Class of 2015 - WR/TE Najee Clayton (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/TE Najee Clayton (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers

Clayton's coach resigned today to go to a college program to be determined. Please lord let it be us

Crap, word on the street is he is going to get hired by Rutgers. Bye Clayton.

If we are indeed screwed with Clayton and with Perkins deferring, things are opening up a bit. Stocker and Pickard could go either way. Certainly room for a QB.

Varsity Aces‏@VarsityAces 10h10 hours ago
Paramus Catholic (former) football Coach Chris Partridge has presented the Paladin award to...Najee Clayton.

Looks like Clayton left Cuse and went home to his team banquet Sunday.

Last edited:
With his HS coach going to RU and him scheduling an OV there late I think the writing is on the wall. If not, I would be shocked.

I could be wrong but I don't believe buttgers has any coaching staff openings. I think they're trying to hire him as an admin staff recruiter. Sorta like Eric white. A couple of years ago Miami did it with one of their area high school coaches.

Edit- maybe this is what the hangup is over the 'details' because it seems there were some other schools he's considering.

Last edited:
I'm not saying Clayton won't end up at RU, but I know that I wasn't a huge fan of every single coach I ever had. Who knows, maybe this isn't a game changer. Having your hs coach taking a recruiting position at a college doesn't guarantee all of his former players (Gary included) will follow. That being said, I don't like it.

I could be wrong but I don't believe buttgers has any coaching staff openings. I think they're trying to hire him as an admin staff recruiter. Sorta like Eric white. A couple of years ago Miami did it with one of their area high school coaches.

Edit- maybe this is what the hangup is over the 'details' because it seems there were some other schools he's considering.

That was Tim Harris at Miami but they then moved him to RB coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom