Class of 2015 - WR/TE Najee Clayton (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/TE Najee Clayton (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers

The story on PC HS coach going to RU.

Yes. But it doesn't indicate what position they are hiring him for.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._verge_of_hiring_former_paramus_catholic.html

"The move isn't without potential pitfalls, however. Partridge is a controversial figure in Bergen County. Will his presence on the staff become an obstacle to getting players from the other non-public powers such as Don Bosco Prep? Clearly, it's a risk Flood is willing to take."

The article says they are on the verge of hiring him but are working out details. I do believe it's as a staff recruiting position admin and I've also gathered from net talk but that there are several other colleges in the mix to hire the guy.

That was Tim Harris at Miami but they then moved him to RB coach.

Right which is what I see this guys path if he's hired as an admin recruiter. He'll get a coaching bump at some point. He's a football coach unlike eric white.

Scramble play by Rutgers. Getting their @$$es handed to them in Jersey on the trail. Kudos for making an adjustment though, if it comes to fruition.

Still don't know that it solidifies Clayton to Rutgers. Certainly doesn't hurt them or help us, but, I wouldn't raise the white flag bc of it. If it was all about the coaches opinion, Strickland wouldn't be coming here.

Scramble play by Rutgers. Getting their @$$es handed to them in Jersey on the trail. Kudos for making an adjustment though, if it comes to fruition.

Still don't know that it solidifies Clayton to Rutgers. Certainly doesn't hurt them or help us, but, I wouldn't raise the white flag bc of it. If it was all about the coaches opinion, Strickland wouldn't be coming here.
Good post Fin, part of going to college is getting a fresh start. The move helps open the door but it's far from closing it in their favor

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ridge_former_paramus_catholic_head_coach.html
States he has not accepted another job yet. As for position interviewing for...

"But its lower level 1AA schools for a position job, and with the bigger schools, it's in the recruitment office and helping and learning in those roles in terms of being able to coach, and being in meetings and doing a lot of the recruiting. There are opportunities that I have, director of recruiting-type stuff. It's just a variety of different things that I'm looking at. And that's why I didn't make a decision yet. I'm still open, I'm still looking and I'm still kind of figuring this thing out."

Lol what a joke. So Rutgers hires this guy in order to recruit Clayton and give htem the best possible shot at Gary. Meanwhile this guy is hated by the majority of parochial schools in Bergen County, and I cant imagine coach Toal or Campanile will be in a rush to send any players rutgers way.

If anything i this move as one that will strengthen our connection with Bosco

loved that last question by Toad

TH: Being a New Jersey guy, what are your feelings on players staying home and representing their state?

loved that last question by Toad

TH: Being a New Jersey guy, what are your feelings on players staying home and representing their state?

So nice that Toad is checking on the recruiting impact of this for Montclair State

Lol what a joke. So Rutgers hires this guy in order to recruit Clayton and give htem the best possible shot at Gary. Meanwhile this guy is hated by the majority of parochial schools in Bergen County, and I cant imagine coach Toal or Campanile will be in a rush to send any players rutgers way.

If anything i this move as one that will strengthen our connection with Bosco

Campanile also has a brother on Rutgers coaching staff. So I don't think it will effect any players from BC all that much.

CuseLegacy said:
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ridge_former_paramus_catholic_head_coach.html States he has not accepted another job yet. As for position interviewing for... "But its lower level 1AA schools for a position job, and with the bigger schools, it's in the recruitment office and helping and learning in those roles in terms of being able to coach, and being in meetings and doing a lot of the recruiting. There are opportunities that I have, director of recruiting-type stuff. It's just a variety of different things that I'm looking at. And that's why I didn't make a decision yet. I'm still open, I'm still looking and I'm still kind of figuring this thing out."

Took the Rutgers recruiting job.

• 4:48 PM - 19 Jan 2015
    Najee Clayton‏@Jee_Sosa9 41s41 seconds ago
    Last night
    1f3c8.png
    pic.twitter.com/ABAY2Rw4gr

I think he might have been at the Rutgers basketball game...

I think he might have been at the Rutgers basketball game...

Yes. He was at the RU BB game and is still taking an OV there this weekend.

Last edited: