Class of 2015 - WR's and TE's | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR's and TE's

CbusCuse

All Conference
Really surprised we aren't bringing in a single guy at either position. I'm excited to see Enoicy hit the field and see Custis get some run. But I keep thinking that Enoicy will be a TE though. He's got to be right? If not I don't see how they have not brought in a Freshman TE. I love that we got Dunk but it doesn't seem like its enough. Is Kendal Moore still supposed to be moving to OT? I don't see it with the supposed emphasis TE's play in the new scheme. We just don't have enough bodies there plus it doesn't seem like he has the ability to bulk up as he's tried before right?

Really surprised we aren't bringing in a single guy at either position. I'm excited to see Enoicy hit the field and see Custis get some run. But I keep thinking that Enoicy will be a TE though. He's got to be right? If not I don't see how they have not brought in a Freshman TE. I love that we got Dunk but it doesn't seem like its enough. Is Kendal Moore still supposed to be moving to OT? I don't see it with the supposed emphasis TE's play in the new scheme. We just don't have enough bodies there plus it doesn't seem like he has the ability to bulk up as he's tried before right?

Moore is supposedly moving to OT last we heard, I don't think there's been anything that came out to the contrary of that.

Last edited:
Custis, Enoicy, Trey are all in Lesters mold of TE, all in the 6-5-231 plus size, and you also have Parris as more of a blocker, and outlet valve.

I definitely agree about not bringing in any WR's. I thought this was a position of need. Now we lose West, plus at this time last year we thought we'd have KJ, and Cooper. I know they are moving Erv to slot (great move imo) , but otherwise I can't see how they would otherwise feel confident enough in the unit where nobody else would be needed?

We are going to run the ball and then run some more.

We're fine at both positions and a couple of the frosh, like Ealey, can play TE.

Depth chart right now says 10 wide receivers:
Broyld, Fund, Cornelius, estime, avant, Lewis, Enoicy, Custis, Phillips and Ishmael

Tight ends:
Parris, Provo, dunk, batten, green, McPherson, and Moore hasn't been moved yet.

My gut tell me that we needed to bring in a WR, but looking at how many we have, we might be ok numbers wise. If they stay healthy, things should be ok. Nothing spectacular, but hopefully solid.

So, do we bring in 4 WR's next year? Probably. Won't all of the 10 current WR's, beside Funderbuke, be playing in 2016 as well? I believe so.

So, do we bring in 4 WR's next year? Probably. Won't all of the 10 current WR's, beside Funderbuke, be playing in 2016 as well? I believe so.

Broyld is done after 2015.

We really didn't need any WRs this year. Last year, we had too many frankly. There will be some positional moves for sure. Trying to figure out which ones.

Whatever dude. We brought in a ton of OL, DL, and LB, which are and have to be the base of this team. I'm more concerned about the DB than WR or TE, where we've got tons of talent returning as pointed out above, but the staff appears to be trying to address those needs and cognizant of them. We had key needs to fill this year and most of them got filled in an awesome recruiting effort by this squad. Starting next year, we can start getting some balanced classes where we bring in best talent available regardless of position.

I am still concerned about the secondary. We don't have an established leader of the unit. Last year we had Eskridge and the year before that we had Shamarko. We need someone to step up and lead this group. I hate to say it but it would have been nice to get a highly rated JUCO CB or Safety. I think this is one of our "weak links" this year. Whigham or Morgan need to step up and lead this group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom