Class of 2015 - WR/QB Donavan Hale (FL) Verbal to Indiana | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/QB Donavan Hale (FL) Verbal to Indiana

CuseLegacy

FWIW White and Lester are following him. He plays for Largo and is a team mate of Jonathan Crawford (Offered) but seems to be a little injury prone.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1079335/donavan-hale

BIG COUNTY PREPS ‏@BigCountyPreps1 Aug 5
OK, Outside of Byron Cowart and George Campbell, I think Donavan Hale and Jonathan Crawford may be the BEST AVAILABLE uncommitted!

Holds D1 offers for both BB and FB.

FB offers include... Louisville, Minnie, Wisconsin, Indiana

Maybe another guy we can entice because of our hoops program and the ability to walk on for a HOF coach?

Maybe another guy we can entice because of our hoops program and the ability to walk on for a HOF coach?

Maybe. Crawford and Hale also hold some of the same offers.

Hm, Edouard.
Mc says nothing to do with Edouard, I would side with him on that, but to recruit 5 QBs over 3 classes is odd when we have a great shot at Sonny Abramson

Last edited by a moderator:
Mc says nothing to do with Edouard, I would side with him on that, but to recruit 5 QBs over 3 classes is odd when we have a great shot at Sonny Abramson
Could be just a numbers game, keep throwing bodies at it until they find someone who sticks. I wonder if they're less than thrilled with the development of Wilson & Kimble and are hedging their bets. As long as you're getting guys who could switch positions it's a decent gamble.

I think you’re right with your first hunch. People are talking a good game to the press but you have to read between the lines and the reality of the situation. Edouard might not show up and this kid is probably insurance. Staff’s typically like to have 1 QB in every class.

They’ll know the first week of Jan where they stand with Alin. Alin bails and in all likelihood they'll try to bring in another QB. I can't see us bringing in both (2 qbs).

Last edited:
Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 5m
Asked Shafer about offering a 2015 QB. "Recruiting is fluid."

Phil D'Abbraccio‏@PhilDAbb 9m
Shafer on recruiting: "It's constantly changing. That's why I don't have a lot of hair."

BxyI47yIYAEXi88.jpg:large

Well, he's definitely got the right measurables, very raw prospect as a QB though.

There is nothing but upside with a recruit like this. You bring him in, give him a shot at QB while he redshirts, it doesn't work out and he's a natural transition to WR/TE. If it works out, then you've got a big physical kid who can play QB.

It might also be because one of the current QBs might be transferring.

Is that just speculation? Or are you hiding something :)

I know it's not Hunt, Wilson or Edouard - so that leaves two options if there are legs to that story.

From the coach's show:

"The best high school players play running back or quarterback. I love to recruit those guys. I like to recruit guys who play more than one positoin- running back and safety, for example. I also like guys who played more than one sport. Everyone is specialized now. It’s a shame. I used to play all of those sports. There are a lot of over-use injuries these days.”