Class of 2015 - WR/QB Spencer Tears (IL) Verbal to NIU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/QB Spencer Tears (IL) Verbal to NIU

CuseLegacy

BxIrXWOIYAA_Epn.jpg:large

http://huskercorner.com/2014/06/04/nebraska-football-recruiting-spencer-tears-decommits/

The Oak Lawn, IL native originally committed to the Huskers in April after the Red-White Spring Game. He’s now ranked as the No. 85 receiver and No. 10 in-state prospect by the 247Sports Composite Index. Other offers Tears currently holds include Indiana, Purdue, Ball State and Bowling Green among others.
It’s quite possible that upon the news of Damore’ea Stringfellow’s transfer becoming official, Tears decided to opt out. Keep in mind that Stringfellow will have two years invested at the college level, regardless of whether he’s granted a waiver to play immediately.
This may actually be a win-win for both sides. Nebraska now goes into a recruit’s home with them being aware of the transfer and knowing where they sit should they commit.
While it’s never fun to see a decommitment, Tears’ departure from the Huskers’ commit list seems best for both parties. The Big Red now sits at 10 commitments for this cycle.

Free blurb...

Steve Wiltfong‏@ 29m
#Syracuse recruits Chicago as hard as any program, offered Oak Lawn (IL Richards 2015 WR Spencer Tears yesterday...

Syracuse Offers Chicago WR
34 minutes ago
Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer loves recruiting the Chicago-area.
On Tuesday, the Orange extended a scholarship to another Windy City talent.
Oak Lawn (Ill.) Richards receiver Spencer Tears confirmed to 2/47Sports that Syracuse had offered.
Syracuse joins the likes of Louisville, Indiana and Purdue to offer the former Nebraska pledge.
Ranked by the 2/47Sports Composite as the No. 10 player overall in the state of Illinois and the nation's No. 68 receiver, the 6-foot-2, 175-pound Tears says he has not scheduled any official visits. He is not expected to make another decision until late in the recruiting process.
Syracuse currently has two commits from Chicagoland in 2015 after taking five in 2014

Spencer Tears "For Fears"

Sign him up.

This is a curious offer no?

I looked up the future depth chart based upon your question and found we aren't as solid at reciever as all of the early season numbers led us to believe. I think that Cooper leaving opened up a WR spot with a nice sell of being the only WR taken in the 2015 class. I think its a good move to try and get a quality WR this class.

WR position next year (eligibility wise as best as i could figure)

Sr. - Broyld; Funderburke

Jr. - Cornelius; Estime; B. Lewis

Soph. - Avant; Ishmael; Custis (TE/WR hybrid)

RSFrosh. - Enoicy (assumption that he doesn't see field this year)

Entering 2015 and moreso 2016 we're gonna need help at the position.

I looked up the future depth chart based upon your question and found we aren't as solid at reciever as all of the early season numbers led us to believe. I think that Cooper leaving opened up a WR spot with a nice sell of being the only WR taken in the 2015 class. I think its a good move to try and get a quality WR this class.

Yeah Cooper leaving and KJ not materializing probably made WR a priority again.

I think you nailed it, I think SU should absolutely bring in another WR recruit for next year.

HARDWORK!‏@CeroCinco_5 12m
@Im_Uno1 congrats bro you doing big things hurry up and heal and get back on the field
1f4aa.png
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png

Richards Bulldogs@Bulldog_Nationn · 3h
@Im_Uno1 take off friday. Make up for those two games! Go crazy !

http://dailyorange.com/2014/09/shafer-discusses-adjustments-during-recruiting-process/

During Scott Shafer’s time on the Atlantic Coast Conference coaches’ teleconference on Wednesday, recruiting became a brief topic of discussion.
A reporter asked a question regarding Syracuse’s approach to recruiting wide receivers considering the departure of H-back Corey Cooper, who announced his decision to transfer last month, and the academic ineligibility of four-star prospect K.J. Williams, who was supposed to join Syracuse in time for this season.
Syracuse has interest in 10 uncommitted wide receivers in the Class of 2015, according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.. Shafer didn’t address the wide receiver spectrum specifically, but offered some insight to his mind as a recruiter.
“In this day and age, it’s very fluid. It never finishes where it starts,” Shafer said. “You have to be in the mode of being able to adjust as things come up — injuries, transfers, positional moves. I tell my guys all the time we’re going into the season with a plan and then we’ll readjust as we move forward depending upon all those factors that you have to take into account.”
Although Syracuse has gathered what it has of the class in record time, the Orange only has one pass-catcher, West Lindor — a two-star tight end — verbally pledged to its Class of 2015. On the current roster, Syracuse has a freshman wideout in Steve Ishmael and two freshmen tight ends in Adly Enoicy and Jamal Custis.
“For us, it’s fluid and it’ll be ever-changing and moving, as it will be for a lot of recruits as well,” Shafer said. “That’s the reality of what it is. Never a dull moment.”

We could possibly take 2 wr's with KJ and Cooper leaving.

Here is the story from the above post..

http://highschoolcubenews.com/2014/09/14/beth-longs-weekly-recruiting-roundup-4/

By Beth Long FoxSports NEXT
Sept. 14 7:46 p.m.

Richards senior wide receiver Spencer Tears added another offer, from Syracuse.
“My head coach Tony Sheehan told me I should be getting a call from Syracuse in a few [days], and when they called me they told me right away they wanted to offer me,” Tears said.
As for the Orangemen, Tears has some homework to do on the program, but his first impression is very positive.
“I mean I don’t really know much about them overall,” Tears said. “But I do know they have a heck of a program out there.”
The 6-2, 180-pound prospect has additional offers from Louisville, Purdue, Indiana, Western Michigan and Toledo. Tears had originally committed to Nebraska before deciding to take a step back and explore his options further.
Top uncommitted seniors
There are only a few top prospects left on the recruiting board when it comes to the senior class in the area.
Three-star Lake Forest Academy defensive lineman Wesley Annan has picked up a recent offer from Virginia and is enjoying the recruiting process. “Recruiting is good, just letting things happen right now,” Annan said.
The 6-5, 280-pound athlete has offers from Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, Duke, Syracuse and Toledo at this point.
“Every coach has told me this and it’s probably one of the best things about recruiting, for some guys it can be a negative part of recruiting, but just the attention is the best part,” Annan said. “This is one of the few times we all get noticed and looked at and everyone wants you, and you get mad love from schools and their fans.
“Yet, you have to realize that in February you are gonna have to start as a freshman again and build a better you. That is exciting and only scary if you let it be.”
And as for making a decision, Annan is focusing on his senior season right now and will make a decision when the time is right.
“I have no idea when I’ll commit,” Annan said. “I like my options and I don’t feel pressured.”
Pugh getting closer
Another top uncommitted senior is Bloom linebacker Kyle Pugh. The At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. three-star recruit is slowly getting closer to a decision.
“Recruiting is going well, I have nine offers and a few more schools interested,” Pugh said. “A few school said they would be coming to see me play though.
‘‘I was actually in DeKalb for my official visit this weekend at Northern Illinois.”
It wasn’t Pugh’s first visit to DeKalb, but there were several things that he came away with a better understanding of about the Huskies.
“It was a good opportunity for me,” Pugh said. “I got to get around the players and ask them questions and find out what it is really like for the athletes.”
Plus, the Northern Illinois coaching staff made it very clear that Pugh is a top priority for them.
“[Linebackers] coach Kevin Kane said he likes how I attack the line of scrimmage and get from sideline to sideline so fast,” Pugh said.
Pugh has yet to set any other dates for additional official visits.

So how do we pronounce his last name? Is it Tears as in I hope he tears our opponents a new one? Or Tears as in I hope he makes our opponents cry rivers of tears?

It'll be a miracle if he qualifies. Hopefully he is working hard on his grades because he is a very talented kid.

Gotta like the versatility of a QB/WR. Allows the playbook to be opened a smidge.