Class of 2015 - WR Vaquan Small (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR Vaquan Small (FL) Offered

Runs good routes, really like how he attacks the ball. Not sure how explosive he is by the tape, but seems pretty polished for a HS WR.

Runs good routes, really like how he attacks the ball. Not sure how explosive he is by the tape, but seems pretty polished for a HS WR.

Agree and I mean this as not a slight to him but from the tape he looks like the perfect "position WR". Crafty route runner, knows how to get open against man and zone, not blazing speed but just enough and he looks sure handed. Seems like a great WR to work the underneath and in-between routes.

Just in case it was in doubt...

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 29m
Syracuse has offered 2015 WR Vaquan Small of Booker T. Washington (Miami, Fla.) HS, per coach Tim Harris.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 29m
Syracuse OC George McDonald called one of Harris' assistants this morning to extend the offer to Small.

ṿѧզȗѧṅ ṡṃѧʟʟ‏@vaquan_Small 28m
Syracuse
1f34a.png
offer
1f64c.png
#humble19

Booker T. Washington (Florida) High School head coach Tim Harris Jr. said Syracuse made an offer to his Class of 2016 wide receiver, Vaquan Small, two weeks before McDonald was demoted. The junior receiver is 6 feet, 1 inch tall, weighs 162 pounds and is not rated by At their request, this network is being blocked from this site..

Harris said he continued to hear from McDonald about once a week after the offer was made, but hasn’t heard from McDonald since.

“I’m not sure if the recruiting situation has changed at that point with that particular team or not, which is fine either way, but that’s just the last time we spoke with anyone from Syracuse,” Harris said.

Booker T. Washington (Florida) High School head coach Tim Harris Jr. said Syracuse made an offer to his Class of 2016 wide receiver, Vaquan Small, two weeks before McDonald was demoted. The junior receiver is 6 feet, 1 inch tall, weighs 162 pounds and is not rated by At their request, this network is being blocked from this site..

Harris said he continued to hear from McDonald about once a week after the offer was made, but hasn’t heard from McDonald since.

“I’m not sure if the recruiting situation has changed at that point with that particular team or not, which is fine either way, but that’s just the last time we spoke with anyone from Syracuse,” Harris said.

This would seem to be another red flag (Robinson decommit) with McDonald and his lack of communication since demotion. Since we are eliminated from bowl contention, and we have a bye week, there is absolutely no reason why there should be no communication now.

This would seem to be another red flag (Robinson decommit) with McDonald and his lack of communication since demotion. Since we are eliminated from bowl contention, and we have a bye week, there is absolutely no reason why there should be no communication now.
I can think of several very plausible reasons, and an unintentional oversight isn't one of them..

Last edited:
is he 2015 or 2016 ?
I thought 2015? Kind of funny that they say Mcdonald is still recruiting for SU but here is another recruit that has not heard from SU since around the time Mcdonald got demoted.

I love how everyone agrees that McDonald's demotion will hurt recruiting and then outraged when it does...

I am not outraged at the Mcdonald recruiting suffering I just think it is bs to say he is still recruiting for Syracuse

I am not outraged at the Mcdonald recruiting suffering I just think it is bs to say he is still recruiting for Syracuse

I didn't say he was recruiting. I said the coaches are out visiting. And I am not sure if anyone will be visiting Robinson.

I didn't say he was recruiting. I said the coaches are out visiting. And I am not sure if anyone will be visiting Robinson.
was not directed at you but when the Robinson stuff came out Mike at skout and others said Mcdonald was still recruiting for SU

I love how everyone agrees that McDonald's demotion will hurt recruiting and then outraged when it does...

He is still employed by Syracuse University. He should still be talking to recruits based on his full-time salaried position. If that was taken away from him, then other coaches should have stepped up and taken more of a lead role.

SUFan44 said:
He is still employed by Syracuse University. He should still be talking to recruits based on his full-time salaried position. If that was taken away from him, then other coaches should have stepped up and taken more of a lead role.

I don't know what should happen - pretty odd situation, I think.