Class of 2016 - WR/S Sadiq Palmer (NJ) Verbal to UMass | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/S Sadiq Palmer (NJ) Verbal to UMass

Red Bank HS regularly pumps out BCS level talent so they are definitely scouted pretty heavily. I believe that's where Liam Smith goes as well.

EDIT: Check that Liam Smith goes to Red Bank Catholic I got the 2 confused. I think Red Bank Catholic is the one that usually has P5 talent.

either way isn't both those schools on the shores of Rutgirls

Some on this board won't like this but Shafer and his staff are very highly regarded by by high school coaches around the region and the country expect the recruiting to continue to be strong and even improve.

Not for nothing, but we got 2 kids committed that don't have any other offers (not that I agree with it in Palmer's case, but it does make the decision easier for the kid). I'd pump the brakes a little on the excellent recruiting for now. Let's see us close with some of the big guns like Washington, Smith, Coleman, Brown, etc before we start with the recruiting praise.

Suprised he doesnt have more offers. I like what I saw. The competition is not as good as the others but he is every bit as good or better than Gray, Huber , Coleman and some others, Welcome to the Hill Sadiq

Feel the same. I prefer his highlights over Huber, and are just as good, if not better then Gray and Coleman. Really like this pick up.

Scott Brown 8m8 minutes ago
2016 has a 2nd commit, WR Sadiq Palmer (NJ). Tells me, "heart & family guided me" & "I am going to try to get others here with me as well"
Always love to hear the second line. Especially since it seems to quell my fear that he might change his mind if he blows up.

Also that definitely helps if Anthony Brown gets brought in later on.

Not for nothing, but we got 2 kids committed that don't have any other offers (not that I agree with it in Palmer's case, but it does make the decision easier for the kid). I'd pump the brakes a little on the excellent recruiting for now. Let's see us close with some of the big guns like Washington, Smith, Coleman, Brown, etc before we start with the recruiting praise.
You do realize that it's April and a lot of really good players don't have offers yet? Do you really think he won't get any more offers?

anglerman said:
You do realize that it's April and a lot of really good players don't have offers yet? Do you really think he won't get any more offers?

The best players have offers. Either way what does that have to do with anything. The point in was making is the kids didn't have any other options at this point so I don't see how this makes Shafer a great recruiter.

After reading the (free) TOS article i'm very happy for the kid and his family. Hope he decides to stick with Cuse and excels.

Looks like he has good size and hands not top end speed but adequate.

Last edited:
Free Article...

http://syracuse.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./story/1536632-palmer-commits-to-syracuse?s=185&hootPostID=8b0a5b0b0030ffe25d571a464fa1073d

Palmer Commits to Syracuse

On Friday, Syracuse extended a scholarship offer to Little Silver (N.J.) Red Bank Regional wide receiver Sadiq Palmer. One day later, he decided to pull the trigger and commit to the Orange.
After receiving the offer on Friday, his first scholarship offer, he said it left him speechless and put a big smile on his face. Apparently sleeping on the offer was all he needed in order to know Syracuse was the right fit.
"Number one, he's appreciative that Syracuse actually showed interest in him," Palmer's uncle Jim Fields said. "He adores coach Bobby so much. Just seeing the passion that coach has for him. Just really showing that they really care about him. That they wanted to help push him academically as well as athletically.
"Another strong motivating factor for Syracuse was Chris Melvin (high school recruiting analyst for New Jersey for Elite Recruits and former Red Bank assistant coach). He's a long time friend of our family. He and I went to school together. We grew up together. We've remained friends throughout the year. Chris has so much respect for that program at Syracuse. It was so great that it helped us have that same respect for the program."
This decision was not made without a lot of information about the school, either. He visited for the spring game and got an up close look at the facilities, the program and the coaches.
"When I went there, the coaches gave me a great feeling," Palmer said. "It's special (there)."

Just because Palmer committed early and to his only offer at this point does not mean Syracuse fans should be concerned about him waivering.
"I would say he's very solid in that decision," Fields said. "One thing I know about my nephew is that he's a man of his word. A man of integrity. The fact that he was offered humbled him. He's very appreciative of it. If you know anything about Sadiq, he's a wonderful young man. We came from a poverty stricken background with my sisters and myself.
"We were less fortunate and for us to grown up and have our children follow their dreams with their academic ability as well as their athletic ability, for us is overwhelming at this present moment."
Fields added that this is the first generation in his family that will go to college. Sadiq's brother was recruited to play football at Monmouth University. He added that Syracuse's strong academic reputation was a big factor in Palmer's decision.
Palmer is listed at 6-foot-3, 185-pounds with a self reported 4.50 40-time. He fits the mold of the tall, long receivers that head coach Scott Shafer likes.
The commitment of Palmer may also have an impact on one of Syracuse's other top targets, three-star quarterback Anthony Brown. The two are close friends.
His primary recruiter was Bobby Acosta, who has made a big impression on the Red Bank standout. He was also receiving interest from Old Dominion and Rutgers. Palmer is the second player to verbally commit to Syracuse in the 2016 class joining offensive tackle Cam DeGeorge.

I checked out their website and both Sadiq and Anthony Brown are enrolled with this organization.

Educationally based Non-Profit organization that incorporates sports training,tutoring & mentoring students into the development of future prof athletes.

The best players have offers. Either way what does that have to do with anything. The point in was making is the kids didn't have any other options at this point so I don't see how this makes Shafer a great recruiter.

Kid looks the part high pointing, agility and acceleration to me. Plenty of really good players without offers If they don't do the camp circuit especially one's that play on average or bad hs teams.

What it says about Shafer as a recruiter? Who knows. But he (or his staff) did find the kid and land him in fairly quick succession.

I thought of Alshon Jeffery when I watched his tape

Perhaps because his HS uni's look a bit like South Carolina's? He does look like the same "go get It" type but Jeffrey always looked like more of a glider when running. This gent has some serious wiggle and acceleration.

Welcome to The Cuse Football family Sadiq! I love what I see on your video footage! Now that you are on-board, I am confident you will help us to pull in other good football players from New Jersey!
Go Orange!
Sadiq-Palmer-630x367.jpg

Kid looks the part high pointing, agility and acceleration to me. Plenty of really good players without offers If they don't do the camp circuit especially one's that play on average or bad hs teams.

What it says about Shafer as a recruiter? Who knows. But he (or his staff) did find the kid and land him in fairly quick succession.

Hey I totally agree. I love what I see from the kid. He looks like a baller. I just thought it was a weird time for that kind of comment since were 2 kids into our class, neither who had another option at this point. I can get down with the staff is highly respected for it's ability to identify talent before others.

The staff seems to be developing great relationships with high school coaches, which might be the reason for some of the diamond in the rough type offers.

Red Bank is my hometown. Super glad to see Cuse back in the game. It's been a decade+ since they've had any kind of presence in the shore area.

Perhaps because his HS uni's look a bit like South Carolina's? He does look like the same "go get It" type but Jeffrey always looked like more of a glider when running. This gent has some serious wiggle and acceleration.

So you're saying he's better than Alshon? I'll take it!

Red Bank is my hometown. Super glad to see Cuse back in the game. It's been a decade+ since they've had any kind of presence in the shore area.
Glad they didn't lose him to Jay and Silent Bob. :rolleyes:

Legit size and looks like a decent prospect but I'm not seeing a real fast explosive film - not a #1 type wideout. Has it been said what position he was offered for? I'm wondering if he's a safety.