Class of 2016 - WR Taysir Mack (NY) to Indiana | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Taysir Mack (NY) to Indiana

CuseLegacy

Per twitter...

Syracuse has offered 2016 Brooklyn (NY) Grand Street High WR Taysir Mack

In an earlier tweet Coach Adam tweeted that they had been watching a football game in Brooklyn last night.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ffer.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Taysir Mack, a 6-1, 170-pound class of 2016 wide receiver from Grand Street Campus high school (Brooklyn, N.Y.), picked up an offer from Rutgers while competing at the annual Rutgers 7-on-7 Passing Camp. At the time, he was out on one of Rutgers' playing fields doing what he does best.
"They didn't speak to me, they spoke to my mother," said Mack. "I was playing in the game and when I got back, everybody was like, 'Congratulations.' And I was like, 'Congratulations on what?' I was just trying to play the game and enjoy it."
Mack discussed how it felt to receive his first tender.
"It's my first offer," he said. "I'm going into my junior year. I didn't even know what to think. I was like 'Wow.' Now, I've just got to work hard and stay on top of it because things like that come and go."
Mack also shared his opinion of the Rutgers football program.
"It's a good school," he said. "It's in the Big Ten. I like the school. My sister is going there (and will be a freshman next year) and it's not far from home."
Mack's teammate Kamaal Seymour, a rising senior, is currently committed to the Scarlet Knights.
"I have a lot of chemistry with Kamaal. He was talking to me like, 'You should go there.' And I was listening to what he was saying because he knows a lot about the school. I'd like to learn more about the history of it, the background and everything that comes with it.
"But he told me that they had a good program and the coaches treat you like family. He said they are like a big group, like a family, and that sounds a lot like my team."
Mack attended the first installation of Rutgers Friday Knights Skills camp a month prior to receiving his offer. There, he ran a 4.52-second 40-yard dash.
His performance at that event combined with his passing camp showcase put Mack in position for a fruitful recruitment. However, no additional schools have shown interest as of yet.
Mack explained why schools throughout the Northeast will likely soon take notice of his talents.
"I believe I have strong hands, the ability to go get the ball, I can outrun anybody and I have quick feet," he said.

• 5:20 PM - 27 Sep 2014
    R.I.P Miles‼️‏@600_Pdai 23h
    Congrats to my Bro on another offer from Cuseproud of him
    1f4aa.png
    1f608.png
    1f3c8.png
    pic.twitter.com/9zWsaBAJcb

Didn't see a thread for him. RU, SU and now UConn offers. 6'2" 175lbs

ETA: Saw he lead PSAL in TDs this past year. Offered by SU on 27 September.

Last edited:
This kid is legit - catches everything. He's prob gonna pop this summer during camp season. Would love to get him in Orange

Turns out my wife was Taysir Mack's first grade teacher. I think he has a younger relative who goes to that school. I'll see what my wife can find out, if anything.

Taysir is at Rut today posting on FB about loving it
We really need to get these nyc kids up to the hill. If Taysir goes Rutgers they will have basically taken over the city from us

That's okay. They can have NYC.

We'll gladly keep NJ.
I would take that trade if we could get it but Rut is doing just fine in NJ and Flood has made a concerted effort to move in on NYC. The city hasn't had a kid go orange since Shaf took over. Marrone did a great job building the pipeline and although he wasn't getting the 4/5 star kids yet he was getting closer

Now rutgers has taken 4 '15 brooklyn kids and he's really sucking up to city coaches. We gotta get back in the game. I hate seeing NY kids go to play in Jersey

It hurts all of NYD football

I'd much rather keep doing what we're doing and hitting the football rich states (Midwest, SE, NJ) than focusing on NYC.

This kid is a stud though. I don't care where he's from, he's a high level prospect we should be all over.

I would take that trade if we could get it but Rut is doing just fine in NJ and Flood has made a concerted effort to move in on NYC. The city hasn't had a kid go orange since Shaf took over. Marrone did a great job building the pipeline and although he wasn't getting the 4/5 star kids yet he was getting closer

Now rutgers has taken 4 '15 brooklyn kids and he's really sucking up to city coaches. We gotta get back in the game. I hate seeing NY kids go to play in Jersey

It hurts all of NYD football

Idk man. The city kids are hit or miss, I don't think it's a big deal. Sheppard is from New Rochelle so it's not like we're not down there.

Idk man. The city kids are hit or miss, I don't think it's a big deal. Sheppard is from New Rochelle so it's not like we're not down there.
All kids are hit or miss. Bromley, Reddish, Morgan, Hunt, Foy all starters plus Wayne Williams and Cornelius will make their mark this year. We've done exceptionally well with NYC kids.

New Rochelle is downstate but NYC is a world unto itself. If you're from Westchester you might as well be from Rochester you're equally not NYC.

I know people still sleep on the 5 boros but with exception of last year we've produced nationally recruited talent every year for the past 5 and if we're gonna be NY's College a team we need to land the best player in the state one of these years.

Taysir Mack is that dude class of '16 and he's loving life this weekend at Rutgers because 2 of his teammates are there plus Deonte Roberts from Erasmus Hall who all played PSAL this past fall

All kids are hit or miss. Bromley, Reddish, Morgan, Hunt, Foy all starters plus Wayne Williams and Cornelius will make their mark this year. We've done exceptionally well with NYC kids.

New Rochelle is downstate but NYC is a world unto itself. If you're from Westchester you might as well be from Rochester you're equally not NYC.

I know people still sleep on the 5 boros but with exception of last year we've produced nationally recruited talent every year for the past 5 and if we're gonna be NY's College a team we need to land the best player in the state one of these years.

Taysir Mack is that dude class of '16 and he's loving life this weekend at Rutgers because 2 of his teammates are there plus Deonte Roberts from Erasmus Hall who all played PSAL this past fall

Hardly. It's the first place you hit north of manhattan along with Yonkers.

Yes but despite the close proximity offering a kid from New Ro' doesn't register so much as a blip in the NYC Football community.

People the city, especially the PSAL, only care about kids in Brooklyn, Staten Island, The Bronx & Queens.

Landing a Westchester kid buys syracuse zero presence in the city. Rutgers is killing it. They're all over the social media feeds because the new generations of HS kids are all Rutgers Singees , offeress & wanna bes. Cuse hasn't taken a city kid since Wayne Morgan

It would be nice to get NYC back but if I had to choose between NYC and NJ, give me NJ all day long.

Taysir is at Rut today posting on FB about loving it
We really need to get these nyc kids up to the hill. If Taysir goes Rutgers they will have basically taken over the city from us
When was the last time we had it?

Yes but despite the close proximity offering a kid from New Ro' doesn't register so much as a blip in the NYC Football community.

People the city, especially the PSAL, only care about kids in Brooklyn, Staten Island, The Bronx & Queens.

Landing a Westchester kid buys syracuse zero presence in the city. Rutgers is killing it. They're all over the social media feeds because the new generations of HS kids are all Rutgers Singees , offeress & wanna bes. Cuse hasn't taken a city kid since Wayne Morgan

They signed all of two last year ... and we have bigger concerns in NYC than RU ... they go by the names Notre Dame and PSU.

why is it a choice?

I am not saying it is a choice but a few posters made mention that Rutgers seems to be owning NYC lately; I was simply saying I would rather have NJ than NYC, not that Rutgirls is really owning NYC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom