Class of 2015 - WR Trevill Holcy (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR Trevill Holcy (FL) Offered

CuseLegacy

Followed by Tim Lester
Trevill...‏@T_Holcy1 13m
Just received my 9th offer from Syracuse!
1f64f.png
1f446.png

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...evill-holcy-ucf-offer-20140304,0,6678941.post
580x417

St. CLoud receiver Trevill Holcy was offered by UCF on Monday (Marhc 3) and now has four offers, including Miami, Kentucky and Ole Miss. (Phelan M. Ebenhack / For the Sentinel / June 8, 2013)
UCF has had it's eyes on Trevill Holcy since the summer of 2012, when the big wide receiver first stepped on campus for a 7-on-7 camp.
Head coach George O'Leary watched him again this past summer at the same camp, anxious to see his progression. He was happy with what he saw. So has been UCF offensive coordinator Charlie Taaffe and the Knights finally reached out to Holcy Monday with a scholarship offer, his fourth.
Holcy, a 6-foot-5, 210-pound receiver with tremendous upside with his untapped potential, now has offers from UCF, Miami, Ole Miss and Kentucky.
"It's definitely something I'm going to take into consideration," Holcy said. "I know people will think, 'Oh, he's got ACC and SEC offers on the table. He's not going to consider UCF,' but UCF is 30 minutes away from my house and my grandparents are almost 80 years old so it's not like they can travel everywhere.

"UCF is a great school and they've been doing big things lately ... obviously beating Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. I looked up their facilities. The are very nice facilities and I think I can make a place like that my home for four years, hopefully three (laughing)."
Holcy is already penciled in to attend the Knights first junior day of the spring, which is March 22.
The offer came from Taaffe, but Holcy said he didn't have long to talk on Monday.
"I was getting ready for our powder-puff game. I was coaching the girls up," Holcy said. "But he was just telling me they are fortunate to be able to offer me a scholarship because they don't have very many to give out.
"He said they've been watching me since my freshman year, going to their 7-on-7, and they saw me perform pretty good last year. The coach told me then that they'd be getting back to me and I didn't know if they were, but they came through."
Holcy was beginning to wonder if he had what it takes to perform at the next level given the slowness of his recruitment, but with it picking up lately, he's certainly relieved.
"The lack of attention scared me there for a little bit," Holcy said. "I'm never going to be comfortable and I'm always going to work hard to get better so I can potentially play earlier in my college career, maybe even as a true freshman. .. but this has been nice.
"Coach Taaffe did tell me that at UCF they are graduating four senior receivers next year, so I would definitely have a strong shot at playing early as a true freshman."
Holcy, who lives with his grandparents in St. Cloud, is busy concentrating on his core GPA and meeting NCAA qualifying standards, and he said he is "point six points away from qualifying."
"I'm not going to take the test again because I think I can take care of that with my GPA. My GPA right now is 2.34 so I just need to get it up above 2.4 to qualify," he said.
Holcy caught 18 passes for 256 yards and a touchdown while playing in just five games last season, but St. Cloud head coach Bryan Smart has already said his offense will be opening up more of the passing game next season. St. Cloud only threw the ball a little more than 100 times last season.

On some sites and the article I posted this morning it shows a Miami offer. According to something else I read today he was previously committed to Miami then de-committed.