Class of 2016 - WR/S Sadiq Palmer (NJ) Verbal to UMass | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/S Sadiq Palmer (NJ) Verbal to UMass

Legit size and looks like a decent prospect but I'm not seeing a real fast explosive film - not a #1 type wideout. Has it been said what position he was offered for? I'm wondering if he's a safety.
Read that he's a good blocker. Could be a TE too.

Read that he's a good blocker. Could be a TE too.

185lb is pretty light for TE. He'd have to put on close to 50lbs to play TE. Not sure if that's possibly? At least will take a few years. I think he could play WR here.

185lb is pretty light for TE. He'd have to put on close to 50lbs to play TE. Not sure if that's possibly? At least will take a few years. I think he could play WR here.
It can be done, trust me.

anomander said:
Sure I guess it could be, but pretty sure Palmer was recruited as a WR so it's basically irrelevant.

I agree, and I would imagine it would have to be "good" weight.

It may be easier for him to get faster at WR than to gain 50 pounds to be a TE. Sadiq is no slower than Alec lemon coming out of high school

Last edited:
Legit size and looks like a decent prospect but I'm not seeing a real fast explosive film - not a #1 type wideout. Has it been said what position he was offered for? I'm wondering if he's a safety.

Not sure what type of explosive film you're looking for? He doesn't get caught from behind, leaves many guys grasping at air, goes over defenders and doesn't exactly get tackled easily. What didn't you see in the film that you'd like to?

Measurement wise he's identical to KJ Williams. Film wise Palmer has to work twice as hard for everything (than KJ did @ Liberty) because his QB is running for his life every play and doesn't have a great arm. Very imilar skill set though.

Sadiq_Palmer6 ‏@muhboy_gunna Protected Tweets 9h9 hours ago

Many in the bed, me second workout of the day
1f4aa.png
!

Measurement wise he's identical to KJ Williams. Film wise Palmer has to work twice as hard for everything (than KJ did @ Liberty) because his QB is running for his life every play and doesn't have a great arm. Very imilar skill set though.
Good size and hands, makes good reads and has the ability to make people miss him.

To me, the most impressive thing about him is his strength/ability to play physical. He will not be beaten on a 50-50 ball. In the ACC, which might have the best CBs in college football, this is really important. It will be easier for us to get WRs who can 'out physical' ACC CBs for the ball than to get WRs who can simply out run them.

I like him a lot. Reminds me a bit of Mike Williams, another basketball player and gifted athlete with size and strength.

Good size and hands, makes good reads and has the ability to make people miss him.

To me, the most impressive thing about him is his strength/ability to play physical. He will not be beaten on a 50-50 ball. In the ACC, which might have the best CBs in college football, this is really important. It will be easier for us to get WRs who can 'out physical' ACC CBs for the ball than to get WRs who can simply out run them.

I like him a lot. Reminds me a bit of Mike Williams, another basketball player and gifted athlete with size and strength.

I thought that too a bit but I didn't want to immediately pin that type of expectation to Sadiq right off the bat. I Also think Sadiq has a bit more wiggle to him and MW was more of a glider ala my comments on Alshon Jeffrey. He could very well be a 3 inch taller version of Alec Lemon but again that's an extremely high bar to set.

I really like this kids tape...

Likewise. Good production on what is obviously not a very good HS team (5-5 last year, 1-9 the year prior). The o line is poor and the qb's arm strength is very limited. Every catch has at least 1 safety rolling coverage in addition to the cb. Both db's are cheating up as well due to lack of threat of being beaten over the top. Every deep catch is underthrown and has Sadiq going up over defenders. Every short catch has him with 2 or 3 defenders in the area, most of which he makes miss. Shows great hands and doesn't ever get tackled by the first guy or tracked down from behind.

Wow he's crafty and dangerous with the ball in his hands. Doesn't ever seem to give up on a play, love his tape.

after watching the tape a couple of more times I'm more sold. He looks like he can play. Is he an academic risk or just the product of a terrible team in a bad neighborhood? Red Bank schools usually have some players.

after watching the tape a couple of more times I'm more sold. He looks like he can play. Is he an academic risk or just the product of a terrible team in a bad neighborhood? Red Bank schools usually have some players.
RBC usually has the players, not so much his high school. Acosta seems to be working this area hard. He's the former AD at Marlboro which isn't far from Red Bank, Middletown, Holmdel, and Matawan-Aberdeen, all of which are all schools (towns) that SU has offered kids.

Love the quote from his team mate "he works harder than anyone I know". Also seems loved and well respected by everyone around him. Common trait of our recruits now... we first players vs me first players. Really hoping Sadiq shows up as our next Alec Lemon while we have an upperclass Ishmael balling out on the other side. Love players that aren't afraid to work in traffic and hopefully we have other players creating space for him to work before he's a well known commodity.