# 1 / 5' 11" 160 WR/FS
18304244_89aadefa800540ecb6141d2796a95e52.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM; (FILM SHOWS 1 PUNT RETURN) EVERYTHING ELSE FS

FAST
GOOD OPEN FIELD TACKLER
11652084.jpg

LET'S DO AN UPDATE ON KJ MCLAIN 2026 SETON HALL PREP, WEST ORANGE, NJ

HE IS A LEGACY RECRUIT BUT LIVES 30 MINUTES FROM THE "DUMPSTER!"

HE'S GROWN AN INCH SINCE MY LAST EVALUATION IN 2022 AND THERE IS A BIT MORE INFO ON HIM INCLUDING THE ARTICLE BELOW > I DID NOT KNOW PREVIOUSLY HE IS A LEGACY RECRUIT. THIS IS A REVEALING ARTICLE IF YOU HAVE 5 MINS TO SPARE.

THE FIRST FOUR PARAGRAPHS ARE ABOUT HIS FATHER, THE REST IS UP TO YOU.

HIS FATHER WAS AN ALL-STATE, ALL AMERICAN OUT OF ELIZABETH HS, NJ TO SU.

THIS WOULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO KEEP THE INCREASED PIPELINE PER COACH NUNZ WE'VE DEVELOPED GOING FOR TALENTED RECRUITS FROM NJ WHEN THE TIME COMES FOR KJ.

"Seton Hall Prep freshman Kenyon McClain becomes family’s 3rd Power 5 safety."

He obliterated his leg one spring and returned five months later to face Rutgers, located just 30 minutes from his home in Elizabeth, N.J., in 2001.

Maurice McClain, 42, sustained a shattered leg while a safety at Syracuse, welded together by 12 screws and a 12-inch rod, making it unlikely that the DB would play another game, let alone reach the NFL one day. Twenty-two years and two Power Five-recruited sons later, the spoils of the league aren’t guaranteed, but within sight.

Seton Hall Prep (West Orange, N.J.) freshman safety Kenyon McClain, also known as K.J., is morphing into a top recruit like his brother, Jaylen, a junior with over 30 offers and one of the most highly-recruited members of the NJ.com Top 50. Their father, Maurice, starred at free safety for the Orange from 1998 to 2002. A three-time letter winner who played in 38 games, Maurice saw his playing career altered by the injury, and settled for the arena league.

“I shattered my leg my junior year on the last day of spring ball at Syracuse,” Maurice said. “I broke my leg in two places and shattered my ankle. I had it repaired with a 12-inch rod and 12 screws. I came back five-and-a-half months later in the middle of my senior year and started.”
GREAT ARTICLE v

#1 / #12, 6' 0 165 S / PR

ASSETS PER HUDL FRESHMAN FILM:

GREAT VISION
VERY AGILE
HIGH FB IQ
4.8 40, DECENTLY FAST FOR A FRESHMAN
VERY AGGRESSIVE
GREAT JUKES/MOVES ON PR
GREAT TACKLING ABILITY/FORM
HITS LOW SO RUNNER REC GOES DOWN IMMEDIATELY
HITS ARE VERY HARD