Class of 2016 - WR/S Sadiq Palmer (NJ) Verbal to UMass | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/S Sadiq Palmer (NJ) Verbal to UMass

B9318622226Z.1_20150902114850_000_GLFBKLVD1.1-0.jpg
Sadiq Palmer is a Constant Threat for Red Bank (app.com; Parker)

Playing in the Shore Conference Class B North is no easy task, but it has been nothing but improvement year in and year out for Red Bank head coach Nick Giglio and his Bucs.

After finishing last season at 5-5, the Bucs have their sights set on the NJSIAA playoffs this season.

A push to improve last season’s record and qualify for the playoffs will likely be led by 6-foot-2 senior wide receiver Sadiq Palmer.

Last year, was a breakout year for Palmer. He finished the season with 36 catches for 748 yards, to go along with his seven touchdowns. He is a threat to opponents in many ways. He finished the season with 13 total touchdowns from receiving, interceptions, rushing and kickoff returns.

It’s something that caught the eye of Syracuse University recruiting coordinator and former Monmouth and Marlboro head coach Bobby Acosta, who made an offer to Palmer over the summer.

Palmer was quick to make a non-binding verbal commitment to Syracuse.

“I felt the love from the coaches there right away,” Palmer said. “It felt like I was home there. That’s what I liked most about the visit.”

Free ARticle

http://www.At their request, this n...ory/1591833-recruits-react-syracuses-loss-lsu

Recruiting targets and commits were impressed by Syracuse's efforts against LSU

Check out what several recruits and Syracuse commits had to say following their 34-24 loss to LSU.

Syracuse may not have won against LSU on Saturday, falling 34-24 inside the Carrier Dome, but their strong effort made an impression on recruits who were at the game and watching from home on television. CuseNation.com spoke with several of them to get their reactions.

On Campus Visitors
2017 OLB commit Isaiah McDuffie: "I enjoyed the game. It was a great experience. They played good and hard and I love the fans."

2016 DE commit Jamal Holloway: "Really good game."

2016 WR commit Sadiq Palmer: "It was pretty good. I think we should have won, but it was a good game." He added he is having a great time on his visit.

2017 WR target Noah Jordan-Williams: "It was a great game actually. We were in it for mostly the whole game. The defense is really good, it was just hard for the offense to get going."

Watching From Home
2016 QB commit Rex Culpepper: "Been saying it all along, 'Cuse is coming."

2016 OT commit Cam DeGeorge: "I thought it was very impressive."

2016 OG commit Sam Heckel: "I think with Dungey playing, they could've won. They played really well despite the beginning of the third and end of the fourth."

2016 S/LB commit Will Harper: "Happy with the way Syracuse played. They fought hard, especially being on their fourth string QB. I feel as if we still had plenty of chances to win it."

2017 WR target Anthony White Jr.: "Great, guys kept fighting. Syracuse, these are the things I try and tell my soliders when we take the field. Just, no matter what, fight. Even when we're down."

2017 WR commit Daewood Davis: "The game was good, We fought hard. We stayed in the game. I thought we would have pulled it off. They're doing well. Once they add me and the other recruits, we will be sensational."

CuseNation.com Thoughts
By performing well on a national stage, Syracuse, at a minimum, made an impression on recruits from the south. Many talented players who were not on visits or were taking late visits were watching this game. Seeing Syracuse stay in it until the end can only help the perception of the program on a national level.

Also, in the past several years, this is as engaged on social media as we have seen the alumni base, former players and even recruits. They were all watching, cheering on the Orange, and seemed very pleased/encouraged by what they saw on the field. In fact, at different points, Riley Dixon was trending (after he leaped over an LSU defender on a fake punt) as was Syracuse during the game.

Below is just a sampling of the Twitter discussion.

Freeze Option lives !!!! @CuseFootball .

— MikeTirico (@miketirico) September 26, 2015

This is exciting !!! #BeatLSU

— Jerome Smith (@Rom34Smith) September 26, 2015

What a ball! Outside pattern on a frozen rope #Cuse

— Chandler Jones (@Chan95Jones) September 26, 2015

LET'S GO 'CUSE!!!

— Arthur Jones (@Artj97) September 26, 2015

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT!!! LEEETTSSS GOOO!!! #GoCuse #OrangeNation

— Marquis Spruill (@Sprui11z) September 26, 2015

Say what you will but, Coach Shafer has put a good product on the field 4 weeks in a row now. #GoCuse

— Rob Long (@RobLong47) September 26, 2015

I love to see a team fight

☁️TenToes❗️ (@2Touchmillz) September 26, 2015

Syracuse may have lost, but what an effort from the defense and Mahoney.

— Andrea Adelson (@aadelsonESPN) September 26, 2015

If only Gus Malzahn's offense had a force of nature like Syracuse punter Riley Dixon https://t.co/c29Q7ydgZM

— Lost Lettermen (@LostLettermen) September 26, 2015

Syracuse punter makes ridiculous hurdle over LSU defender after fake punt. http://t.co/8FHLhUgqjD

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 26, 2015

Free ARticle

http://www.. . . . . . . . . /college/syracuse/story/1591833-recruits-react-syracuses-loss-lsu

Recruiting targets and commits were impressed by Syracuse's efforts against LSU

Check out what several recruits and Syracuse commits had to say following their 34-24 loss to LSU.

Syracuse may not have won against LSU on Saturday, falling 34-24 inside the Carrier Dome, but their strong effort made an impression on recruits who were at the game and watching from home on television. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . spoke with several of them to get their reactions.

On Campus Visitors
2017 OLB commit Isaiah McDuffie: "I enjoyed the game. It was a great experience. They played good and hard and I love the fans."

2016 DE commit Jamal Holloway: "Really good game."

2016 WR commit Sadiq Palmer: "It was pretty good. I think we should have won, but it was a good game." He added he is having a great time on his visit.

2017 WR target Noah Jordan-Williams: "It was a great game actually. We were in it for mostly the whole game. The defense is really good, it was just hard for the offense to get going."

Watching From Home
2016 QB commit Rex Culpepper: "Been saying it all along, 'Cuse is coming."

2016 OT commit Cam DeGeorge: "I thought it was very impressive."

2016 OG commit Sam Heckel: "I think with Dungey playing, they could've won. They played really well despite the beginning of the third and end of the fourth."

2016 S/LB commit Will Harper: "Happy with the way Syracuse played. They fought hard, especially being on their fourth string QB. I feel as if we still had plenty of chances to win it."

2017 WR target Anthony White Jr.: "Great, guys kept fighting. Syracuse, these are the things I try and tell my soliders when we take the field. Just, no matter what, fight. Even when we're down."

2017 WR commit Daewood Davis: "The game was good, We fought hard. We stayed in the game. I thought we would have pulled it off. They're doing well. Once they add me and the other recruits, we will be sensational."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thoughts
By performing well on a national stage, Syracuse, at a minimum, made an impression on recruits from the south. Many talented players who were not on visits or were taking late visits were watching this game. Seeing Syracuse stay in it until the end can only help the perception of the program on a national level.

Also, in the past several years, this is as engaged on social media as we have seen the alumni base, former players and even recruits. They were all watching, cheering on the Orange, and seemed very pleased/encouraged by what they saw on the field. In fact, at different points, Riley Dixon was trending (after he leaped over an LSU defender on a fake punt) as was Syracuse during the game.

Below is just a sampling of the Twitter discussion.

Freeze Option lives !!!! @CuseFootball .

— MikeTirico (@miketirico) September 26, 2015

This is exciting !!! #BeatLSU

— Jerome Smith (@Rom34Smith) September 26, 2015

What a ball! Outside pattern on a frozen rope #Cuse

— Chandler Jones (@Chan95Jones) September 26, 2015

LET'S GO 'CUSE!!!

— Arthur Jones (@Artj97) September 26, 2015

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT!!! LEEETTSSS GOOO!!! #GoCuse #OrangeNation

— Marquis Spruill (@Sprui11z) September 26, 2015

Say what you will but, Coach Shafer has put a good product on the field 4 weeks in a row now. #GoCuse

— Rob Long (@RobLong47) September 26, 2015

I love to see a team fight

☁️TenToes❗️ (@2Touchmillz) September 26, 2015

Syracuse may have lost, but what an effort from the defense and Mahoney.

— Andrea Adelson (@aadelsonESPN) September 26, 2015

If only Gus Malzahn's offense had a force of nature like Syracuse punter Riley Dixon https://t.co/c29Q7ydgZM

— Lost Lettermen (@LostLettermen) September 26, 2015

Syracuse punter makes ridiculous hurdle over LSU defender after fake punt. http://t.co/8FHLhUgqjD

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 26, 2015

I like where Daewood Davis heads at.

Love the fact that a recruit, who is not yet committed, refers to SU as 'we'. :)

Me too. But he is from Syracuse. I think that is one of the acceptable uses of "we"- alumni and locals.

Me too. But he is from Syracuse. I think that is one of the acceptable uses of "we"- alumni and locals.
The two guys that said "we" are from FL and NJ. Was one of them originally from Syracuse?

Well we know what to do here. Did you perhaps post a link on the football board during the bye week? :D

I'll stick one in the morning articles later. LOL... I'm trying to find the right angle to position my left hand, darn carpal tunnel, so I can type with this splint on. It may go flying through the air soon.

Through four games, per NJ.com, here are Sadiq's numbers:

9 catches, 164 yards (18.2 per), 3 TD
8 carrries, 72 yards (9.0 ypc), 1 TD
1 INT

Was legitimately just about to look up his numbers after reading your post in the Stubbs thread. Great work, and as always much appreciated.

Found it intriguing that Dohn thinks that Sadiq's best position at the next level could end up being safety.

That's fine. We're also going to land Tisdale who's a safety :)

That's fine. We're also going to land Tisdale who's a safety :)
Aren't we actually looking at Tisdale as more of an offensive weapon? I thought we were, anyway...

Either way...bring in great athletes, figure out where they work best.

With all three?
That's my impression, yes. Burch obviously is the most likely just because he's been high on SU for awhile, but Tisdale and Jones are both possibilities as well. I'm not expecting to get all 3, but I think we can actually get 1-2 of them.

That's my impression, yes. Burch obviously is the most likely just because he's been high on SU for awhile, but Tisdale and Jones are both possibilities as well. I'm not expecting to get all 3, but I think we can actually get 1-2 of them.

Yes please on all 3. :)

We need athletes on D and that would be a great way to address it. Would love to see all 3 of them and another tall corner.