Class of 2015 - WR/QB Spencer Tears (IL) Verbal to NIU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/QB Spencer Tears (IL) Verbal to NIU

#FreeRichyMoe‏@Im_Uno1 8h
The dopest pic ever
1f602.png
1f602.png
shout out to Syracuse for the love pic.twitter.com/wkzuDjrltl

7:22 PM - 23 Sep 2014

They need to give the person who creates these a bonus. The puzzle ones were great too.

http://highschoolcubenews.com/2014/09/26/richards-spencer-tears-comes-big-eisenhower/

Richards senior Spencer Tears has a flair for the dramatic.
“We call him ‘Suspense’, ” teammate Hasan Muhammad-Rogers said. “You never know what’s going to happen.”
Eisenhower’s players certainly didn’t have a clue when the wide receiver turned running back and scored the game-changing touchdown Friday night in the host Bulldogs’ 36-7 South Suburban Red victory over Eisenhower.
The Cardinals veered right while Tears reversed left out of the Richards backfield for a 27-yard score with 10:58 remaining in the fourth quarter. It erased what had been a 7-6 Eisenhower lead.
“Man, when they told me to switch to slot and run that reverse — everybody knows that reverse play, I love that,” Tears said. “I saw what I saw and broke it open.”
He did more than break open the play. Tears’ touchdown was followed by a furious succession of scores as the Bulldogs (4-1, 3-0) put three quarters of ghastly football behind them.
J.D. Ballentine had the lone touchdown for Eisenhower (1-4, 1-1) on a two-yard run.
For the longest time, Ballentine was the only success story of the night for either team.
Both encountered bouts of self-destruction in the first half, but Richards paid the biggest price.
It came in the closing minute of the first quarter, when a big punt return by Ryan Willett was negated by a too many men on the field call. On the re-kick, a fair catch was fumbled and recovered by Eisenhower’s Keshawntis Cooling at the Richards 23.
Eisenhower was able to punch it in in five plays as Ballentine’s run was followed by a PAT kick by David Gutierrez.
Richards had a chance to get the points back right away, but a huge gain on a pass play was negated by two penalties.
It was a theme that repeated itself until well into the third period, when Richards scored on a Muhammad-Rogers-to-Romello Boykin 20-yard pass. Even then, the PAT failed, leaving the Bulldogs still trailing 7-6.
“We were shooting ourselves in the foot,” Muhammad-Rogers said. “Every time we would get something going we’d have a false start, a missed block … you can’t do that. You’ve got to be even-keel, ready to go.”
Tears’ score capped a 78-yard drive, and seemed to take the air out of Eisenhower’s balloon.
On the Cardinals’ next play from scrimmage, a backward pass in the end zone hit the ground and was recovered for a Richards score by Roque Castro.
The next time the Bulldogs had the ball, Muhammad-Rogers (16-for-28, 191 yards) scrambled for 35 yards, setting up a five-yard touchdown run by Romeo Johnson.
Pat Doyle added a 20-yard touchdown run as Richards recorded a whopping 30 points in the fourth quarter.
“It wasn’t about Richards. It was about executing our plan,” Eisenhower coach Travis Moore said. “We fell short of that, and because of that and playing a good team, it pretty much got out of hand real fast.”

Spencer Tears, One of the Top RBs in Northern Illinois, Has Syracuse in His Top Three (chicagotribune.com; Narang)

Tears combines the moves and speed of a much smaller player packed into a 6-foot-2, 180-pound frame. He said he was clocked at 4.46 in the 40-yard dash in the summer.
"Spencer is very tall and lanky and very athletic," Sheehan said. "He has good ball skills."
Ranked No. 15 in the state of Illinois for the Class of 2015 by No links to 247 allowed on this site.com, Tears received an offer from Syracuse earlier this month to run his total to 11 offers, which include Louisville, Indiana, Nebraska, Purdue and Bowling Green. Tears orally committed to Nebraska in April at the Red-White spring game but decommitted.

Tears has 11 catches for 142 yards and two touchdowns this season and said he is leaning toward Louisville, Syracuse or Bowling Green.

really. want. Tears. (and hope he's qualified).
His tape is really impressive. It is great to get RBs this size too, because if things don't work out for them there, they have the size to play WR, S, LB, etc.

His tape is really impressive. It is great to get RBs this size too, because if things don't work out for them there, they have the size to play WR, S, LB, etc.

VERY impressive. Would be great to land a playmaker of this caliber.

BzEzb-MCMAAoeVc.jpg:large

It’s not surprising what the theme was at practice all week for Richards.
“All the coaches preached about was playing four quarters of football,” senior wide receiver Spencer Tears said. “We haven’t played four quarters of football all season. We feel we’ve got the best team in the state and we should be dominating teams.”
The Bulldogs played four quarters of football Friday, and as a result, they dominated visiting Oak Forest 39-14.
Tears scored twice on pass plays of 96 and 9 yards. Quarterback Hasan Muhammad-Rogers scored on a 47-yard run and threw for 172 yards for No. 18 Richards (5-1).
JaRon Johnson and Troy Hadagus scored the two touchdowns for Oak Forest (4-2).
The previous week against Eisenhower, the Bulldogs were their own worst enemy for the better part of three quarters, killing their own drives with penalties and making sloppy plays.
It was an entirely different story against Oak Forest.
Their first moment of truth came early, on a fourth-and-inches at the Bengals’ 47 when Muhammmad-Rogers first tried to sneak up the middle, then spun around, found the left sideline and went the distance to make it 6-0.
The next chance brought another explosion, this one by Tears, who on first down at the Richards’ 4 took a flip pass to the right from Muhammad-Rogers, broke a tackle and left two defenders in his wake as he raced 96 yards.
Oak Forest’s best drive of the half followed. It was a 61-yarder, the longest gain a nine-yard run by Brian Pearson. Johnson ran in from the 8 for the Bengals, who made the 2-point conversion.
But there was no interrupting Richards’ momentum.
The Bulldogs answered with a 20-point knockdown punch in the second quarter. Romello Boykin scored on a 33-yard pass from Muhammad-Rogers, Tears added a second TD on a 9-yard pass from Muhammad-Rogers, and Hill found the end zone on a 1-yard run. It was 32-8 at the half.
“We just came out ready to play,” Muhammad-Rogers said. “We just jumped on our opponent out of the gate. You get them down early, they’re not going to be wanting to come back.”
The Bengals appeared to want to get back at Muhammad-Rogers, however. Three times they were flagged for personal fouls on late hits, the last of which resulted in a player ejection.
“Coach (Tony) Sheehan told me when you’re out there making plays and frustrating players, they’re going to try to find a way to get you out of the game,” Muhammad-Rogers said. “If they were trying to get in my head, or they were trying to hurt me, I don’t know. Coach just told me to keep my head straight and keep pushing.”
Bengals coach Brian McDonough kept his comments conservative.
“I don’t know. I have to see it on film,” he said. “I didn’t think they were that bad, but I don’t know. We got them (flags). They’re a very good football team. Hats off to them.”

Supposedly Cuse, UofL and Bowling Green are still his top 3. Planning officials to each. Feels he will be closer to making a decision after taking those 3 officials. Has already unofficially visited Indiana, Bowling Green, Nebraska and Purdue.

Sounds to me that his qualifying status is holding back big time offers. Which of course works in our favor if he actually get himself qualified. He seems like a hell of a player.

Tony Baranek@TBaranek · Nov 1
Spencer Tears 18-yard pass from Muhammad-Rogers. Richards 31, Oak Forest 0 late third...

Richards HS wins first round of 6A playoffs.

Pat Disabato‏@disabato Nov 25
Let's talk preseason Top 10 hoops. Richards is No. 10. With Josh Meier, Dedrick Shannon, Deon Alexander and Spencer Tears, "Dogs look tough.

You would hope that with him being a two sport kid the school is on him about his grades.

We really need to grab a WR.

I can't remember who, but didn't another WR recruit say he was the only WR we were targeting this class? Really don't know why we wouldn't try to bring in 2 receivers this class? They are very much needed.

We really need to grab a WR.

I can't remember who, but didn't another WR recruit say he was the only WR we were targeting this class? Really don't know why we wouldn't try to bring in 2 receivers this class? They are very much needed.

The Simmons kid from PA who just decommitted from Rutgers.