Class of 2016 - WR Taysir Mack (NY) to Indiana | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Taysir Mack (NY) to Indiana

This is going to sound weird. But, I saw a kid, about 6'3"-6'4", ~230lbs, black, huge shoulders with a Syracuse visor on in the northeastern part of the Bronx this past weekend. He had kind-of longer hair up top, short on the sides. I was trying to figure out who it might have been. Was definitely either a player or a recruit, but didn't recognize his face. Any idea who it may've been?

Sheppard?

you are still mising the point of what im saying. We all know NYC players dont make or break this program. Its all about the perception. Its about relationships, camps, coaching clinics, trust, pride and hope from your lone major D1 program. Coaches and players have to believe they matter. This will draw more interest, more in state donors and bringing more people to the game. once again we all know there are better players in those states you mentioned. When I say recruit your own state thats what I meant. I didnt mean spend all of our time and resources on just the NYC kids

I didn't miss your point ... what you fail to realize is that the moment Washington committed there was more buzz around this program then there has been in quite some time from a recruiting perspective. That will put people in the seats ... why continue chasing players and cowtowing to coaches who don't give a crap about the program? The lone major D1 program goes and recruits these kids and they go to Florida, ND and Penn St. Its kinda like repeatedly asking this really hot girl to prom and having her say no over and over again ... sort of like the definition of insanity.

Yep. And to be fair we haven't given up on area. We just need to play catch up post-Anselmo.
Why do we need to play catch-up? Are NYC kids slower to see, in the complete staff, what other kids around the country are seeing? Why?

I'm not referring to disagreeing with my views.

I'm talking about:

- NYC is only MAC level talent
- No one ever herd of those NYC recruits
- nyc kids aren't worth the trouble
- city kids aren't well liked in college

Stop HATING!!!!

The city kids have been VERY productive for Cuse which is exactly why Flood decided to go hard after NYC

and fwiw Shafer's staff is yet to take a City kid (Wayne Williams is really a Marrone era recruit).

In that time Rutgers has grabbed 7-8 kids and is running the city

You misread Phat's comment regarding MAC level talent. Nobody said NYC only produces MAC level talent; Phat said RU was pulling primarily MAC level kids from NYC.

We also recruited these kids. But the fact that our NYC recruiting pre & post Anselmo has fallen off a cliff says more about how fickle that area is to recruit and proves the point I made earlier.

NYC does not return the same value of recruit consistently enough to warrant the same attention as other areas (i.e. NJ, PA, NYS). This isn't hate; it's truth.

When RU wins the B10 title with a roster full of NYC kids, I'll take notice. Until then, I trust the current staff's (and P's earlier staffs) strategy.

You misread Phat's comment regarding MAC level talent. Nobody said NYC only produces MAC level talent; Phat said RU was pulling primarily MAC level kids from NYC.

We also recruited these kids. But the fact that our NYC recruiting pre & post Anselmo has fallen off a cliff says more about how fickle that area is to recruit and proves the point I made earlier.

NYC does not return the same value of recruit consistently enough to warrant the same attention as other areas (i.e. NJ, PA, NYS). This isn't hate; it's truth.

When RU wins the B10 title with a roster full of NYC kids, I'll take notice. Until then, I trust the current staff's (and P's earlier staffs) strategy.

Amen!

I didn't miss your point ... what you fail to realize is that the moment Washington committed there was more buzz around this program then there has been in quite some time from a recruiting perspective. That will put people in the seats ... why continue chasing players and cowtowing to coaches who don't give a crap about the program? The lone major D1 program goes and recruits these kids and they go to Florida, ND and Penn St. Its kinda like repeatedly asking this really hot girl to prom and having her say no over and over again ... sort of like the definition of insanity.
But does that mean you dont try to holla at that hot girl? Im not given my soul away to convince her Im just letting her know that I appreciate her beauty and if she is available sometime I will like to take her out and show her what Im all about and that I can be better than that dork with the lamborghini

But does that mean you dont try to holla at that hot girl? Im not given my soul away to convince her Im just letting her know that I appreciate her beauty and if she is available sometime I will like to take her out and show her what Im all about and that I can be better than that dork with the lamborghini

And after she goes home with the dork with the big car the cute girl across town moved on after waiting for you to get your head out of your a$$ and send some love her way ... now you are stuck with the German massuse with the hairy back and Arnold-like bicepts .. good call.

Sheppard?
That sounds very correct. This is what I get for not paying attention to recruiting much over the last few months.

And after she goes home with the dork with the big car the cute girl across town moved on after waiting for you to get your head out of your a$$ and send some love her way ... now you are stuck with the German massuse with the hairy back and Arnold-like bicepts .. good call.

so dont say hi to her at all? No ambition or confidence ? Just except the fact that Im ugly and no one wants me except the girls that no one else wants

so dont say hi to her at all? No ambition or confidence ? Just except the fact that Im ugly and no one wants me except the girls that no one else wants

I have no issue with saying hi ... again these kids want the 5 star attention to align with their 3 star skills ... doesn't work that way. Say Hi ... but don't do it 20 times which is what these guys want. Even after they get it they go elsewhere ... I still remember Shaun Williams hamming it up on youtube on those NYC football videos ... and the best part his son won't even have the impact of a Ron Thompson who was a 4 star (as a TE out of the state of Michigan) who do you think we invested more resource in? I don't think I need to spell that out ... I want kids with genuine interest in SU ... all they want is attention and the ability to parlay it into Clemson, ND, etc ... and how as that worked out for these guys so far?

I have no issue with saying hi ... again these kids want the 5 star attention to align with their 3 star skills ... doesn't work that way. Say Hi ... but don't do it 20 times which is what these guys want. Even after they get it they go elsewhere ... I still remember Shaun Williams hamming it up on youtube on those NYC football videos ... and the best part his son won't even have the impact of a Ron Thompson who was a 4 star (as a TE out of the state of Michigan) who do you think we invested more resource in? I don't think I need to spell that out ... I want kids with genuine interest in SU ... all they want is attention and the ability to parlay it into Clemson, ND, etc ... and how as that worked out for these guys so far?
I agree.

There haven't been any imp
This is your response? Seriously.

My dislike for NYC folks :rolling:

I'm guessing at this point with all your silly posts your really just trolling for fun.
look bro if you don't want to admit that NYC is producing elite talent you can can keep your head in the sand - I really don't care LOL. But I know the talent in this city better than anyone on this board and trust me when I tell you that NYC Football is getting bigger and better every year. Just ask Nebraska who was in offering '17 & '18 Brooklyn kids last month.

No one is saying recruit ONLY NY kids. Of course we grab from every state possible but we need to keep the top NY kids at home. It boggles my mind that people in this thread either don't understand that or won't admit it.

And Rutgers hasn't had any NYC impact kids the last 2-3 years b/c they just began landing our kids last year. Just wait you'll see thes kids playing for them.

Who Cares???

You don't care about Jason Bromley? Brandon Reddish? Wayne Morgan? Alvin Cornelius? Wayne Williams (hopefully)??? Terrel Hunt (again... hopefully)

Anyone who says who cares if Rutgers has stolen NYC from us is allowing their dislike for NYC folk to cloud their thinking

When was it SU's to begin with? Even though it's in the same state as SU, it's much closer to RU. As long as SU gets talented kids, I don't really care where they come from. If SU consistently makes bowl games but there are more Jersey players than City players on the squad, why should it matter? I applaud the coaches for strengthening their ties in other areas. If we get a few kids from NYC, great. If not, so be it. As long as we bring in talent.

Out starting QB, one of the starting WR's, a corner, a rotation DE, and starting TB might disagree we don't get city/downstate kids.

Those guys role on the team needs to be emphasized and we need to do better down there.

Period.

Out starting QB, one of the starting WR's, a corner, a rotation DE, and starting TB might disagree we don't get city/downstate kids.

Those guys role on the team needs to be emphasized and we need to do better down there.

Period.
Emphasized to the recruits down there or emphasized on the field?

T

look bro if you don't want to admit that NYC is producing elite talent you can can keep your head in the sand - I really don't care LOL. But I know the talent in this city better than anyone on this board and trust me when I tell you that NYC Football is getting bigger and better every year. Just ask Nebraska who was in offering '17 & '18 Brooklyn kids last month.

No one is saying recruit ONLY NY kids. Of course we grab from every state possible but we need to keep the top NY kids at home. It boggles my mind that people in this thread either don't understand that or won't admit it.

And Rutgers hasn't had any NYC impact kids the last 2-3 years b/c they just began landing our kids last year. Just wait you'll see thes kids playing for them.

Elite talent? Just because you know NYC better than anyone else, apparently. Nobody on here needs someone to tell us if NYC is producing elite talent. The level of play on the field will tell that. I've never said that NYC doesn't put out good players. 90% of the states in this country do the same thing, NYC isn't doing anything special that isn't happening all over the country.

I don't get the correlation between Nebraska and NYC = elite talent and lots of it. Nebraska has visited one player in NYC, so what? What does that prove. Every major city in the country has top colleges visiting their football players.

If the TOP players in NYC typically won't go here, it's not a big deal. They rarely produce at the college they end up choosing, equal to the amount of resources necessary to try to get them to come here.

Why are you so hung up on Rutgers. The players they are getting from NYC are equal to the players we are getting from other states. I still don't understand why it matters that they are "owning" the mid-level NYC talent? The best players in NYC aren't typically going to pick Rutgers, as has been stated by everyone else. The best NYC players go to the top 25 schools.

There is a huge intangible New York City provides as the top media market in the nation/world.

The more NYC kids and connections you have the more media coverage you receive (print/tv/radio). The more local NYC coverage you get, the more the national media will cover you. That in turn increases your ability to recruit and build a more sucessful program.

Gross for all his faults understood this and so did Marrone. Flood does too.

The ACC & B1G get it also which is a prime reason SU/RU got invited to join.

Some of Gross' moves backfired, like all the losses at MetLife, but Gross and Marrone were savvy enough to attempt to leverage this unique advantage.

Only 2 schools in the nation can lay claim to NYC. I'd rather it's us than that Jersey school.

With the exception of '15 NYC has produced at least 1 national level recruit every year since Easley. Word has reached even Nebraska, a school that NEVER sent coaches into Brooklyn public schools to recruit kids until now.

You can try and say that none of these kids are "elite" but this year there will be 2 city kids starting/ in heavy rotation at ND, 1 at OSU, 1 at Miami, 1 is waiting his turn at FLA, 1 at Clem (until he screwed up), plus Bromley and Easley are in the league.

Every one of those kids was a recruit that would have elevated the Orange program.

BKCuse said:
There is a huge intangible New York City provides as the top media market in the nation/world.

The more NYC kids and connections you have the more media coverage you receive (print/tv/radio). The more local NYC coverage you get, the more the national media will cover you. That in turn increases your ability to recruit and build a more sucessful program.

Gross for all his faults understood this and so did Marrone. Flood does too.

The ACC & B1G get it also which is a prime reason SU/RU got invited to join.

Some of Gross' moves backfired, like all the losses at MetLife, but Gross and Marrone were savvy enough to attempt to leverage this unique advantage.

Only 2 schools in the nation can lay claim to NYC. I'd rather it's us than that Jersey school.

With the exception of '15 NYC has produced at least 1 national level recruit every year since Easley. Word has reached even Nebraska, a school that NEVER sent coaches into Brooklyn public schools to recruit kids until now.

You can try and say that none of these kids are "elite" but this year there will be 2 city kids starting/ in heavy rotation at ND, 1 at OSU, 1 at Miami, 1 is waiting his turn at FLA, 1 at Clem (until he screwed up), plus Bromley and Easley are in the league.

Every one of those kids was a recruit that would have elevated the Orange program.

Gotta be honest all NYC cares about winning, you fight and claw every day at work to get ahead, winning is what matters down there. If we win we will have no trouble getting the best players from NYC to the cuse and then saying their reppin NY. When I lived down there no one even talked about cuse basketball in the regular season to me until we were at least top 5 in the country with a looong undefeated streak or not a peep till march ... monday after selection Sunday even with the BET in town the week before.

JUST WIN BABY, Otherwise you're pulling in mid level guys from down there and losing the best to the SEC where they will hate it like Easley did, but his cautoonary tale doesn't matter perception of winning does.

Gotta be honest all NYC cares about winning, you fight and claw every day at work to get ahead, winning is what matters down there. If we win we will have no trouble getting the best players from NYC to the cuse and then saying their reppin NY. When I lived down there no one even talked about cuse basketball in the regular season to me until we were at least top 5 in the country with a looong undefeated streak or not a peep till march ... monday after selection Sunday even with the BET in town the week before.

JUST WIN BABY, Otherwise you're pulling in mid level guys from down there and losing the best to the SEC where they will hate it like Easley did, but his cautoonary tale doesn't matter perception of winning does.

Ottoble is right. We start winning it will make it easier to land the top NYC recruit and more importantly winning allows us to not have to put as much time and resources into recruiting NYC. The kids will just want to come. That way we can focus on the more talent driven states while still having our pickings from NYC recruits if we miss out on others.

"Only 2 schools in the nation can lay claim to NYC."

Penn State and Notre Dame, I assume. ;)

:s: Wait! First Florida and now WE STOPPED RECRUITING NYC?! What? :s:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors