XFL May return soon thanks to Vince McMahon | Syracusefan.com

XFL May return soon thanks to Vince McMahon

good god don't do it. I am thinking this is a false story leaked out to get attention to the WWE or something. It can't be true

So this isn't a joke. Vince McMahon is starting his own company away from the WWE called "ALPHA ENTERTAINMENT" and last month he began trademarking XFL names. It has to be separate from the WWE and not the same company because he doesn't want that stock price to tank as when this is formally announced next month the world is going to laugh and treat this as a joke so he can't tank the WWE stock price.

This story is getting interesting. So this won't be called the XFL. It will be the UFL or URFL (as in Your Football League just sounded out with a U, Vince trademarked both last month) and Trump might be quietly behind this. Vince's wife Linda is part of Trump's cabinet don't forget. It is going to be marketed towards the fans who have stopped watching the NFL because of players taking a knee and such. Whatever TV deal they land don't be shocked if its on a right-leaning network or a network associated with right leaning ownership. No word if it will be played in the spring or the fall and go head up vs the NFL yet. But expect to see a lot of twitter action on this league once it starts from our President as now he would have an alternative football league to direct his followers to so they can support. And he can make the NFL a bigger enemy and someone to rail against.

This story is getting interesting. So this won't be called the XFL. It will be the UFL or URFL (as in Your Football League just sounded out with a U, Vince trademarked both last month) and Trump might be quietly behind this. Vince's wife Linda is part of Trump's cabinet don't forget. It is going to be marketed towards the fans who have stopped watching the NFL because of players taking a knee and such. Whatever TV deal they land don't be shocked if its on a right-leaning network or a network associated with right leaning ownership. No word if it will be played in the spring or the fall and go head up vs the NFL yet. But expect to see a lot of twitter action on this league once it starts from our President as now he would have an alternative football league to direct his followers to so they can support. And he can make the NFL a bigger enemy and someone to rail against.
It will do about as well as the last one. It isn't just the league that people are tiring of

Lol!

Should be a lot of fun trying to guess the IQ’s of the morons who will inevitably go all fanboy on this league.

More divisive crap from the President of the country.

Is the XFL coming back?

You want old school football?
I’ll give you Football this is the XFL.

Populism gone football. I guess it was bound to happen.
upload_2017-12-17_9-39-12.gif

Just as long as they keep the "coin toss scramble."

I guess it will be nice to have a league that doesn’t pretend to be safe and wholesome.

I guess it will be nice to have a league that doesn’t pretend to be safe and wholesome.
The hell with head injuries and concussions. And bring back the stripper cheerleaders!

When he first did this, I thought he picked the wrong sport. There was an opportunity to create an XHL. Have a bunch of goons fighting, but also open up the ice for faster play. NHL was struggling a bit, still had the dumb two line pass rule that drove everyone crazy. Couldn’t clear the zone on delayed offsides. The NHL eventually fixed them.

He got greedy and let his ego pick the wrong sport.

No one wants to watch a cheap shot, concussion fest version of the NFL.

And if it happens... I'm sure we will get to see Trump tweet about it and how everyone will stand for the anthem...

And if it happens... I'm sure we will get to see Trump tweet about it and how everyone will stand for the anthem...
Some think that is the ONLY reason this is happening. So Trump can use this issue as a "wedge" issue in the upcoming elections in 2018 and 2020 and he found a fool willing to throw away millions to help him do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom