WWE Thread | Page 125 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I can't believe they had that in an open air stadium lol. Night 1 looked cold. Like... what if there was SNOW?

It would've been rough!

I did Mania 35 at metlife as well, outdoor stadium. We got super lucky that day, the weather was really nice. (I just checked, weather underground says the high that day was 66 and it didnt go any lower than 59, even at midnight)

I was def a little chilly at times, more Saturday than Sunday. The alcohol did help a little. It's definitely a risk running it in the northeast in the first week of April though

Well it seems that Nick Khan is probably leaving the WWE. Although selling all your shares doesn't require you by any means to resign, optically disposing of all shares is not something an officer typically does who is sticking around.

A lot of people are speculating that something bad is going on at WWE which is why he wants to leave. I doubt there is something bad that is driving him out. Although his leaving is probably not good thing for WWE . I have worked with some of these guys as CEO's of companies who are "transaction" motivated.. They operate the company well enough, but they are driven by transactions -- completing big deals is where the significant additional compensation (a big part of it equity) comes into play. And when those transactions are done, they are looking for the next company to repeat. They don't want to oversee the standard stuff.

With the WWE, Tony Khan has overseen some major transactions -- the TV deals, the sale of the company - that has likely earned him significant additional equity. He's probably not that interested in a job that is largely just running things more operationally.

Last edited:
Well it seems that Nick Khan is probably leaving the WWE. Although selling all your shares doesn't require you by any means to resign, optically disposing of all shares is not something an officer typically does who is sticking around.

A lot of people are speculating that something bad is going on at WWE which is why he wants to leave. I doubt there is something bad that is driving him out. Although his leaving is probably not good thing for WWE . I have worked with some of these guys as CEO's of companies who are "transaction" motivated.. They operate the company well enough, but they are driven by transactions -- completing big deals is where the significant additional compensation (a big part of it equity) comes into play. And when those transactions are done, they are looking for the next company to repeat. They don't want to oversee the standard stuff.

With the WWE, Tony Khan has overseen some major transactions -- the TV deals, the sale of the company - that has likely earned him significant additional equity. He's probably not that interested in a job that is largely just running things more operationally.

I did want to add an important subtlety. They have put in a filing to "register" all of his shares, which allows him to sell a portion or all of the shares. So it doesn't necessarily mean he is planning to sell all the shares. That being said its still odd for an exec to try to sell all his shares at once, and to still be committed long term.

I did want to add an important subtlety. They have put in a filing to "register" all of his shares, which allows him to sell a portion or all of the shares. So it doesn't necessarily mean he is planning to sell all the shares. That being said its still odd for an exec to try to sell all his shares at once, and to still be committed long term.

Fwiw, he registered to sell the shares back in September, it's becoming public now. Not sure if thats relevant but at least worth a mention

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom