunday night.

Battle called back, and all McDonald could say was to keep in touch as a verbal commitment is non-binding, especially considering schools can't actually offer scholarships until Aug. 1 of a player's senior season.

"Frank waited too long," Stuart said.

Regarding the player's commitment on Sunday, Parkinson has not committed to Syracuse, he wrote in a text message on Monday. That leaves the third player, who is unknown at this time.

Who's this mystery guy?!

You guessed it: Frank Stallone.
th

At least someone appreciates the comedic stylings of Norm Macdonald. Check out his podcast if you haven't yet. It is a great time! https://www.youtube.com/user/NormMacdonaldLive

I love the "jokes" portion of Norm's podcast. I laughed my balls off at this exchange from last week's show:

Carl Reiner: "Sid (Caesar) set the template for everybody. There would be no comedy without Sid. Greatest sketch comedian that ever lived."

Norm Macdonald: "What about Nora Dunn?"

Last edited:
Alex Parkinson, a 6-5, 215-pound junior tight end from Mamaroneck (N.Y.), did not camp at Rutgers this past weekend but visited skills camp, accompanied by his parents, and received an offer from Kyle Flood.
"I went down to visit last Friday. I got a chance to meet with almost all the coaches," said Parkinson. "I also got a chance to see all the facilities. I had a great time. Rutgers is definitely a school I'm interested in."
Parkinson had been talking to tight ends coach Anthony Campanile for a month before the offer was extended. He has yet to decide when he'll make a decision, but says he is looking for "a school with both good football and good academics."
He also holds offers from Pitt, Syracuse, UConn and Cornell.
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...d_knight_skills_camp_offeree_impressions.html

Anyone know if he is visiting again or if he has set a time frame for committing?

Anyone know if he is visiting again or if he has set a time frame for committing?
No timeframe as the offer list has grown. Originally it was going to be June and then it got pushed out to before the Sr. Season a month or so ago... I think the latest heard was that he's going to take his time and weigh all of his options.

i heard rumbling as well weighing his options but sound liked it could becoming soon because he wanted to try to figure it out by dead period ends if not he will look to take another round of visits.